• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_and_Buddhism_(documentary)

David Ben-Gurion who is the founding father of modern Israel,

Was a Buddhist???

If GOD is all in control

Why he choose a Buddhist to be the founding father of modern Israel?

And more important ,fulfilling one of the most important Biblical prophecies: the re- establishment of Israel.

I'm not getting it SilvaWang.

God can direct anything, anyone for His purpose.

I mean, Rahab was a prostitute and was in Jesus family tree!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I'm not getting it SilvaWang.

God can direct anything, anyone for His purpose.

I mean, Rahab was a prostitute and was in Jesus family tree!!

Tell me who Jesus Christ is to you.Who do you think goes to heaven?

Btw - I've only responded to the op, I didn't read the link, maybe that's why you questioned me Bo Peep?

Otherwise, I don't know why...

But I'll tell you what God has revealed to me about Himself, through Jesus (Himself in flesh)...

God is merciful, forgiving, humble, gentle, compassionate.

The Samaritan woman, the adulterous woman and myself can attest to that :)

He loves the unlovely, rejected. He offers hope and freedom - He offers new beginnings - He gives you a new heart if you are willing, a new heart that will want to walk His ways and follow His commandments.

Jesus said ( paraphrase) - if you love Him, you will follow His commandments.

Can a prostitute or a Buddhist get to know Jesus?

Of course - but that will involve following Him and "throwing off" the old man.

Guest shiloh357

Look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_and_Buddhism_(documentary)

David Ben-Gurion who is the founding father of modern Israel,

Was a Buddhist???

If GOD is all in control

Why he choose a Buddhist to be the founding father of modern Israel?

And more important ,fulfilling one of the most important Biblical prophecies: the re- establishment of Israel.

None of modern Israel's founders were Bible believing Jews.  I don't know if it is true that Ben Gurion was really a Buddhist.  My information about him suggested that he was not religious at all. 

But to answer your question, God used nonbelievers, some of who were atheists, to found Israel.   Had they been religious, Torah observant Jews, those who don't believe modern Israel to be a fulfillment of prophecy would argue that those religious Jews simply read the Bible and took it upon themselves to fulfill prophecy on their own. 

It is important to remember that many of the founders of Israel were former victims of the holocaust and the holocaust caused many religious Jews to become atheists.  It destroyed their faith in God.  As it stands, the atheists who founded Israel had no interest in making Bible prophecy come true.  They were used by God without even realizing it.  Israel's founding can only be explained as a work of God.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

several days ago i talked with a Israeli,he said in Israel,more and more people do not believe in Jehovah GOD,and now i know 

David Ben-Gurion was a Buddhist,then i remember that the most significant atheist on this planet:Karl Marx,and he was a Jew

what's GOD's opinion about all of these

Guest shiloh357

several days ago i talked with a Israeli,he said in Israel,more and more people do not believe in Jehovah GOD,and now i know 

David Ben-Gurion was a Buddhist,then i remember that the most significant atheist on this planet:Karl Marx,and he was a Jew

There are all kinds of "relgious" Jews in Israel.  Orthodox, nonOrthodox religious Jews, and there are nonreligious Jews.  There are Messianic Jews, and there are Jews who are traditional Christians.  But about half of Israel's Jewish population is not affiliated with any religion at all.  The largest Ba'hai temple in the world is in Haifa, Israel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

They are among the branches that were cut off. (Romans 11).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

If you look through history in the Old Testament, God used many non Jews in trying to get the Jewish people to follow him.  Look at the Asserian King that basically sent the Jews back to Jerusalem and funded the restarting of the Jewish nation.

All through history God has used people like Ruth who was not Jewish to accomplish things....   

It's just my opinion, but it seems to me that when he wants us to know that it is he that is doing something he picks unlikely people to do the task.  Not just David, but others who worked to get the Jewish people back into Israel were not what I would call outstanding Jewish folks.

But whether it was Gods Idea or whether he just looked into the future to tell us what was to be I can't tell you, but it certainly lets me know that God is there and he speaks to us through the writings in the Bible and as someone who has Allstate Insurance.......    we are in good hands.