• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Hi friends,

A while back I was discussing doctrine and was asked to provide a text to prove a claim I made.  When the scripture was provided the response was, oh that's just a poetic book.  My question is are these books just for inspirational purposes?  From what I read in 2 Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.  Am I reading too much into this?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

Hi friends,

A while back I was discussing doctrine and was asked to provide a text to prove a claim I made.  When the scripture was provided the response was, oh that's just a poetic book.  My question is are these books just for inspirational purposes?  From what I read in 2 Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.  Am I reading too much into this?

Funny how that works, isn't it?

A while back I was discussing doctrine and was asked to provide a text to prove a claim I made.

What was the claim you made. God-breathed means God-breathed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Hi friends,

A while back I was discussing doctrine and was asked to provide a text to prove a claim I made.  When the scripture was provided the response was, oh that's just a poetic book.  My question is are these books just for inspirational purposes?   From what I read in 2 Tim. 3:16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.  Am I reading too much into this?

Seems to me you answered your own question from what you read.  Yes, I think your reading too much into it as "it seems" you already have your mind made up before the discussion even starts. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

A while back I was discussing doctrine and was asked to provide a text to prove a claim I made.

What was the claim you made. God-breathed means God-breathed.

Well most of you know that I am an sda so the claims are usually with doctrine like the importance of the law God, state of the dead, sabbath, etc.