Diatheosis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

The events preceding the first manslaughter in the scripture also portrait apparently the first sacrificial gifts to God, by Cain and Abel.

What in the scripture before this actually tells man to do this? And more specifically, how to do this? The law has not been given, if it has, there is no mention about it.

Sure, the desire to worship and praise our Creator rises from within, but I find it interesting things took the course they did.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

The events preceding the first manslaughter in the scripture also portrait apparently the first sacrificial gifts to God, by Cain and Abel.

What in the scripture before this actually tells man to do this? And more specifically, how to do this? The law has not been given, if it has, there is no mention about it.

Sure, the desire to worship and praise our Creator rises from within, but I find it interesting things took the course they did.

Do you think Adam and Eve offered sacrifices also ? Why or Why not ?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

God offered the first sacrificed 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

you are assuming that God actually killed animals for those clothes for Adam and Eve......    the Bible does not tell us that....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

The way we define sacrifice has something to say about that. God killing animals for man's sake can be considered sacrifice due to animals giving their lives for the cause, considering some animals were actually killed, but the word sacrifice would imply preferably to religious/sacred activity. How to separate spiritual life from life as such, when it comes to secure the continuum of the very life itself, without which no spiritual life can emerge?

But even if the killing happened, does it lay out example for the man to follow and imitate? In some things we really ought to do our best to imitate God, like in loving, but in some things it appears so far to be rather complex, like creating ex nihilo sort of stuff.

Clearly, sacrifice for God can be seen as a central element in our relationship with Him, and of course after the lamb of God was slain, the ultimate price has been paid and no one needs to shed blood of another living creature to make it even. We can only sacrifice our ego for His kingdom to come, for our sacrifice to be useful for Him.

For me the concept just jumps in so suddenly without mention in advance that it just made me wonder. I guess it's just one of the things in the Bible we need to take at face value.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

you are assuming that God actually killed animals for those clothes for Adam and Eve......    the Bible does not tell us that....

Hey Other one.  I mentioned this to you before in another thread?  Well more like Adam sacrificed the first animal and God made the coats of skin.  My question to you is remember when God said in the day that they ate the fruit they would surely die...what was it that postponed the sentence? yes I understand the spiritual implication but when I read that verse it also seems to imply physical death.  The theory of the first sacrifice gives me a better understanding of why in that day they did not surely die.  Just a thought.  take care.

Hey Other one.  I mentioned this to you before in another thread?  Well more like Adam sacrificed the first animal and God made the coats of skin.  My question to you is remember when God said in the day that they ate the fruit they would surely die...what was it that postponed the sentence? yes I understand the spiritual implication but when I read that verse it also seems to imply physical death.  The theory of the first sacrifice gives me a better understanding of why in that day they did not surely die.  Just a thought.  take care.

Might I just say it this way......       In the day that you eat of it.....   your  death will be assured....      it's really not saying that you will die today, but the moment that you eat of it your death is assured.  (whenever that might be).

We carry that same physical curse unless he returns before we die.   Considering all, and what it appears we are going to end up being....   and how Lucifer acted...   it's not difficult for me to understand why he's testing each of us for a possible future with him doing things and being responsible for things that we can't even fathom with these simple bodies and minds that we have.      When one looks at theoretical physics and sees all the possibilities when we attain access to these upper dimensions it becomes very easy to understand being totally overwhelmed with it all.

The whole history of science to me pretty much works out that for the things that we discover, it usually opens a half dozen questions that we didn't even know existed.    sort of goes along with Don Rumsfeld's "there are things that we don't know and there are things that we don't even know we don't know..."

Oh and it's also possible that considering God made all the animals, he could have just whipped up some skins without hurting some poor animal...    just another of those things we don't know...       difference in my life now than when I was 25 is that it's now OK to understand that I don't know.....       I have a whole head of stuff I studied for years that I would be much better off not knowing......   well more at ease anyway.

Might I just say it this way......       In the day that you eat of it.....   your  death will be assured....      it's really not saying that you will die today, but the moment that you eat of it your death is assured.  (whenever that might be).

