IGNORED

What God is doing within the human spirit?

Diatheosis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I was recently watching some documentaries about people who had died but were sent back.

Some went to see the underworld/Hell and got revealed what the life is about, returned completely transformed. What appeared to be repeating element in these kind of experiences, was that they shouted to God at the greatest moments of despair surrounded by the darkness, and God/Jesus made Himself known to them rescuing them from the pits of hell. Going through something like this is probably helping to change a person for the rest of their lives.

Others got directly to heaven. What caught my attention was a young woman who was not particularly Christian, but seemed pretty nice (at least after what she had been witnessing). So the thing is, while she apparently was not a confessing believer or so, she still got to be with God in heaven. My conclusion about this is, that sometimes people may be Christian in spirit, although it has not (yet) dawned to them. Maybe she had soon got to understand that herself?

My question is as the topic is titled. Sometimes God is doing His work hidden to us until the time comes. Certainly, there are many professing Christians who would perhaps to do better to boast less and reflect more. Not that the Word of God ought not to be made known, but if it's done aggressively people may create negative associations towards it. We should always remember we are representatives of the kingdom, so having some substance will make a difference.

The point of this topic would be, that we try to more perceive in spirit what God is doing within His children, sometimes the mercy is just on the tip of the tongue.

Whilst I am not pulling whatever anyone goes through in their near death experience as the ground rock of my faith, seeing different nears death experience versions of people with different cultural mindset gives some insight about to what degree human mind as such can understand the truth. Even when it has not been particularly exposed to it.

Lingual or even religious settings do not play the major role. Does not even Paul speak of the pagans who have been circumcised by the spirit?

I am not making general statements about universalism, just that God's work is often hidden to human eye. What these near death experiences on the other hand seem to point out, is that one can shout to God even after removed from the body. Since they however came back, I don't however know if it can be related to actual dying.

So these are not that much of statements of faith, as they are pondering about the issues. Let the discussion begin.

God bless.

Acts 7:59 And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

Eze 32:27 They do not lie down with the fallen warriors of the uncircumcised, who went down to Sheol with their weapons of war, whose swords were placed under their heads. The punishment for their sins rested on their bones, although the terror of these warriors was once in the land of the living.

If God shows you a piece of heaven or hell when your time is not up in this life but he still shows you anyways, consider it a gift.

Many good books are written on this subject also. Blessings. - DRS81

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

These claims mad by people would not be consistent with Bible scripture. 

Psalms 6:5

Job 14:12

A person does not go immediately to their reward, good or bad.

I can see a person being returned from hell hypothetically for a life lesson but being returned from heaven, if all that was even believable.

I would distant myself from these spiritual stories. satan based or attention getters?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

It is easy to dismiss someone's experience without really knowing the case. But If you were to encounter such a thing, you would not care what someone else says about it

Of course, people come up with the most incredible stuff, everyone for their own gains. But that all of it is with no basis for reality? Everyone chooses what to believe. To say that one believes only in the Word of God is pretty a simplified statement. Just see the variety in Christendom; are all the others who believe differently and interpret the Bible in different way than you just plain wrong? It's a bit problematic in this sense.

My wife has been nearly departing a few times. Last time during the birth of our fourth child, and then Jesus gave her a revelation about how important the family is (not that she was not already committed to that). Not a heaven trip, instead heaven came down with Jesus, so to speak. 

Does it make a difference if one gets out of their body while almost dying, or otherwise? I mean, Paul speaks of getting out of body and now we are speaking of it in a Christian sense, not occult ramblings of new age. From the Old Testament we don't get too much to see this kind of things. Enoch went with God, so did Elijah, Saul summoned upon Samuel. A few revelations to prophets etc. Otherwise it is basically Enoch who went in spirit to see some heavenly things, although it is in the apocrypha.

As said before, it is not to go with every person's version and belief. But as instance, if there are people who are totally unfamiliar with the Christian concept of reality who get to witness hell or heaven which matches the bible's version, do you think it's without any basis whatsoever? I don't think God's work is too limited, but He is taking care of His Creation with great care.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I was recently watching some documentaries about people who had died but were sent back.

Some went to see the underworld/Hell and got revealed what the life is about, returned completely transformed. What appeared to be repeating element in these kind of experiences, was that they shouted to God at the greatest moments of despair surrounded by the darkness, and God/Jesus made Himself known to them rescuing them from the pits of hell. Going through something like this is probably helping to change a person for the rest of their lives.

