Edited by baseballplaya92104

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think it interesting that the article states that Constantine was the first Roman Emperor to convert to Christianity and then call him a pagan...

Second, I might remind you that God has used many non Jewish and Christian peoples to do his will.    Just think about Paul.  he was a chief Pharisee that was going around killing Christians (or having it done) and Jesus picked him to take the Gospel to us gentiles.

the site you posted the URL for is pretty much promoting deism.  If you find it bothersome, I wonder if you should share it with the world or just ask about the parts of it that bother you.....    unless you are promoting the same.    Since I don't know you personally I can't know your motives, I have to ask so please don't be offended at my lack of knowing you.

....I'm ultimately on a quest to concrete my current belief in Christianity....

~

The

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

Walk

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. Matthew 10:38

Or Not

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Didn't want to read the article, but desim is false. http://carm.org/questions-deism

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for the responses. I am an no way, shape, or form promoting that site. I just honestly was wanting some incite and opinions from some people much more knowledgeable in the area than me. Thanks guys! 

Thank you for the responses. I am an no way, shape, or form promoting that site. I just honestly was wanting some incite and opinions from some people much more knowledgeable in the area than me. Thanks guys! 

That's good....   btw welcome to worthy....   I hope you enjoy the site as much as I have....

2 Timothy 3:14-17 is clear "But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (NIV) Also, the Dead Sea Scrolls parts of which have been proven to have been written from 408 BC, to 308 AD. Why do Christians look for ways to question GOD's Word? You have been called by Him! Otherwise, you would not care less. Look to His Word for life, not for anxiety.

Can anyone offer a good explanation as to why this article is false? I would love to be assured that it is not true. Please help me. Thank you!

:thumbsup:

God

The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. Isaiah 40:8 (ESV)

Said It

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. Matthew 24:35 (ESV)

And God

The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times. You, O Lord, will keep them; you will guard us from this generation forever. Psalms 12:6-7 (ESV)

Will Keep It

Forever, O Lord, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens. Psalms 119:89 (ESV)

~

But

To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages inb God who created all things, Ephesians 3:8-9 (ESV)

Then

And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, As he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. 2 Peter 3:15-16 (ESV)

Again

You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen. 2 Peter 3:17-18 (ESV)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

It is self-evident that the God of the Bible exists and that the Bible is the Word of God.  "My sheep hear My voice."  It should be obvious that the early Christians at once accepted the epistles from the NT writers as God's word at once, not waiting for ecclesiastical councils 300 years later nor for the non-Christian Constantine to put his blessing on the writings.  The whole concept of canon involves a misconception.

It is self-evident that the God of the Bible exists and that the Bible is the Word of God.  "My sheep hear My voice."  It should be obvious that the early Christians at once accepted the epistles from the NT writers as God's word at once, not waiting for ecclesiastical councils 300 years later nor for the non-Christian Constantine to put his blessing on the writings.  The whole concept of canon involves a misconception.

Which Bible is the Word of God....    they are not all the same..   and the English translations don't always say what the Greek and Hebrew is saying.....    so  I'd like to know which is the one he spoke or wrote?

When you call something the "Word of God" I think that there isn't a single word that I should doubt   and when they say different things I have to back up and ponder.