IGNORED

Just a trivial thing.... Maybe :)

Guest HisG

But some folks have this thought -

Men cannot live without a woman, but women can function quite well in life without a man. ( I have witnessed this time and again).

Woman is the "helpmeet" for man - man needs help.

Also, a woman can have clear boundaries when it comes to men as just friends, whereas it's harder for men to have a platonic male/female friendship as they always have the "hope" it will develop into romance.......

?

What do you think?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Men cannot live without a woman, but women can function quite well in life without a man. ( I have witnessed this time and again).

Also, a woman can have clear boundaries when it comes to men as just friends, whereas it's harder for men to have a platonic male/female friendship as they always have the "hope" it will develop into romance.......

?

What do you think?

I think that their are alot of men who can live quite well without a female in their life.I have had many men friends who know their boundaries quite well.I like to have men for friends.That is it just friends.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1989

?

What do you think?

Ehhh...yes and no. I do agree that it is indeed easier for women to function in life without men than it is for men to do so without women. However, I don't think it applies to as many women as you might imagine. And this is nothing to be ashamed of as men and women were created for each other, lol. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I lived quite well without a woman for some time. I thoroughly enjoyed being single, just as much as I enjoy being married. I think it varies, from person to person. I have seen both men and woman who literally, cannot function without a mate-and others, of both genders, whod just as soon be single. I think to single one gender out and say they can function without the other is unfair-but perhaps just a bit sexist.

for the record, I have many women that are just platonic friends-always have. in high school, I think i actually had more female friends then male.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I lived quite well without a woman for some time. I thoroughly enjoyed being single, just as much as I enjoy being married. I think it varies, from person to person. I have seen both men and woman who literally, cannot function without a mate-and others, of both genders, whod just as soon be single. I think to single one gender out and say they can function without the other is unfair-but perhaps just a bit sexist.

for the record, I have many women that are just platonic friends-always have. in high school, I think i actually had more female friends then male.

I have seen that too pat.A man or a woman who can not function without a relationship with the opposite sex.I think that is rather sad.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I have seen that too pat.A man or a woman who can not function without a relationship with the opposite sex.I think that is rather sad.

Some can, some can't  - but when you have Jesus as a companion, you kinda manage quite swell without.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I dont know about sad, I think a lot depends on how they handle it. Different people are just wired differently. Some are content alone some need that companionship, I dont see anything wrong either way. I have seen, those that need that companionship going about it in the wrong way-as in looking for love in all the wrong places, but I don't see that need as sad or wrong.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1989

Hi Wapoh,

Can you expand on why you think it's easier for women to function in life without men?

WillowWood makes a very good point...

Why? Like you, I've witnessed it over and over again with women I know who are family friends or fellow church members, and like WW said, I believe their contentment that allows them to function so well is based off of their relationship with Christ. Of course you couldn't give that explanation for every woman as not all woman are Christians, but...I do think WW has a great point. Anyway, I'm that type of woman myself. Granted, that doesn't mean I desire to function the remainder of my lifetime without a significant other, but if it never happened...I don't think my feelings will be hurt. Honestly. 

Again I'll say, though I do agree that it tends to be easier for women to function well without men (in a romantic sense, not friendship necessarily - we all need a friend a or two, male or female), I did say that it's not as common as you or others might think. But still, this type of theory should always be taken with a grain of salt anyway. Like the_patriot said, it varies from person to person because everyone is different. 

Edited by Шарон

Ok, we've all seen examples of both sexes coping without the other.

Some are single by choice, others not so. Some cope better than others.

I have seen however, men who have become single only to find a new partner in what seems like record time.

Is it the need to fill a void or simply because men are hard wired that way - hence woman being a helpmeet for man and not the other way around.