Sign in to follow this  
Remnantrob

Poetic books of the OT

Remnantrob    426

Hi friends,

A while back I was discussing doctrine and was asked to provide a text to prove a claim I made.  When the scripture was provided the response was, oh that's just a poetic book.  My question is are these books just for inspirational purposes?  From what I read in 2 Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.  Am I reading too much into this?

Butch5    400

Hi friends,

A while back I was discussing doctrine and was asked to provide a text to prove a claim I made.  When the scripture was provided the response was, oh that's just a poetic book.  My question is are these books just for inspirational purposes?  From what I read in 2 Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.  Am I reading too much into this?

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Guest DRS81   
Guest DRS81

A while back I was discussing doctrine and was asked to provide a text to prove a claim I made.

What was the claim you made. God-breathed means God-breathed.

Openly Curious    1,579

Hi friends,

A while back I was discussing doctrine and was asked to provide a text to prove a claim I made.  When the scripture was provided the response was, oh that's just a poetic book.  My question is are these books just for inspirational purposes?   From what I read in 2 Tim. 3:16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.  Am I reading too much into this?

Seems to me you answered your own question from what you read.  Yes, I think your reading too much into it as "it seems" you already have your mind made up before the discussion even starts. 

Remnantrob    426

A while back I was discussing doctrine and was asked to provide a text to prove a claim I made.

What was the claim you made. God-breathed means God-breathed.

Well most of you know that I am an sda so the claims are usually with doctrine like the importance of the law God, state of the dead, sabbath, etc. 

Sign in to follow this