• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

"Enoch, I can only shake my head at this point."

Please spare me your condescending remarks

You speak that as if you haven't been speaking condescendingly yourself.

"You speak that as if you haven't been speaking condescendingly yourself."

Well yes of course I do.... mainly because I haven't.

Unless you define Condescending as:  A Point By Point Direct Refutation of Assertions either supported by Scripture, "Science", or Common Sense.

Condescending:  showing or characterized by a patronizing or superior attitude toward others.  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/condescending

"Enoch, I can only shake my head at this point."  is the textbook definition of Condescending.

Moreover;  If I were condescending...are you saying that then you are justified in returning the insult?  Sort of like, "That's what I am..... what are you" scenario?

I deal with this on a daily basis.  I have 5th Grader (Daughter) and a 2nd Grader (Son) in which this plays out over and over again almost on a daily basis. Or, when I catch them doing something that they're not suppose to be doing or catch either in a LIE.  They then....: divert divert divert, make up a story, blame someone/something else, or dive head long into an emotional manipulation descent.

We are all fallible and I have my share but I suppose the difference between kids and adults is the kids attempt to weasel their way out (see: tactics above) where Adults are suppose to: Stand Accountable, ask for Forgiveness, then drive on and try not to make that same mistake again.

Am I in error here?

Enoch,

I have asked others to hold me accountable for my hasty talk, I invite you to do the same.

I will say that, Yes, you have been extremely condescending and flippant (i.e. insincere).  But that is understandable (not condonable) considering the topics.

Your quip about If I were condescending...are you saying that then you are justified in returning the insult?  Sort of like, "That's what I am..... what are you" scenario?" is disappointing as a parent...I imagine, as a parent, you already know that it is just the continuation of the child's game......."He did it first; yeah, well does that give you the right to do it back!!?"  It's actually worse than the child's game because it is far more clever.

Now, you can of course deny my own accusation.  But you have 2 people accusing you of condescending language....is that not reason to question....?

clb

Please scroll up this page and review messages 81 and 83.

It ends it for me. 

Thanks for you concern, however.

Okay....?

I don't see how 81 AND 83 say anything.  Other than that Fez might lock up another discussion because of heated discussion...?

maybe I missed something?

clb

You are wrong on all accounts

~

Beloved 

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1;1-3

Is It

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:8-11

Wrong

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:20

To

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Hebrews 11:3

Believe

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

It Is True

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Or Do You Advise

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

We Look For Another

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. 1 John 5:21

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

I believe time was created for this planet. The universe and God are not subject to it. Science is subjective and is never going to prove or disprove God as creator. The best way to show God to are children is to look at the beauty of Gods creation. Let them try to understand the enormity of the universe compared to the speck our planet is. There is no way we can ever grasp God fully. Science can only make educational guesses. Einstein was a creationist. It never harmed his thinking. Many scientist and intelligent people have been creationist, No one has ever given an example of the belief in a intelligent God creating everything as dangerous, We need to let our children think freely, and not be limited by fear. There is no reason to fear a God who created a wonderful universe and world.