Sign in to follow this  
joelcharig

Is Homosexuality a Sin?

I've been in multiple debates recently about God and homosexuality, I want to get more people thinking about it and want to know about other people's thoughts.

Is the psychology of it (having the attraction towards the same sex) a sin in itself? Is just the acting upon the attraction the sin? Or is none of it a sin at all?

Another point, is that some non-Christians accuse Christians of not liking homosexuals and thinking of them as bad people. This really annoys me, how people can so easily generalise us. I myself do not understand or agree with homosexuality...but that doesn't mean I think homosexuals are bad people! We are ALL bad in the eyes of God.

What say you on these matters? =)

Of Course Homosexuality Is a Sin, That's one of the major reasons why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed...

Excuse my ignorance, but who are Sodom and Gomorrah?

They were Sister Cities That were Destroyed because of there Immorality, In the Old Testament of The Bible...

Okay I read about it, and can use this in further debates about homosexuality with non-Christians - cheers man =)

I've been in multiple debates recently about God and homosexuality, I want to get more people thinking about it and want to know about other people's thoughts.

Is the psychology of it (having the attraction towards the same sex) a sin in itself? Is just the acting upon the attraction the sin? Or is none of it a sin at all?

Another point, is that some non-Christians accuse Christians of not liking homosexuals and thinking of them as bad people. This really annoys me, how people can so easily generalise us. I myself do not understand or agree with homosexuality...but that doesn't mean I think homosexuals are bad people! We are ALL bad in the eyes of God.

What say you on these matters? =)

Homosexuality is a spiritual stronghold.  It is a sin, to be sure, but it is a stronghold.  It is more than addiction or an attraction.  It is a spiritual problem, that essentially has a hold on someone that nothing but the power of the Holy Spirit can dissolve.

Too often, our opposition to homosexuality is seen as hatred of homosexuals, and nothing could be further from the truth.  They need the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He is their only hope.  We must love them enough to tell them the truth about their sin and point them to Christ who is the only remedy for their spiritual sickness.

Sin

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

Kills

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Jesus

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

Saves

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

Period

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Of Course Homosexuality Is a Sin, That's one of the major reasons why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed...

~

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. Ezekiel 16:49

Yes,homosexuality is a sin.

Excuse my ignorance, but who are Sodom and Gomorrah?

Have you ever read the Bible?

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Behold
      NOTHING !!!!!
      NOTHING !!
      NOTHING !!!

Now give Jesus the Credit for that, as He SHED HIS BLOOD so that you, the SAVED = His eternally  Born Again,  DONT have to do anything else to STAY SAVED.
      Philippians 1:6

And this one...  Hebrews 9:12
      Jesus, "entered into the holiest of Holies, ONCE...= HAVING OBTAINED ETERNAL REDEMPTION = FOR US"
      And notice that our Redemption (Salvation) is ETERNAL.
      Its not temporary..
      = Eternal Security.
      = Eternally Saved.
      = Eternal Life.
      = Thank you JESUS, who IS Eternal Life. !!

You can praise God for that , everyday, for the rest of your life, as this is a really good way to praise Him, and He is so worthy to be praised.

<B><
    • By ManAfterHisHeart
      Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum! I’m so thankful for God’s work in my life and where’s He’s currently brought me. I got caught up in addiction for a couple years but He’s delivered me and set me free, Amen! I’m currently serving in a ministry and will be going out on missions this summer to Morocco, Turkey, Isreal, and Kyrgyzstan! 
      God is Faithful! 
      Be Blessed,
      ~ManAfterHisHeart~
    • By Yowm
      And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
      (Gen 3:8-10)
      Sin has many detrimental effects, but here I will touch just on one of many, and probably one of the worst...HIDING FROM GOD.
      They hid themselves from God's presence among the trees of the Garden. How interesting, the very thing they used to hide from God's presence, years later, God uses to open up the way back into His presence.
      His voice, crying out “Adam, where are you?” was the very thing they hid from. Why? Sin had turned sweet fellowship with a loving God to a dreaded confrontation with an offended Being. Sin had twisted their perception of the character of God as one to dread and hide from rather than one who was willing to atone, reconcile and forgive.
      God, in Jesus, has opened up that way on the Tree, and calls to all mankind “Adam, where are you?”
      He has made the Sacrifice Himself and bids us to that sweet communion with Him, yet sin often breaks that fellowship and we once again grab our fig leaves hiding amongst the trees the world offers rather than God's Tree. He continually bids us to come into fellowship robed in the Righteousness of Jesus Christ and not our own.
    • By Jonathan BeWell

I read the entire "Christian's going to hell" thread and was about to jump in with my own reply.  I did not realize the limitations of this forum section.  I suppose that is fine.  I got a lot out of what was discussed but still struggle with some of it.  I get all the points of views, proof, beliefs and such.  I am not trying to call out or trap anyone.  I am a baby Christian and have honest questions for clarification.  I pray we can all come to an agreement on God's word and truth.
      I was hoping we could base the discussion on Matthew 25 ( https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+25&version=NIV ) and how it related to the thread I could not jump in on.  My question is this.  Does Matthew 25 add or take away from any and all posts made there by *everyone*? 
      I have more specific questions too.  The ten virgins for starters, do they not represent Christians covered in the blood of Jesus?  I am not clear on the oil in their lamps as well.  I suppose it could relate to my above general question.
      I am wrestling with all this.  I believe I am a born again Christian.  I have faith in my salvation.  I am concerned about others I care for and love.  I will elaborate and add more enquiries as this thread develops.  May opportunities open to know and understand the Holy Trinity better.  Be well, content and helpful in the Lord. 
    • By B3L13v3R
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7lxdWxTFyw

Description from the ministry on this young woman's testimony:

"Powerful Coming Out Story -  Emily spent 7 years living out her same-sex attractions while being outspoken about God’s acceptance of her lifestyle. After her engagement with her female partner ended, she was invited to a Bible study. This weekly examination of the holiness of God challenged her day after day until her life completely changed. It is a powerful testimony that calls the homosexual community not to heterosexuality but to holiness. Emily’s story lovingly addresses the heart of the matter: that homosexuality is only one sin among many that manifests itself within a sinful heart. Only by the grace and mercy of God can we be transformed.

Regardless of what you have done in your life, redemption is provided to you through Jesus Christ. Just like Emily, even if you have sinful desires and affections, God died for you. He can make you a new creation and save you from a terrible fate. God is rich in mercy and full of great love, and He provided a way out. The narrow road to salvation requires that you call sin what it is, repent of it, and trust that Christ’s death and resurrection is sufficient to atone for the punishment you deserve. If any man is in Christ, he is a NEW creation. Unless this happens for you, your sinful desires will always drive your actions and shape your interpretation of Scripture. As culture influences the church, even Christians are deceived on this topic. However, for the person who claims to be gay and a Christian, understand that it is not possible for Christians to remain in willful, unrepentant sin. 1 John 3:9 says, “No one who is born of God makes a practice of sin, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.” God's message has always and will always involve crucifying the flesh with its passions and desires and living for Christ."

Gal 5:24-25  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.  (25)  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.