Diatheosis

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

First of all, you don't know that God or anyone killed an animal to get the skins.....    The entity that said let there be light certainly could whip up a couple of skins without harming his creation.

That being a shadow is way more of a stretch than I am willing to make.....   especially since we don't really know if something died..

Makes a cute story though......   but it's that kind of thinking that my childhood pastor says that most all of you are going to hell.

We speculate based on the evidence available for other things in the bible and accept it as truth so why can't it be done here?  For example, from history we know that the crucifixion was a slow death. It usually lasted

several days. Death followed from exhaustion,inability to respire property as a result of being in an upright position or attacks by wild animals. Why did Jesus, who was a fit and healthy man used to walking the countryside for long distances, die so

quickly in only a matter of a few hours?  Many of us say it was from a broken heart and that would be speculation right?  But the information available leads us to that conclusion does it not?

because before they crucified him, they beat him  half to death ......   or more.  He was in such bad shape that he had to have help to carry his cross....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

First of all, you don't know that God or anyone killed an animal to get the skins.....    The entity that said let there be light certainly could whip up a couple of skins without harming his creation.

That being a shadow is way more of a stretch than I am willing to make.....   especially since we don't really know if something died..

Makes a cute story though......   but it's that kind of thinking that my childhood pastor says that most all of you are going to hell.

We speculate based on the evidence available for other things in the bible and accept it as truth so why can't it be done here?  For example, from history we know that the crucifixion was a slow death. It usually lasted

several days. Death followed from exhaustion,inability to respire property as a result of being in an upright position or attacks by wild animals. Why did Jesus, who was a fit and healthy man used to walking the countryside for long distances, die so

quickly in only a matter of a few hours?  Many of us say it was from a broken heart and that would be speculation right?  But the information available leads us to that conclusion does it not?

because before they crucified him, they beat him  half to death ......   or more.  He was in such bad shape that he had to have help to carry his cross....

but it doesn't say in the bible because he was beaten half to death before the crucifixion Christ was too weak to suffer normal Roman crucifixion. :brightidea:

but it doesn't say in the bible because he was beaten half to death before the crucifixion Christ was too weak to suffer normal Roman crucifixion. :brightidea:

I saw it in the movie......   (snicker)

but I do get your point.

Guest shiloh357

The events preceding the first manslaughter in the scripture also portrait apparently the first sacrificial gifts to God, by Cain and Abel.

What in the scripture before this actually tells man to do this? And more specifically, how to do this? The law has not been given, if it has, there is no mention about it.

Sure, the desire to worship and praise our Creator rises from within, but I find it interesting things took the course they did.

There is missing information, that is for sure.  The Bible doesn't really tell us, but it is evident that there was a law code of some kind that was known.  We don't know exactly what form it took, but it was known what an acceptable sacrifice was.

The events preceding the first manslaughter in the scripture also portrait apparently the first sacrificial gifts to God, by Cain and Abel.

What in the scripture before this actually tells man to do this? And more specifically, how to do this? The law has not been given, if it has, there is no mention about it.

Sure, the desire to worship and praise our Creator rises from within, but I find it interesting things took the course they did.

There is missing information, that is for sure.  The Bible doesn't really tell us, but it is evident that there was a law code of some kind that was known.  We don't know exactly what form it took, but it was known what an acceptable sacrifice was.

Able picked up on it sometime later and I don't remember where that knowledge came from.....   I've always supposed it wasn't important.

There I go speculating again......   don't say it Remantrob......   don't say it.....

I'm gonna put some strawberry on my foot......   you know the one I just pulled out of my mouth.

Able picked up on it sometime later and I don't remember where that knowledge came from.....   I've always supposed it wasn't important.

There I go speculating again......   don't say it Remantrob......   don't say it.....

I'm gonna put some strawberry on my foot......   you know the one I just pulled out of my mouth.

:clap: you got it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Now back to the First Sacrifice.  It was the killing of an animal to provide its hide to cover the nakedness of Adam and Eve.  For that is the first thing they noticed, being unclothed.  God had to Sacrifice one of His created to make a covering for this sin.  The shedding of Blood.

In Christ

Montana Marv

since the first thing they noticed was that they were naked/unclothed, what were they wearing before?  (other one beware...more speculation from yours truly...lol)  Why weren't the fig leaves good enough to cover their nakedness/shame?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Remnantrob

In an earlier post you asked why Jesus died so quickly and the answer is given in the Scripture(John 19:30-32)where Jesus says"It is finished" and He gave up His Spirit

Jesus had accomplished what He came to do,He laid down His life for us....just as He said that no one could take it from Him,He gave it & He died at Will,He decided when to return to the Father & purposely & consciously gave up His own Spirit.......What human being could do that at will? My God,Glory to God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik