almightyist

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I'm curious if I'm the only one that cringes when I hear the words moment of silence?  It should be a moment to shout out Praises to Jesus Christ, Lord God Almighty Author of Life.  I watched the National Championship and the Super Bowl....and it really sickens me...but I didn't hear Jesus Christ mentioned once. 

I think I heard God a couple times in a song or  maybe one or two players.  But my God has a name...a name above all names...Jesus Christ...   I been to a lot of states across the US and seen a lot of churches in most towns and it is sad that in the biggest events of the United States his name can't even be mentioned.

Football isn't a sin, having fun isn't a sin.....but failing to give glory to the Author of Life is a sin....and everybody involved with these activities should be ashamed of themselves....and you know what they can do with their moments of silence...

According to the Bible there is only one thing you can brag on.......Jesus Christ....so please start bragging on him wherever you go.

I'm not a big constitutional person... I'm not impressed by our forefathers...they failed us when they put In God we trust...It should have said In JESUS we trust...then there wouldn't be any confusion of who God is...And I wouldn't separate Jesus from anything ...Government...schools...super bowls...national titles...he would be front and center and honored and glorified....

Guest shiloh357

I'm curious if I'm the only one that cringes when I hear the words moment of silence?  It should be a moment to shout out Praises to Jesus Christ, Lord God Almighty Author of Life.  I watched the National Championship and the Super Bowl....and it really sickens me...but I didn't hear Jesus Christ mentioned once. 

I think I heard God a couple times in a song or  maybe one or two players.  But my God has a name...a name above all names...Jesus Christ...   I been to a lot of states across the US and seen a lot of churches in most towns and it is sad that in the biggest events of the United States his name can't even be mentioned.

Football isn't a sin, having fun isn't a sin.....but failing to give glory to the Author of Life is a sin....and everybody involved with these activities should be ashamed of themselves....and you know what they can do with their moments of silence...

According to the Bible there is only one thing you can brag on.......Jesus Christ....so please start bragging on him wherever you go.

I'm not a big constitutional person... I'm not impressed by our forefathers...they failed us when they put In God we trust...It should have said In JESUS we trust...then there wouldn't be any confusion of who God is...And I wouldn't separate Jesus from anything ...Government...schools...super bowls...national titles...he would be front and center and honored and glorified....

Jesus is God so I don't really see the problem. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I do understand where you are coming from, but if you are going to live in a constitutional republic and enjoy it's freedoms, you are going to have to give the others the same thing.

Would you accept the head of the Church of Satan praying to start the ballgame...    or a halftime show of witches dancing and openly praying to Pan.

I don't think I would attend anything that I knew either of those were to be involved......   so how can I push my own things on them....    you simply can not do that in a place that has the freedom to let you worship what you want. 

So when I ask that people aren't allowed to lead others to pray to the devil or demons and I'm told, OK but you can't pray to God either.....    I think it OK for the protection of my kids and grand kids not to be exposed to the dark side in those situations.   If I say it's ok for them to pray to the devil.....   I'm giving the devil an excepted place in life and I can't really agree to do that.    Especially since they give me the moment of silence to talk to God and the important thing is that I talk to God and not that my neighbor hears me talking to God.

So it all works out in the end.....      Well maybe not the near naked witches dancing to Pan at some halftime shows......   they surely aren't dancing to my God.....   then there was the Olympics in England...

But that isn't here and it isn't football...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus is God so I don't really see the problem. 

I agree that Jesus is God, but.....

There is One God who is eternally triune in nature. The Father is God, as is Jesus and the Holy Spirit. The Three being One God. The term 'God' is inclusive of the triune nature. Jesus alone implies modalism.  

I also echo otherone. The U.S. was formed with the premise of freedom of religion. At that time, most other countries were church/states, so those who did not agree with the governmental authorized religious beliefs were often persecuted. That included the Pilgrims and Puritans who came to the U.S. to escape religious persecution. And the Jewish people. In any given country, the number of born again Christians has been in the minority, so a state religion will not meet the beliefs of evangelical Christianity. With the power to dictate religious beliefs, born again Christians would be legislated out by the majority.   

Our country was not originally free to practice religion....    the Historians that I talked to at Williamsburg Virginia tell us that before the country was formed, people in Virginia attended the Church there every Sunday  and I do mean everyone.......  if you didn't they took you to court and did terrible things to you......    and if you were caught teaching the doctrine of the Catholic Church you were taken to court warned once and on the second occasion promptly hanged.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Our country was not originally free to practice religion....    the Historians that I talked to at Williamsburg Virginia tell us that before the country was formed, people in Virginia attended the Church there every Sunday  and I do mean everyone.......  if you didn't they took you to court and did terrible things to you......    and if you were caught teaching the doctrine of the Catholic Church you were taken to court warned once and on the second occasion promptly hanged.

I'll somewhat disagree. While the Puritans and Pilgrims left to be free to worship the way they wanted, within their area in the U.S., they were very strict as to how everyone had to practice. But, this was not a country wide policy. Some states established a religion and others did not but allowed a more free expression of religion. So, the establishment clause forbids federal government from establishing a religion, but did not place the same restriction at the state or city level.  So, in early U.S., various colonies practiced by law, certain religious beliefs, with a variety of Protestant colonies, and Catholic colonies.

In 1790, George Washington wrote the following to the first Jewish synagogue in the U.S.located in Rhode Island:

'"Allowing rights and immunities of citizenship. It is now no more that toleration is spoken of, as if it were by the indulgence of one class of people, that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights. For happily the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens, in giving it on all occasions their effectual support'

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I heard the quarterback of the Seahawks first give credit to God on several occasions and in several interviews. Perhaps it was edited out of what you saw. He said it when handed the trophy as well as in several personal interviews after the game, but he was the only person I heard do so.. I was watching on the Fox channel.

Blessings, Willa

I'll somewhat disagree. While the Puritans and Pilgrims left to be free to worship the way they wanted, within their area in the U.S., they were very strict as to how everyone had to practice. But, this was not a country wide policy. Some states established a religion and others did not but allowed a more free expression of religion. So, the establishment clause forbids federal government from establishing a religion, but did not place the same restriction at the state or city level.  So, in early U.S., various colonies practiced by law, certain religious beliefs, with a variety of Protestant colonies, and Catholic colonies.

In 1790, George Washington wrote the following to the first Jewish synagogue in the U.S.located in Rhode Island:

'"Allowing rights and immunities of citizenship. It is now no more that toleration is spoken of, as if it were by the indulgence of one class of people, that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights. For happily the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens, in giving it on all occasions their effectual support'

I think if you study the pre revolution time period of Virginia history you will find that I am correct....  

I also agree that when the country was formed those who did set things up so we could not force religion on anyone...  Which is what the moment of silence is for......    a time to stop and reflect and speak to whomever you have decided to worship and ask help from or just say thanks.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,Jesus is God.

In All That We Find To Do

And In All The Thoughts We May Think

May We Determine To Praise The Name Of Jesus~!

And To Bless, Bless All Our Neighbors

Heathen Or No

:)