• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1996

I've been in multiple debates recently about God and homosexuality, I want to get more people thinking about it and want to know about other people's thoughts.

Is the psychology of it (having the attraction towards the same sex) a sin in itself? Is just the acting upon the attraction the sin? Or is none of it a sin at all?

Another point, is that some non-Christians accuse Christians of not liking homosexuals and thinking of them as bad people. This really annoys me, how people can so easily generalise us. I myself do not understand or agree with homosexuality...but that doesn't mean I think homosexuals are bad people! We are ALL bad in the eyes of God.

What say you on these matters? =)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  9

Of Course Homosexuality Is a Sin, That's one of the major reasons why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed...

Of Course Homosexuality Is a Sin, That's one of the major reasons why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed...

Excuse my ignorance, but who are Sodom and Gomorrah?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  9

They were Sister Cities That were Destroyed because of there Immorality, In the Old Testament of The Bible...

They were Sister Cities That were Destroyed because of there Immorality, In the Old Testament of The Bible...

Okay I read about it, and can use this in further debates about homosexuality with non-Christians - cheers man =)

Guest shiloh357

I've been in multiple debates recently about God and homosexuality, I want to get more people thinking about it and want to know about other people's thoughts.

Is the psychology of it (having the attraction towards the same sex) a sin in itself? Is just the acting upon the attraction the sin? Or is none of it a sin at all?

Another point, is that some non-Christians accuse Christians of not liking homosexuals and thinking of them as bad people. This really annoys me, how people can so easily generalise us. I myself do not understand or agree with homosexuality...but that doesn't mean I think homosexuals are bad people! We are ALL bad in the eyes of God.

What say you on these matters? =)

Homosexuality is a spiritual stronghold.  It is a sin, to be sure, but it is a stronghold.  It is more than addiction or an attraction.  It is a spiritual problem, that essentially has a hold on someone that nothing but the power of the Holy Spirit can dissolve.

Too often, our opposition to homosexuality is seen as hatred of homosexuals, and nothing could be further from the truth.  They need the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He is their only hope.  We must love them enough to tell them the truth about their sin and point them to Christ who is the only remedy for their spiritual sickness.

Sin

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

Kills

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Jesus

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

Saves

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

Period

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

~

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. Ezekiel 16:49

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,homosexuality is a sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Excuse my ignorance, but who are Sodom and Gomorrah?

Have you ever read the Bible?