• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

When God opened the Torah with the Creation account, what was His purpose? Was He concerned with making His people acquainted with the heavens and the earth, or was He concerned with acquainting His people with Himself?

Why does it have to be either/or?   Why can't it be both/and??

Why would He be concerned with people being acquainted with the heavens and the earth?

Exactly! He was concerned with acquainting His people with Himself!

That's what the bible is about! 

He gave us inquiring minds, that much is obvious from these threads.....

Hey Fez,

I think Neb when saying "was He concerned with acquainting His people with Himself?" was referring to the "His people" as the Israelites... and from numerous discussions with her is that this is pretty Exclusive to them.

If I'm mislabeling this Neb be sure and correct me here.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Eight children have believed in Jesus and most are professing in belief in Him now on Wednesday

night Kid's Quest... we range 25 to 35 children (please pray for them!) I must teach them Him!

I have been lead to take them through the Gospel of John and the start of John 'IS' the daunting

task of delivering to them what Shiloh has spoken of! All that is in Genesis 1 is the beginning

of His Hello- I have made you and all that you are!  I have placed you in beginning by Creation which

points to Me BUT does not define My Completeness as The I AM that I AM cannot be bound in

corporeal aspects but of Spirit in radiance of Being of no start or finish into no limitation of thought

precedence... but as equality in Self only I AMthatI AM -> 'In This' we were imaged. We were designed

to glory in Him both inwardly and outwardly in all aspects a focus of The Who of God in the wonder,

in thanksgiving expressing praise in the absolute of the singularity in each and every moment never

repeated in the same way and always unique to the tic of every second not looking back but to all that

'IS' coming in The Revelation of infinite introduction of our creator of The Glory He Alone contains that

we are being made a part of ...

I must take them to the place Spiritually where all that is made points to Him but then because of sin

we now must let go of the indicators (world) and even our own housing (body) and embrace His Word

in Spirit and substance ourselves In s(S)pirit of Life even in this deadness we are surrounded in. I beg

of your prayers family as we need People, ( in these last of days ), who will stand in the flame in order not

to shame His Name; who are willing to suffer all that comes against them to maintain the obedience of

'ALL' for His Glory, For His Honor, For His Eternal Right Of The Glory In The Who Of Our Lord And Creator

YHWY...  Love, Steven

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So what if we stepped aside for a moment away from time frames and whether or not the Pinwheel Galaxy was created on the fourth Day and looked at what is God conveying to us that He wants us to know about Him?

Whether or not??  Looks pretty clear to me.  (See: Below)

And, Why should we put it aside?  HE WROTE IT....

(Genesis 1:14-19) "¶And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:  {15} And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.  {16} And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.  {17} And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,  {18} And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.  {19} And the evening and the morning were the fourth day."

Are you saying this is not important?

Do you have "your own" Order of Precedence?

What spiritual revelation about God, His salvation, His relationship to man, and how we can draw closer to Him through by preaching for an hour on the Pinwheel Galaxy being created within the 72 - 96 th hours of Creation?

Does the previous post I gave this morning mean nothing to you?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I like what you are asking Nebula.  

the twenty-four elders will fall down before Him who sits on the throne, and will worship Him who lives forever and ever, and will cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 11"Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created."

Rev 4:10-11

God is worthy BECAUSE He created all things.  We call Him Lord and God BECAUSE He created all things.  Apparently, for His pleasure.

We know, from Genesis, that God created the beginning...that is He is the beginning and we learn in the Bible that He has always existed and has no beginning

When I read the opening account of Genesis and the first chapter of John...especially v 1-5...I am captivated (yes that is the right word) by God's mercy, His love and His creation...the work

of His hands.  I bow down and I worship....I can understand the elders in Revelation doing so at the concept and the knowledge of who God is.

I am thinking, in regards to yr op, that the knowledge of creation by God, is almost like a key fitting a lock that opens our heart to the revelation of who God is and who Jesus is and

the Holy Spirit....and does bring us to our knees in acknowledgement that Jesus is Lord and God is Creator and the Spirit of God His breath in us.

I could never have said or thought those things when I was saved (at the age of 5) of course, but it is like His word that is true, takes root and grows until we really do come into

His understanding and truth.  And it is ongoing.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

=============================================================================

What spiritual revelation about God, His salvation, His relationship to man, and how we can draw closer to Him through by preaching for an hour on the Pinwheel Galaxy being created within the 72 - 96 th hours of Creation?

Well I consider every LETTER/WORD/VERSE/CHAPTER/PAGE a direct reflection of Jesus Christ. Why?...

(John 1:1) "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

(1 John 5:7) "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

(Revelation 19:13) "And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God."

Well see above Scripture in TOTO for about GOD, and HIS Salvation, and how we can draw closer to HIM.

HIS Relationship to MAN....HIS AWESOMENESS as the CREATOR:  (Romans 1:20) "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

And see above Scripture in TOTO.

Do these answer your questions?

by preaching for an hour on the Pinwheel Galaxy being created within the 72 - 96 th hours of Creation?

Well Neb...this little extra was something you added just now.  I was speaking to this statement by you..... "whether or not the Pinwheel Galaxy was created on the fourth Day"

and then justly IMHO asked...

Whether or not??  Looks pretty clear to me.

And, Why should we put it aside?  HE WROTE IT.

Which have remained unanswered, currently.

What specifically so there are no misunderstandings?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What specifically so there are no misunderstandings?

This post:

Doe sit hold meaning to you?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There was a thing I used to do here that I confess no longer I do- used to when I post something it was

for the hope that it is a need to read by someone and when no comments I felt self moved with evalutation

terrors :24: Now I require no reply even if I put out a question and no answer... why? Because I am not

important unless I am called to be so by someone! To be demanding of response is self elevation stuff and

we know a servant is not to be served but to serve as this is the perfect work of His Word's work engaging

within me for I have the freedom to be released from self considerations and if asked I am on it with all

that He enables me to be :thumbsup: Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I would only suggest that on a "personal" level theologic answers can be quite sufficient.  On a societal/academic level where such theologic answers are simply attributed to circular reasoning a "rational" defence of "intelligent design" is often required. I believe Shiloh357 offered an extremely congent overview of the theologic significance of Genesis. As to "both/and" the import is centripetal/centrifugal.

Guest shiloh357

So what if we stepped aside for a moment away from time frames and whether or not the Pinwheel Galaxy was created on the fourth Day and looked at what is God conveying to us that He wants us to know about Him?

Whether or not??  Looks pretty clear to me.  (See: Below)

And, Why should we put it aside?  HE WROTE IT....

(Genesis 1:14-19) "¶And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:  {15} And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.  {16} And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.  {17} And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,  {18} And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.  {19} And the evening and the morning were the fourth day."

Are you saying this is not important?

Do you have "your own" Order of Precedence?

There is nothing about knowing more about God that would not draw us closer to Him.   That's the problem.  The more knowledge of God, more we love Him.   It isn't about some spritiual revelation.   The more we love someone the more we want to learn about that person.  Every relationship is that way and it is no different than God.  It's not an either/or.  It's both/and.  God is drawing us closer to Him and He uses more than one thing to do that.   He even uses creation to draw us closer to Him and to show us His glory in the process.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Creation comes up in Genesis that same way it comes up in all religions/mythologies.  No matter what cultrure man is brought up in, he always wonders where he came from...You all should reasearch creation myths...they are fascinating, and it will put Genesis in context...