• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Creation comes up in Genesis that same way it comes up in all religions/mythologies.  No matter what cultrure man is brought up in, he always wonders where he came from...You all should reasearch creation myths...they are fascinating, and it will put Genesis in context...

In your case, though, you should pay attention to how the Genesis account differs from the others.

Does difference impart legitimacy?  If that is the case, the differences of the others to Genesis would impart legitimacy.  How does that work with regard to Genesis?

There are those that would pull together similarities between the Bible and the Koran. There are those that would pull together the similarities between words of either Confucius or Buddha and the words of Jesus.

Would telling these people to pay attention to the differences impart legitimacy to the Islam faith or the Confucius or Buddhist beliefs?

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

NYTimes ran an article on an investigation by a number of physicists as to the universe being a computer simulation...fascinating hypothesis.

The concept has been around for a while.  It does appear like we do live in an Electrical DIGITAL Simulation.  There's a Finite end in Largeness and a Finite Limit in Smallness  (10-33cm).....and it's digitized (quanta) not analog (Time is also Digitized).  That is, if you take something and keep on cutting it in half.... once you cross that threshold the whatever "loses locality"..... That is, it's connected to everything else in the Universe. And it may be from this and other factors that the Universe could be a Hologram.

Surprisingly, the Bible seems to speak to that in a sense in that we are just a shadow of a larger reality.  Then to start to consider the Multi-Dimensionality...4 Knowable (3-Spatial + Time Dimension) and 6 Unknowable then it starts to come together a bit.  Nachmanides in the 13th Century in his Genesis Commentary stated that there were 4 Knowable Dimensions and 6 Unknowable.  Now wait just one minute LOL

Then......"Shadow of a Larger Reality"; Scientific American; p. 57-63, June 2005.

Relax Lurkers....Just thinking out loud and speculating but I find some of it compelling.  Very difficult to put it together with so many unknowns

Were there an Initial 10 Dimensions before the Fall.....again, pure speculation on my part....it's possible.  Then all bets are off Times 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000------> concerning constants (they are already :) ) LOL

It's funny, if I said the chair you're sitting in is empty space and you said I'm crazy, it's not....I would be more correct that it's empty by the ratio of 1 second to 30 million years LOL.

Light LOL....Wave/Particle and in some experiments, can't recall off the top of my head, it appears that @ some points when you split it....each knows what the other one is doing...What In The WORLD!!!!  And then it behaves differently when it's observed....What in The World!!!!!

Yes Yes, off the Deep End  :)

I have a TON of Questions for the LORD  :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Enoch2021 - Yes Yes, off the Deep End  :)

You know Sir...I think we all need to dive off the deep end on occasion, though we should probably frequent the "empty space" we think we're standing upon!

You know Sir...I think we all need to dive off the deep end on occasion, though we should probably frequent the "empty space" we think we're standing upon!

I'd have to agree, in the Grand Scheme of it all.... we don't know squat LOL.  Without a doubt IMHO, I can see The LORD Laughing Out Loud or Smirking HEAVILY ;)  @ some of the absolute silliness that's postulated. 

After I do the DEEP END on a daily basis....I find myself coming back to the WORD, Every Single Time. 

Can you imagine or fathom the Absolute Mind Bogglingly Utterly Un-Chartable Depths of THE ALMIGHTY GOD!!  I must admit....I'm Overwhelmed @ Times and wonder why HE'D even consider...... for a Fraction of Planck Time, a Speck Of a Wretch as me.... let alone Show ME.  I don't have the words.  It has to be a LOVE SO beyond Unimaginable and Incomprehensible.

Maybe it's Time for a little inner assessment and reflection for some perspective, eh?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

I think God recognized one of the deepest yearnings known to humans:  where did we come from?  He satisfied that with Genesis.  It is timeless, written for an ancient people, yet it still speaks to us today.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

I'd have to agree, in the Grand Scheme of it all.... we don't know squat LOL.  Without a doubt IMHO, I can see The LORD Laughing Out Loud or Smirking HEAVILY ;)  @ some of the absolute silliness that's postulated. 

After I do the DEEP END on a daily basis....I find myself coming back to the WORD, Every Single Time. 

Can you imagine or fathom the Absolute Mind Bogglingly Utterly Un-Chartable Depths of THE ALMIGHTY GOD!!  I must admit....I'm Overwhelmed @ Times and wonder why HE'D even consider...... for a Fraction of Planck Time, a Speck Of a Wretch as me.... let alone Show ME.  I don't have the words.  It has to be a LOVE SO beyond Unimaginable and Incomprehensible.

Maybe it's Time for a little inner assessment and reflection for some perspective, eh?

Yes, we can do with a bit of intellectual humility.  We see thru a glass darkly, but then face to face.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Enochbethany -Yes, we can do with a bit of intellectual humility.  We see thru a glass darkly, but then face to face.

I believe it was Pascal who said..."Man is equally incapable of seeing the nothingness from which he emerges and the infinity in which he is engulfed."

Enochbethany -Yes, we can do with a bit of intellectual humility.  We see thru a glass darkly, but then face to face.

I believe it was Pascal who said..."Man is equally incapable of seeing the nothingness from which he emerges and the infinity in which he is engulfed."

Pascal?....Didn't he play 2nd base for the Cubs?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

Pascal?....Didn't he play 2nd base for the Cubs?

Naw, he was a utility fielder.

"He hath made everything beautiful in its time: also he hath set eternity in their heart, yet so that man cannot find out the work that God hath done from the beginning even to the end. " <Ecclesiastes

Interesting how man knows about something that man cannot understand.

Lets sing it for time:

Time here is quickly gone,

& your footsteps you can't retrace.

Your only hope is Jesus,

His pardon, His saving grace;

Just this moment is yours, my friend;

Which way will it be;

There's no hope in eternity

To change your destiny.

Approx words from the Thief in the Night movie series by Mustardseed International.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Creation comes up in Genesis that same way it comes up in all religions/mythologies.  No matter what cultrure man is brought up in, he always wonders where he came from...You all should reasearch creation myths...they are fascinating, and it will put Genesis in context...

One only needs the wisdom to seek, without self influence, the answers to the evident questions that lie before us! Love, Steven

Sorry, that does not make sense.  We seek wisdom based on where we get our knowledge.  Had you been born in India, Hinduism would lie before you.

Note I said without self influence! That means look within non manipulatable truths called 'self evident

truth' that supports itself by the truth that it is... Love, Steven

No self inflluence is not possible.  Do you believe you would be a Christian if you had grown up in China?

From your prospective I am sure you are correct... the me, myself and I is all that exist to your

natural mind. However that changes nothing to what I have said- unless you deny yourself and the

influence of lie you have engulfed your self in you will never see anything else! Your propensity

to evaluate from a perspective of error will only result in error... that is understandable. I have

never gone to an apple tree expecting oranges so if I want oranges I do not go to an apple tree to

get them. This is what is called self evident truth. So why when that outside of ourselves says we

are filled with error and the place we are in is also filled with the same error do we look to our-

selves to find the correct answer?

As to the China thing- I have enough on my plate dealing with the reality of this place than to start

playing games with what if's... Love, Steven