Others got directly to heaven. What caught my attention was a young woman who was not particularly Christian, but seemed pretty nice (at least after what she had been witnessing). So the thing is, while she apparently was not a confessing believer or so, she still got to be with God in heaven. My conclusion about this is, that sometimes people may be Christian in spirit, although it has not (yet) dawned to them. Maybe she had soon got to understand that herself?

My question is as the topic is titled. Sometimes God is doing His work hidden to us until the time comes. Certainly, there are many professing Christians who would perhaps to do better to boast less and reflect more. Not that the Word of God ought not to be made known, but if it's done aggressively people may create negative associations towards it. We should always remember we are representatives of the kingdom, so having some substance will make a difference.

The point of this topic would be, that we try to more perceive in spirit what God is doing within His children, sometimes the mercy is just on the tip of the tongue.

Whilst I am not pulling whatever anyone goes through in their near death experience as the ground rock of my faith, seeing different nears death experience versions of people with different cultural mindset gives some insight about to what degree human mind as such can understand the truth. Even when it has not been particularly exposed to it.

Lingual or even religious settings do not play the major role. Does not even Paul speak of the pagans who have been circumcised by the spirit?

I am not making general statements about universalism, just that God's work is often hidden to human eye. What these near death experiences on the other hand seem to point out, is that one can shout to God even after removed from the body. Since they however came back, I don't however know if it can be related to actual dying.

So these are not that much of statements of faith, as they are pondering about the issues. Let the discussion begin.

God bless.

You have a lovely writing style, I had a heaven vision or experience once. I remember feeling like I was hit in the back of the head by a lighting bolt, then all of a sudden I was standing in a endless white room and I could feel intense love all around me, I remember wanting to stay there then the next thing the world came back into focus and the vision was gone. This happend to me many years ago before I was exposed to christianity.

Edited by chrisstavrous

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

There is one God. God the Creator. Our one God has 7 Spirits. Those 7 Spirits are dispersed among believers of the body of Christ. Those believers believe in the methods in which they have followed and been taught by traditional teachings. When one spirit comes into contact with a spirit of different teachings, there is a problem and fighting occurs. Everyone wants to be right.

Now, if a person believes the Word of God, it tells us "ALL things are of GOD", and "ALL good things come FROM God". So, if a believer is indeed a believer, one will recognize that just because someone has a different understanding than you, they are still of the same body, but you are a hand and they are a foot.

Who is wrong???

Even the spirit of perdition has a job to do for the Lord. If it were not for the spirit of perdition, how would we know good fruit from rotten fruit?

God bless you

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

You claim, "Our one God has 7 Spirits."  Well, apparently the Holy Spirit is called 7 spirits in Revelation and the Lord Jesus has the Holy Spirit.   But that is different from saying God has 7 spirits and that these are dispersed in the Body of Christ (the Church).    In fact God is A spirit.  He has no body that would "have" a spirit or spirits.  A demon possessed person might have 7 spirits!

Your teaching sounds like strange incense.

Of course God is omnipresent.  So He is within & without everything.  But what leads you to suppose that one can talk of "the human spirit" and God doing something in the human spirit, as if there were one collective human spirit?

One might ask what is God doing in the Church, the Body of Christ.  One might ask what does God do inside a Christian human being.

Christ may dwell in the Christian human's heart by faith (Eph 3).  In Eph 3 it appears that what Christ does there results in the Christian being rooted and grounded in love with the further result of him being filled to all the fullness of Godf.

These claims mad by people would not be consistent with Bible scripture. 

Psalms 6:5

Job 14:12

A person does not go immediately to their reward, good or bad.

I can see a person being returned from hell hypothetically for a life lesson but being returned from heaven, if all that was even believable.

I would distant myself from these spiritual stories. satan based or attention getters?

Don't you conclude from Luke 15 that persons can't come back from Hades?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

There is one God. God the Creator. Our one God has 7 Spirits. Those 7 Spirits are dispersed among believers of the body of Christ. Those believers believe in the methods in which they have followed and been taught by traditional teachings. When one spirit comes into contact with a spirit of different teachings, there is a problem and fighting occurs. Everyone wants to be right.

Now, if a person believes the Word of God, it tells us "ALL things are of GOD", and "ALL good things come FROM God". So, if a believer is indeed a believer, one will recognize that just because someone has a different understanding than you, they are still of the same body, but you are a hand and they are a foot.

Who is wrong???

Even the spirit of perdition has a job to do for the Lord. If it were not for the spirit of perdition, how would we know good fruit from rotten fruit?

God bless you

I guess Hitler was a good example of bad....     actually a really good example....