IGNORED

Face value archeology.

Guest HisG

I've always been interested in ancient history/archeology - however, I wonder what percentage of

discoveries etc are false claims or partly false, for the purpose of upholding a particular archeologists

belief system.

Falsifying of anything alters things - eg:false archeological claims would alter history.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

In biblical archaeology there tends to be biases, from unbelievers seeking to discredit the bible and from muslim archaeologists seeking to support the anti israel view they have. 

I know first hand that in other regions of archaeology, it is hard to get past the established view when making new discoveries or coming up with new viewpoints. 

AJ,

What do you think of the ark discovery on Mt Ararat?

I have heard a lot of pros and cons about discoveries there. Nothing has been proven at this time BUT the turkish govt wont let anyone over there to check it out. So it might or might not be there as far as I can tell. Even if it was there, those who believe do not need proof of the Lord. Those who do not believe likely wont accept that as proof either. It would be cool if its really there, but no one really knows at this time. 

You're right in the sense that we don't need that as proof the flood happened or that Noah existed etc.

What I find fascinating, is that this "vessel" has iron workings in it - nails I think, which if my memory serves me correctly, would be impossible from a secular archelogical point of view - way too early in their eyes and also the wood that makes up the vessel hasn't any tree rings, possibly because the trees grew prior to rainfall.

Quite interesting.

You're right in the sense that we don't need that as proof the flood happened or that Noah existed etc.

What I find fascinating, is that this "vessel" has iron workings in it - nails I think, which if my memory serves me correctly, would be impossible from a secular archelogical point of view - way too early in their eyes and also the wood that makes up the vessel hasn't any tree rings, possibly because the trees grew prior to rainfall.

Quite interesting.

I wouldn't be too surprised if there were nails in the ark, if it were found. I've often wondered about what the world was like before the flood, especially the people. Can't help but wonder what an Edison, DaVinci, Watt, or some other genius could have done with a 900 or so year lifespan.

Guest shiloh357

I've always been interested in ancient history/archeology - however, I wonder what percentage of

discoveries etc are false claims or partly false, for the purpose of upholding a particular archeologists

belief system.

Falsifying of anything alters things - eg:false archeological claims would alter history.

The person you really want to avoid is Ron Wyatt.  He makes extraordinary claims, but none of them have been verified.   He claims to have found the Ark of the Coveannt under Golgotha, which is a complete hoax.   He claims to have recovered some of Jesus' blood from Golgotha as well. totally bogus.

Wyatt is not credible in my opinion. His so called archaeology is quite poor.