IGNORED

Just a trivial thing.... Maybe :)

Guest HisG

That's exactly right - my point.

It's not the order of things - only woman makes man whole because she is his helpmeet.

Nothing else fills that basic need.

(The fact that same sex can't reproduce speaks volumes.)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

so what your saying, is that while not all men necessarily need a help meet (as in they can remain single and be fine) if they do need one, that it is a woman that they need and not a man?

What I originally typed was the thinking of some, that women seem to cope better being single.

Men not so much - they Seem to fair better if they have a wife/g'friend - the woman being a helpmeet.

It's not really such an important issue, could be classed as quite trivial but there is that mindset out there.

The longer I live and observe life, I kinda agree with it.

I'm not putting down men in anyway. In fact, it makes me understand things a bit better.

Im just saying maybe its an area thing, where Im from theres quite a few men who are just fine single. I was quite content being single before I got married-was single all the way through my first year college. Dont get me wrong I love my wife-not sure Id know what to do without her now, but when I was 19, I dont know what I would have done with a woman in my life, I was just as happy then being single, as I am now being married.

What about single dads?

I wonder what percentage of single dads would be quite happy to stay that way?

I'm sure the natural thinking would be to have a supportive wife to help raise his children and comfort and care for his needs too. I'm sure the latter would be more appealing.

I imagine single dads are among the "need woman in their life" category, otherwise they likely wouldnt have been dads in the first place. Im just pointing out, that there are quite a few men out there that get along just fine single-I used to be one of them.

Ok, well I'm pretty certain you prefer your current situation over your past singledom, even though you have fond memories of those times :)

Let's just say ..you probably scrub up a bit better these days too!!!

right now yes! I would. but if I had to go back in time to when I was 19, I would still want to be single then. :D keep in mind that people change to. what they need at one point in life may very well be different then another point in life.

I've been single without kids and am now single with kids.

I acknowledge my childless years were fun, but I lived secular then. I was also extremely selfish in ALL areas of my life.

Since then, I've had kids also became a Christian. Both have made me extremely less selfish and I'm a better person for being both a mother and a Christian.

My kids have benefited from having a Christian mother.

Do I look back on my single childless years with fondness? Some aspects, yes, other aspects, a big no.

I'd rather be where I'm at now, than when I was single and childless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

But some folks have this thought -

Men cannot live without a woman, but women can function quite well in life without a man. ( I have witnessed this time and again).

Woman is the "helpmeet" for man - man needs help.

Also, a woman can have clear boundaries when it comes to men as just friends, whereas it's harder for men to have a platonic male/female friendship as they always have the "hope" it will develop into romance.......

?

What do you think?

God said that it wasn't good for man to be alone in the book of Genesis.  I tend to think there is a lot of truth in the words God spoke about a man and loneliness.  I have often thought that men are inheritly lonely creatures within themselves without women being a part of their lives.  I don't in my observation think that women are inheritly lonely creatures as the men are therefore they can have the boundaries and remain just friends, without the relationship moving further into something.