Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garbi01

Hello,I need advice

16 posts in this topic

Guess I have to post 5 messages to start a topic, but I've ran into some issues in my marriage and need a lot of help. Basically just got caught about an hour and a half ago, and this is my first step. I'm 40 and been married since my early 20s and we are having problems and I'm the cause.

Hi, garbi01, and welcome to Worthy.  I don't know what kind of advice you need but I will offer prayer for your marriage.  If you believe you're at fault then you should pray for forgiveness.  Are you a believer? 

Guess I have to post 5 messages to start a topic, but I've ran into some issues in my marriage and need a lot of help. Basically just got caught about an hour and a half ago, and this is my first step. I'm 40 and been married since my early 20s and we are having problems and I'm the cause.

Well, the good news is you are taking ownership for the problem- well done and bravo. In addition, bravo for turning to God through Gods people when in trouble. Speaking from experience, I know this pleases him when we do that. He is Father after all.

As you know, we have a forum just for people like you. I'm sure you will find people there more than willing to come besides you and assist you in your time of need. All you need to do is respond to everyone who greets and you will have five within an hour.

In the meantime, welcome.

Have you ever given your life to Jesus Christ and asked Him to make it to be like His?

Have you ever asked Christ to come into your life, turned away from your sinfulness and turned to Him for salvation?

Have you made Christ the center of your marriage so that you pray aloud with and for your wife every day?

This is where you must begin.

Then you become a servent as Christ did when He gave us his position in heaven to become a man, a servent. Let this mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus as in Philippeans 2. Become the head of your household by your unselfish example.

It doesn't happen over night. But it is where you must begin. In 1 Corinthinians 6:9 we are told that adulterers shall not enter the kingdom of God. You sinned first against God, and then to your wife. But verse 11 goes on to say that such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified by the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

True repentance mean turning away from your sin and falling on your face before God, asking for mercy. David, after his adultry with Bathsheba, then had her husband killed! Yet God called him a man after his own heart because of his true repentance. But David suffered the consequences for his sin. There is no guarentee that your wife will forgive you or that you will ever regain her trust. You have no idea how wounded and betrayed she feels. It will take time and you must prove yourself to her. Your whole family will feel the consequences. Go to God first. Completely break off your relationship with the other woman and never contact her again.. That is repentance. Then seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness whether your marriage is ever repaired or not. Become a man of God. Read your Bible and pray daily.

And welcome to Worthy,

Willa

Praying. God knows what is needed.

Praying. God knows what is needed.

I will also be praying!  Whatever you were caught doing, make sure you are honest.  Don't make excuses.  Own up to it and work on bettering yourself.  Getting right with God first is the most important and He will help you through the rest of your journey.  If you need anymore help or guidance, feel free to message me any time.  God bless you!

Thanks for your prayers and support everyone. I believe this forum will be helpful.

I really am looking for some people I can share my entire story with and walk through this process of healing.

I will also be praying!  Whatever you were caught doing, make sure you are honest.  Don't make excuses.  Own up to it and work on bettering yourself.  Getting right with God first is the most important and He will help you through the rest of your journey.  If you need anymore help or guidance, feel free to message me any time.  God bless you!

thanks anthony