• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/11/2014 at 11:08 PM, Montana Marv said:

1 Cor 13:12 - Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror, then we shall see face to face.  Now I know in part, then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

You are still a sinner, you are not perfect, you are not perfected.  Not until one receives their new Resurrected body, like Jesus Christs new body, will one be free of sin.  If one has the potential of death, they are under the curse.  He who says he does not sin is a liar and the truth is not in them.  1 John 1:8 - If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I think you misquoted 1 John 1:8, I believe it says if we says "He who says he is without sin" is a liar.......That is a big difference from saying one is without sin and one saying he doesn't sin. I'm noticing more and more these days, when somebody makes the statement along the lines we should strive to sin not, people will jump all over that and go on attack. Yet, we are supposed to strive for that and help each other to strive for that mark as well. Christ Himself said to STRIVE to enter the narrow gate. Instead of pointing out the obvious that we are not perfect and are without sin, how about we all support the goal of trying to achieve a life of obedience to Christ. This should be a goal for each and everybody who confesses Christ as Lord. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

3 hours ago, ((Michael)) said:

I think you misquoted 1 John 1:8, I believe it says if we says "He who says he is without sin" is a liar.......That is a big difference from saying one is without sin and one saying he doesn't sin. I'm noticing more and more these days, when somebody makes the statement along the lines we should strive to sin not, people will jump all over that and go on attack. Yet, we are supposed to strive for that and help each other to strive for that mark as well. Christ Himself said to STRIVE to enter the narrow gate. Instead of pointing out the obvious that we are not perfect and are without sin, how about we all support the goal of trying to achieve a life of obedience to Christ. This should be a goal for each and everybody who confesses Christ as Lord. 

Just curious, but you do realize this post you quoted is over 2 years old.....correct?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, firestormx said:

Just curious, but you do realize this post you quoted is over 2 years old.....correct?

lol, I realize now

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/12/2014 at 5:10 AM, Guest said:

So, you never sin? I sin, but sin is not my master.

Is that the same as, "I quit smoking several times a week"?

On 7/5/2016 at 8:53 AM, ((Michael)) said:

Well said.

It is God's goal to have a people to meet Him when He returns, who are "without guile" and "Who keep the commandments of God, and have the faith of Jesus."

The aim of the gospel is to glorify God, by restoring the minds of the lost, to remove sin from their heart, mind and conscience. 

Can God do for us what we can't? That is the question, and only those who have faith in Him will stand in the last days of earth, as examples of God's workmanship.