Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OakWood

Driving on the wrong side of the road.

34 posts in this topic

Come on you Americans, you know that you do it. What's with all that?

we americans do not drive on wrong side ...you europeans do...lol...

we americans do not drive on wrong side ...you europeans do...lol...

Perhaps in the interest of international diplomacy we should all drive in the middle :hmmm:

By the way, just to correct you. In Europe ONLY Britain and Ireland drive on the left (we're both islands, so there are no problems with border crossings). The rest of Europe such as France, Germany etc. drive on the right, the same as the U.S.A.

Lol. The thought of me getting behind the wheel in Britain makes me shudder. I'm a fine driver, honestly, but my directional skills are terrible. It's so embarrassing how easily I can get turned around. So imagining myself driving in Britain, and on the left side of the road, too! Yikes.  :help: 

I'm a fine driver

:runforhills:

We live on the other side of the world, so we drive on the other side.......   it's not the wrong side...

We live on the other side of the world, so we drive on the other side.......   it's not the wrong side...

No. it's not the wrong side, but a discussion is always sparked better when you (humorously) accuse somebody of being wrong.

I once read the history of why different nations drove on different sides of the road, and some of the stories were quite informative. I believe that driving on the right side originally had something to do with Napoleon and the driving on the Left was something to do with swords and shields and protecting yourself from highway robbery. But it's a long time since I read all this, so I have forgotten most of the details.

Imagine if all the U.S. states had different rules. Crossing state borders would be a nightmare,especially if you were traveling at high speed.

Lol. The thought of me getting behind the wheel in Britain makes me shudder. I'm a fine driver, honestly, but my directional skills are terrible. It's so embarrassing how easily I can get turned around. So imagining myself driving in Britain, and on the left side of the road, too! Yikes.  :help: 

Roundabouts are particularly confusing.

I lived in oregon and they rarely had an intersection.  Most of their 'intersections' were roundabouts. I hated it. 

I lived in oregon and they rarely had an intersection.  Most of their 'intersections' were roundabouts. I hated it. 

I've heard stories about roundabouts in the U.S. I was once old that you didn't have them at all, but that's not true. You have many.

Am I right, however, in saying that some states don't have them?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0