• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Sorry Brothers and Sisters I didn't intend it to be that difficult.  I was actually tested on it a Long Long time ago, it was a nightmare...but I liked it!!

The whole point I was trying to make was that Behe showed quite succinctly an Irreducibly Complex System.....they're EVERYWHERE!!  But, The point was people (evolutionists) wanted to Dismiss and Vehemently Discredit Behe (And Still Do) because.....I'll show you why in a minute.

So the BIG GUY came out Dr. Doolittle and made an error in his assessment and like a Termites they jumped on the Bandwagon.  What they didn't do was CHECK Dr. Doolittle's Work to ensure it was accurate.  Like....well, this lines up with my world view and we gotta discredit Behe so lets all together now.....laugh it off like it was nothing.  You still hear people after all these years say...."Oh Yea, Behe....that Nut!!"          Why??...........................

Charles Darwin "Origin of Species":  "If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive slight modifications my theory would absolutely break down."

Let me Introduce you to IRREDUCIBLY COMPLEX MR. DARWIN.........BUB BYE NOW!!!!!

Even though darwinian evolution was Dead on Arrival in 1972 with "Punctuated Equilibrium", then "Convergent Evolution"....  Irreducible Complexity went right for the Jugular.   He also demonstrated it quite well with the Bacterial Flagellum.... (and Yes, I know about the Type III Secretory System....so make my day!!)

I like to think of it as the RATE LIMITING STEP....

Lets use a common example....a football game. I'm sure there are other obvious rate limiters (field, players ect) but the one that stands out is what? THE FOOTBALL!!

If we cut the Football in half do we just play half a game?? Or no game? We cut 1/4 off...do we just play the first Three Quarters then go home?

Lets build a house: What's the Rate Limiting Step (besides the materials and the construction workers) maybe the foundation?? If we just build half the foundation do we get half a house? No House? Or does the complete foundation have to be in place to then start working on the walls? Or do we just say, "to heck the walls, once the foundation is set.... lets put the roof on!!"

Hope it helps

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

I have heard some other cases of this irreducible complexity, but they are not always so upon examination, such as the eye.  I was reading that one of the clotting factors Behe listed (Factor XII) was found to be absent in whales.  Obviously not an essential component.

I have heard some other cases of this irreducible complexity, but they are not always so upon examination, such as the eye.  I was reading that one of the clotting factors Behe listed (Factor XII) was found to be absent in whales.  Obviously not an essential component.

I hear alot of things also.

Just a suggestion to eliminate the one-liners.  Pretend each and every time you post or offer a rebuttal that you're presenting your case to a Judge and Jury.  You actually are in a sense....The Court of Worthy.

Present your Case..... or is that it?  This sounds like an opening statement.

I feel that I am not adequately informed as to the intricate details of the concept, but I have a cursory knowledge and have read several criticisms and the outcome of the court case.  Perhaps you can educate me a bit by giving me an iron clad case of irreducible complexity that I can sink my teeth into. 

;)  Think I'm going to change my pic.  I look too vulnerable.

I was still hoping to get my example to wrap my mind around. . .  I'm not much for quoting experts; it is a bit unwieldy to try and get the gist of the idea with enough context to make a concise response.  That being said, I am not opposed to the practice in general, but I'd rather read the other person's personal ideas more.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

All right, enough bickering. Sheesh!

I did a simple search on the matter.

Yes, the clotting factor is missing in whales.

And here is the rebuttal to the rebuttal:

http://www.discovery.org/a/8561

I feel that I am not adequately informed as to the intricate details of the concept, but I have a cursory knowledge and have read several criticisms and the outcome of the court case.  Perhaps you can educate me a bit by giving me an iron clad case of irreducible complexity that I can sink my teeth into. 

You mean the court cases where the ACLU provided the Judges decisions?

I've given you all you need.  Besides, I've shown you the difference between "order" (Sand Dune) and "Specific Complexity" (Sand Castle) Examples on a different board that had you questioning what the differences were... and now you wish me to provide more Irreducibly Complex Examples??  :huh:

All right, enough bickering. Sheesh!

I did a simple search on the matter.

Yes, the clotting factor is missing in whales.

And here is the rebuttal to the rebuttal:

http://www.discovery.org/a/8561

Yes it is Neb...to funny.

I guess you new I had that :)....but wasn't it puffer fish and cetaceans?  Note the Fork in the center of the 2 pathways