• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I read an interesting quote:

"Jesus didn't warn us of prophets. He warned of false prophets. He didn't warn of signs and wonders. He warned of false signs and wonders. Knowing the real helps us to recognize the false. . . ."

What do you think?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

By their fruit you will know them

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

"Jesus didn't warn us of prophets. He warned of false prophets. He didn't warn of signs and wonders. He warned of false signs and wonders. Knowing the real helps us to recognize the false. . . ."

What do you think?

I think this is true.  The problem rises when people do not rely on His Spirit when discerning between the true and the false.  As with your other question, I believe the number of false prophets will raise as His day draws near.

I just wrote on this subject.  I was not sure what the proper forum was, so it is in general discussion, but may be moved.  

The answer is just this;

John 10:27-28

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

What do you think?

Absolutely, knowing the real helps us to recognize the false.

Jesus Christ wanted us to know His Word well enough to stay clear of the false.

Over the years I have seen many false signs and wonders coming from those who purport His name as well as from the "world."

Mat 24:24-27

(24)  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

(25)  Behold, I have told you before.

(26)  Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

(27)  For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

I know of two modern day Acts 8 Sorcerer"Simon's" personally and have warned a multitude in our area about them. One of them looks to jump into any church that will have him. Just as in the past, they use sorcery today and bewitch people, claiming it comes from God, when in fact it is Satan.

Just like in the past, one of their main characteristics is that they promote themselves as some "great one." The false humility they initially stand in quickly evaporates...

Act 8:9-10

(9)  But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

(10)  To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

Folks that get around these two local "Simons" know something spiritual "touched" them. Young believers are often prompted by the Holy Spirit that this is not of God, but because of the spiritual "experience" and not knowing much of the Bible, they often ignore the Holy Spirits promptings, and deem these false signs to be from God.

One such individual described it to me as "at first it felt so terrible" (the Holy Spirit's promoting) "and then it felt so good..." (They gave in, ignored the Holy Spirit, and God's Word...)

Pushing aside the falseness of the above, at the same time I have witnessed a few "real" signs over the years.

No man or woman was lifted up in pride, as God Himself was glorified with His Word rightly divided.

1Co 12:4-13

(4)  Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

(5)  And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

(6)  And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

(7)  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

(8)  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

(9)  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

(10)  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

(11)  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

(12)  For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

(13)  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Too many folks are not discerning and take all signs and wonders at face value. There are fakes out there.

OK, I'm going to shake things up a bit and post the entire quote (notice the ". . ." at the end?).

Jesus didn't warn us of prophets. He warned of false prophets. He didn't warn of signs and wonders. He warned of false signs and wonders. Knowing the real helps us to recognize the false. For this reason those with little to no fire think all fire is strange fire.

What do you think of this?

I think that folks need to use discernment to know real from false and not to accept everything at face value. The magicians of egypt were able to duplicate the miracles of moses for the first couple of them. One should remember that the bereans were praised for comparing what paul said to scripture to see if it was true. Folks really do need to use some skepticism when it comes to preachers, prophets and those who do various signs and wonders. Otherwise how could they separate real from false?

Sure, but by what standard does one discern the true from the false?

Scripture. Nothing will contradict the bible. The Holy Spirit will guide us if we are listening.