IGNORED

Do You think Persecution is Coming to North America?

gfellowships

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Here is an article to consider on this topic, it would be interesting to hear others thoughts.

====

I recently watched a short documentary on the sad events of the December 26, 2004, tsunami that hit Indonesia and caused almost a quarter of a million deaths. It is well known as the Boxing Day Tsunami.

The video showed the Tsunami spreading to different regions, hitting the shores of heavily populated areas. What struck me was the complacency of the people in the different areas, even the amusement of it all. At one beach they see a white crescent on the distant horizon spreading across the entire large bay. People watch mesmerized as this white crescent comes nearer and nearer. When the wave swallows up two ships in the bay some of the watchers realize the magnitude of the event that is about to strike but for most it is too late. In another shoreline people smile and laugh in amusement as the entire bay is emptied of water and ships are beached. It begins as a spectacle that is full of fun and amusement as people take pictures. As the water came back in they considered it something fun to watch. When the wave struck that shoreline, many were caught unawares; their running was in vain and multitudes were screaming as they were swallowed in the waves and dragged back out to sea, never to return.

As I watched the video a great sobriety came over me—not just over the deaths of so many people—of what is about to come upon the Christians of the world, with some of us not being aware of the times we are living in. Many of us do not believe this could be the end of time.

Just as the tsunami came without warning, so will the end times persecution come upon many Christians unawares. I am not arguing for any type of position of the rapture of the church, whether pre or post, in this short article. Yet I believe firmly that we will all feel like we are in the great tribulation when this end time persecution wave hits the Church. The birth pains will become worse and worse, and many of those that have believed in a pre-tribulation rapture that would have them escape from all suffering will be 100% unprepared for what is going to come upon them.

Persecution of Christians has not diminished, but has been increasing yearly world wide.

*** removed link ***

Edited by OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Most of that persecution is at the hands of Islam......   and our president is working on a series to introduce our K-12 children to the teachings of Islam....

Is persecution coming......   I would say that probably yes it is and we are bringing in upon our on heads....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I do not know.But God knows....

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Here is an article to consider on this topic, it would be interesting to hear others thoughts.

====

I recently watched a short documentary on the sad events of the December 26, 2004, tsunami that hit Indonesia and caused almost a quarter of a million deaths. It is well known as the Boxing Day Tsunami.

The video showed the Tsunami spreading to different regions, hitting the shores of heavily populated areas. What struck me was the complacency of the people in the different areas, even the amusement of it all. At one beach they see a white crescent on the distant horizon spreading across the entire large bay. People watch mesmerized as this white crescent comes nearer and nearer. When the wave swallows up two ships in the bay some of the watchers realize the magnitude of the event that is about to strike but for most it is too late. In another shoreline people smile and laugh in amusement as the entire bay is emptied of water and ships are beached. It begins as a spectacle that is full of fun and amusement as people take pictures. As the water came back in they considered it something fun to watch. When the wave struck that shoreline, many were caught unawares; their running was in vain and multitudes were screaming as they were swallowed in the waves and dragged back out to sea, never to return.

As I watched the video a great sobriety came over me—not just over the deaths of so many people—of what is about to come upon the Christians of the world, with some of us not being aware of the times we are living in. Many of us do not believe this could be the end of time.

Just as the tsunami came without warning, so will the end times persecution come upon many Christians unawares. I am not arguing for any type of position of the rapture of the church, whether pre or post, in this short article. Yet I believe firmly that we will all feel like we are in the great tribulation when this end time persecution wave hits the Church. The birth pains will become worse and worse, and many of those that have believed in a pre-tribulation rapture that would have them escape from all suffering will be 100% unprepared for what is going to come upon them.

Persecution of Christians has not diminished, but has been increasing yearly world wide.

*** removed link ***

What you talk of, the persecution, and it's increase, and the analogy of Jesus returning like a Tsunami, are all in the bible for any believer to see. 

America will be treated no differently to any other country, because we serve an impartial God.

As to the Tsunami? Before one hits, the sea actually retreats, leaving fish floundering on the sand, and uninformed people standing and watching and wondering what is going on. 

So there is a warning and those that know Tsunami's know what to look for. Just as those of us who read the bible and stay close to God will have some warning (even though Jesus will come like a "thief in the night"). Is what is happening worldwide today the water receding? I don't know, but it sure seems like it might be.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,620
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Any of us who have lived longer than three decades remember how America used to be and can state unequivocally that America has already been judged and persecution has come to those who do not keep quite about God and the truth outside of Church buildings and places like this.

....Persecution of Christians has not diminished, but has been increasing yearly world wide....

~

Pray

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12

For Our

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 1 Peter 4:12-14

Perseverance

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Isaiah 43:2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings "g"

That article was very well written ,I thought so anyway & thank you for sharing it with everyone,Praise the Lord!

That tsunami was truly devastating but what really struck me was the mind of the writer,apparently a Christian.....So many of us are so aware of what is happening across the globe & really,whether pre or post trib ,we are very prepared for eternity & because we have such a Loving & Compassionate Father we have His "instruction manual enclosed within His Love Letters"....His Word....

II we are here for the final countdown, if we have to suffer persecution or whatever happens.....we have our Living Redeemer,our Precious Savior,the Grace of our Abba & His Blessed Assurance...........our very own lives should be the last thing on our minds because we do not ever have to face the second death,we have to be Christs living ,breathing ,walking,talking ,living testimonies ....there are so,so many that need to come to the foot of the cross.....my heart aches

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I don't often do this, but given the subject matter, I wanted to share something I believe the Lord gave me. 

I had been hearing various Christians speak about Tsunamis. Water is sometimes used in symbolism referring to the Holy Spirit, so this talk about Tsunamis was viewed as a great move of the Holy Spirit. At that time, Christians were talking about 'riding the wave' of the Holy Spirit.  

Well, in a dream/vision, I saw a huge tsunami wave, and I thought of the 'ride the wave' talk I had heard among Christians, but as the wave approached, I realized that there is absolutely no way to 'ride the wave'. It was so big, that when it came down on shore, it would crush everyone. I looked down and saw a boulder, and thought the only way not to be pushed back and crushed against something was to hold on to the rock. But the size of the tsunami was so great... tens of feet high, I knew I was not strong enough to hold on to the rock. I then heard 'Don't worry, hold on to the rock and the rock will hold on to you'. Sure enough, as I grabbed onto the rock, strongs arms came from the rock and held onto me. I knew, I would be buffeted, but those arms which held me would not be broken.    

Having experienced some persecution due to my ethnicity, and knowing that the persecution has been relatively minor compared to other times in history, and then comparing that to the persecution I have receive due to my belief in Jesus which has been considerably less then the persecution due to my ethnicity, generally speaking, the persecution in the U.S. for Christian is very small. However, if we do experience more intense persecution, I know we can trust in Jesus and rest in Him.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I believe tt's already here, and it will get worse.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I believe tt's already here, and it will get worse.

It is already here, and yes, it will get worse, but what extent I do not know.