We carry that same physical curse unless he returns before we die.   Considering all, and what it appears we are going to end up being....   and how Lucifer acted...   it's not difficult for me to understand why he's testing each of us for a possible future with him doing things and being responsible for things that we can't even fathom with these simple bodies and minds that we have.      When one looks at theoretical physics and sees all the possibilities when we attain access to these upper dimensions it becomes very easy to understand being totally overwhelmed with it all.

The whole history of science to me pretty much works out that for the things that we discover, it usually opens a half dozen questions that we didn't even know existed.    sort of goes along with Don Rumsfeld's "there are things that we don't know and there are things that we don't even know we don't know..."

Oh and it's also possible that considering God made all the animals, he could have just whipped up some skins without hurting some poor animal...    just another of those things we don't know...       difference in my life now than when I was 25 is that it's now OK to understand that I don't know.....       I have a whole head of stuff I studied for years that I would be much better off not knowing......   well more at ease anyway.

Hey Other one,

Did you watch the debate last night with Ken Ham and Bill Nye?  Ham and his creationist team seem to have come up with the same theory regarding the first sacrifice.  Just made me think of you last night, but I know it's just another man's interpretation of that scripture.  It was a interesting debate in case you missed it.

Hey Other one,

Did you watch the debate last night with Ken Ham and Bill Nye?  Ham and his creationist team seem to have come up with the same theory regarding the first sacrifice.  Just made me think of you last night, but I know it's just another man's interpretation of that scripture.  It was a interesting debate in case you missed it.

i spent the first 18 or so years of my life in the Church of Christ....    an incident at our school introduced me to the teaching that if you were not baptized by a member of one of the Churches of Christ you had no hope of going to heaven.....  

That kind of rocked my spiritual world and like any self respecting teenager, dumped on God rather than question my church...   Long story short I'd give most anything to get the following 14 months back.

Basically I had to dump everything I had learned in Sunday School for those 18 years and start over so I could be sure what I understood as truth or doctrine was actually true.   So I learned the hard way not to trust other peoples reading skills.

That's why I'm so leery of assuming things like the animals for the skins were a sacrifice....     if God wanted us to understand it as a sacrifice, in my world he would have mentioned it...   

I didn't watch the debate for I've noticed it seems to bring out attitudes that I simply don't like being around....   I have my own ideas of the beginnings, and they include a whole vast set of things that are much too complicated to bring up and try and discuss on here........   especially this subject and here.

Hey Other one,

i spent the first 18 or so years of my life in the Church of Christ....    an incident at our school introduced me to the teaching that if you were not baptized by a member of one of the Churches of Christ you had no hope of going to heaven.....  

That kind of rocked my spiritual world and like any self respecting teenager, dumped on God rather than question my church...   Long story short I'd give most anything to get the following 14 months back.

Basically I had to dump everything I had learned in Sunday School for those 18 years and start over so I could be sure what I understood as truth or doctrine was actually true.   So I learned the hard way not to trust other peoples reading skills.

That's why I'm so leery of assuming things like the animals for the skins were a sacrifice....     if God wanted us to understand it as a sacrifice, in my world he would have mentioned it...   

I didn't watch the debate for I've noticed it seems to bring out attitudes that I simply don't like being around....   I have my own ideas of the beginnings, and they include a whole vast set of things that are much too complicated to bring up and try and discuss on here........   especially this subject and here.

I hear you and can understand why you'd be weary to just take what I'm saying for fact.  But when you look  in chapter 3 of Genesis what other reasonable excuse could there be for  the skins?  The only reason I think it was Adam and not God who sacrificed the animal is because when you read the book of Leviticus it is the sinner that always kills the innocent animal.  Sure God made the garments which represented his righteousness verses the garments that they made of fig leaves(their own righteousness) but the sacrifice still was the job of the sinner.  Since the blood represents the life of the person (Lev. 17:11) they would have to place their life back into the hands of the life giver, let him clean them up and then place his righteous life in them.  I'm not one to use commentators to prove a point but a lof of them do agree with Gen. 3:21 being the first sacrifice.