IGNORED

Just a trivial thing.... Maybe :)

Guest HisG

I do believe man has an empty spot that only a female can fill - not a job, not a dog, not a hobby.

That's not a belittling thing or anything of the like. Simply my observation over a few years.

It's actually good to acknowledge from a female perspective.

Guest shiloh357

I don't know what it's like in Oz, but if you watch TV here in the states the commercials for online dating sites like Match.com are heavily geared toward women.  

I think there is a difference between simply be able to "make it" in life as a single person and actually being happy and satisfied as a single person.   Women and men can make it on their own, but are they happy?  Are they satisfied? 

Can you give an example Shiloh of the dating commercials? How they are geared more toward women..?

We don't really see that many online dating ads on Aus Tv stations.

Guest shiloh357

Can you give an example Shiloh of the dating commercials? How they are geared more toward women..?

We don't really see that many online dating ads on Aus Tv stations.

Most of the time, its women talking about their sisters' best friends, manicurist found her husband on match.com or how their best friend found her fiance on this or that dating site.   The commercials basically show mostly women.  Guys tend to fall into relationships with women where women are actually seeking a guy.   I think dating sites are more popular with women than men, but I could be wrong.

The one exception is E-Harmony.  They focus more on marriage than dating.  The man who operates it is a Christian and E-Harmony took some heat for not promoting same-sex relationships.   Other sites tend focus on getting people on dates, not so much on marriage.

Frankly, I would never use a such a site.  I think they really cheapen the whole thing, but that is just me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone...

I don't know that I would want to categorize men or women as the gender that does better than the other as a single person....I would just give it a 50/50 & say it greatly depends on the individual.....I have met many men & woman that have the mindset that their lives are just incomplete without someone to share it with & on the other hand there are others that are very complete as an individual and seem genuinely content going it alone,I think good family & friend relationships and just "}personality"plays  a very significant part in an individuals needs for a one on one relationship with the opposite sex.......some people do very well alone ,others will feel lonely period

I was an only child growing up and spent alot of time alone,generally it is a rare moment for me to feel "lonely"(Glory be to God!)

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Over the years, I have seen loneliness on both sides, single ladies and men alike.
And without Christ at the head of any marriage, loneliness eventually shows up there as well.

Quote Shiloh357: "The one exception is E-Harmony.  They focus more on marriage than dating.  The man who operates it is a Christian and E-Harmony took some heat for not promoting same-sex relationships."

Not looking to derail, just some clarification on the "new" E-Harmony.
Like so many in this generation, the E-Harmony founder waffled in his Christian stance and caved after a lawsuit that was brought against his company in 2008.
He started a sister company called "Compatible Partners" in 2009, an online "dating" website which caters to homosexuals as "couples."
He now more or less supports the sinful idea that homosexuality is OK in dating, and has become very Ecumenical in the process...

http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-founder-of-eharmony-says-gay-marriage-debate-damaged-company-90282/
From the article:
"Warren concluded the interview by saying: "I have said that eHarmony really ought to put up $10 million and ask other companies to put up money and do a really first class job of figuring out homosexuality."
"At the very best, it's been a painful way for a lot of people to have to live. But at this point, at this age, I want America to start drawing together. I want it to be more harmonious," Warren added."
"We're trying to reach the whole world – people of all spiritual orientations, all political philosophies, all racial backgrounds,"

Mr. Warren, I have your answer in one word, and you may keep the 10 million. Here it is: "SIN" as God clearly defines it in the Bible.
Like any other that is in sin, a homosexual can repent and believe on Jesus Christ and be forgiven.