Jesus Christ Driven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I always liked Sit, Walk, Stand by Watchman Nee. He divides Ephesians into 3 parts. The first tells of all the spirititual blessings we who are IN Christ are given. When we live and abide In Him, our positition is SEATED with Christ in heavenly, places, adopted, redeemed by the Blood and forgiven, predestined to the praise of His glory, sealed with the Holy Spirit Who is our guarentee of our inheritance and to know the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe.

This is our legal position.

For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Eph2:10 For we are His workmanship, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS FOR GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED BEFOREHAND THAT WE SHOULD WALK IN THEM. It is because of our position of being in Christ that we are able to WALK the walk--growing in strength by the power of the Holy Spirit in the inner man, becoming grounded in incomprehensible love, being filled with the fullness of God to the end that we may walk in unity. Purity. Truth. Forgiveness. Wisdom. Obedience. A clean heart. Grace.

All of this is to the end that we may be able to STAND against the enemy.

We were created to walk in the good works that God has prepared for us. That is our purpose in life. We weren't created just to be declared righteous through His blood, saved by faith and empowered by the Holy Spirit. It is because of that, however, that we are able to do the good works God has prepared for us. And one of those good works is to stand against the assults of the enemy. Ephesians in a nut shell.

Blessings,

Willa

Guest shiloh357

Amen! But you can never convince a person who believes that they are perfect and without fault in their own eyes that they are wrong. At least by now, in this thread and for those who have read all the posts in it, most have seen the truth that we all continue to sin, not continually or willfully, but that until we are with the Lord we still have our sinful nature.

Jesus gave His life so you can be without fault blameless in His sight. He has taken our sins upon Himself and imputed His righteousness to us. If He sees you righteous, shouldn't you see yourself as righteous? You can live with a pure conscience before the Lord, not by your own power, but by His blood your sins were blotted out. By His Spirit, you partake in a new nature. God is so powerful, His ability to keep us and transform us is greater than our ability to fail and miss it. He's more than a theology, He's real and He lives in you. He calls you a new adam. stop acting like the old. :)

Everything you said is absolutely true. But being righteous is a matter of both position and practical Christianity.   Where we fall into error is when we start taking what the Bible says we are and interpreting that in the light of our experience.   I am righteous by the work of Jesus on the cross.  That is my position before God.  I am in rightstanding before God and under grace.   If I start measuring my salvation by the level at which my life reflects that reality, I will fall into some serious  condemnation.  

We are called by God to live out the reality of His grace in our lives.  We are called to holy living on the ground and basis that He is holy.  The Bible NEVER indicates that our salvation is conditioned upon a perfectly sinless life.   If that were the case, who would be able to stand?

:) But it is completely conditioned upon a perfectly sinless life, His life.  Salvation is measured by His work on the cross. There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.

I think you know what I meant.   I was saying that it is not conditioned on us a Christians living out a perfect sinless life.

We are called by God to live out the reality of His grace in our lives.  We are called to holy living on the ground and basis that He is holy.  The Bible NEVER indicates that our salvation is conditioned upon a perfectly sinless life.   If that were the case, who would be able to stand?

Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Okay, so what is the point you are wanting us to take away from that?

I'm just simply agreeing with you. Blessings.

Guest shiloh357

Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Okay, so what is the point you are wanting us to take away from that?

I'm just simply agreeing with you. Blessings.

Ah, I see...  Cool! :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

In the Greek the phrase "doth not commit sin" is a word that means that we don't  habitually practice sin.    It doesn't mean that we don't stumble in a sincere attempt to serve the Lord.   It means that we do not make sin our way of life. 

So then if a person doesn't  practice sin then they must be a believer. Is it then fair to say that the only real sin is unbelief.

Jesus said 'go and sin no more'.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I don't believe that is so.   A more accurate rendition of the words you quote, or perhaps understanding, would be in keeping with what most people responding in this thread

have already asserted.

This:  Go and stop committing adultery.  In other words, Jesus is dealing with habitual sin or the continuation of deliberate sin or a sinful lifestyle if you will.

The 10 commandments address many things that fall in the category of sin; unbelief is not the only sin.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

In the Greek the phrase "doth not commit sin" is a word that means that we don't  habitually practice sin.    It doesn't mean that we don't stumble in a sincere attempt to serve the Lord.   It means that we do not make sin our way of life.

So then if a person doesn't  practice sin then they must be a believer. Is it then fair to say that the only real sin is unbelief.

1 John 3:6 No one who abides in Him---who lives and remains in communion with and in obedience to Him, [DELIBERATELY AND KNOWINGLY] COMMITS (PRACTICES) SIN. No one who habitually commits sins has either seen or known Him--recognized, perceived or understood Him or has had an experimental acquaintance with Him. 8a But He who commits sin (who PRACTICES EVIL DOING) is of the devil---takes his character from the evil one; for the devil has sinned (has violated the divine law) from the beginning. 9 No one born (begotten) of God [deliberately and knowingly] HABITUALLY PRACTICES SIN. for God's nature abides in Him---His principle of life, the divine sperm, remains permanently within him---and he cannot PRACTICE SINNING because he is born (begotten) of God. Amplified Version.

A person who is born again and who is in communion with God can not knowingly and deliberately pracitice sin. That does not mean the the converse is true. A person who is moral is not necessarily a Christian. Only people who have recieved Christ into their lives, repented, confessed Him as Savior and Lord, and who remain in Him are Christians.

However, there are people who struggle with a certain sin for years. They may be godly in most other respects, but they have not yet learned to walk in the Spirit so as to not yield to the flesh in this area. If they are genuinely repentant and do not set themselves up for failure, we should not be quick to judge them but to have compassion and pray for them.

Guest shiloh357

No, your response is not exactly accurate.

I know sinners that live better than many Christians.  Just because a person lives a good life doesn't mean they are believer.   A true Christian will not live in the mire of habitual sin.  A true Christian cannot live in habitual sin and enjoy it. 

Jesus told the woman caught in adultery to go and sin no more.  He told her that she was not to continue in her adulterous relationship.  He did not say to her or to us,  "Go and never, ever commit a single sin the rest of your life, or else I will not save you."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I love this topic and agree with the original post.  One of my favorite texts to support this is Galatians 2:20.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Beware

Much of this is Mormon Doctrine.  When one sins the Holy Spirit leaves that person.  Look at the OP.  If one obeys the commandments, he does not sin.  This is out of Mormon doctrine.  Driven also states he will post another thread that reveals once Saul was converted to Paul, that Paul sinned no more.  Watch out what you are supporting.

In Christ

Montana Marv