Hall7

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Well, when Christ died on the cross, He descended into Hell and gave those who could've never known Him a chance to repent before He returned to Heaven.  It's possible that those who have never heard His name get that chance.

Nowhere in scripture does it say they got a second chance to be saved after they died.

1 Peter 3:18

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive,[d] he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

Let's study this verse together to see how we can all come to an agreement of the understanding of it.

To my understanding this verse tells me that Jesus went back in the spirit to speak with the imprisoned spirits of the ones who had died during the flood when the Earth was made new. Was it hell or was it Hades? To some the translation of Hades means hell and to others it means the unseen world of spirits. If Jesus can make His truth known in that place (wherever it was) back in time, doesn't it mean that He could also make His truth known to the departed spirits of the ones who never had a chance to know Him while still in the flesh on Earth?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I disagree with that interpretation that He gave them a second chance to get saved.

I disagree with that interpretation that He gave them a second chance to get saved.

Ok. What was the reason for Him to go to that place in your opinion? And I'm not debating, I'm learning as I go just like everyone else.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Well,I am not sure but as I believe it people who have never heard the word of God, and people who are severely disabled,(not being able to understand) and babies who die before they have a chance to hear or believe are somehow pardoned.It is through no fault of their own.

However; if we are guilty of not telling even if we feel they will not understand,(language or mental ability) then we will answer for that.

I do agree with you that the ones who reject Jesus in their lives, such as evil doers go to hell without a second chance to get saved.

However; if we are guilty of not telling even if we feel they will not understand,(language or mental ability) then we will answer for that.

Do you believe we'll be punished for not telling? I'm not sure I understand.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

1 Peter 3:18

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive,[d] he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

I was thinking of this passage as well. I've met a few folks who believe that there's a kind of waiting room for people who were generally good and who had not outrightly rejected Christ but had not yet accepted Him (perhaps because they had not heard of Him). Not really a place between Heaven and Hell but an extra step between Death and God's Judgment.

I don't know if that's true, but it kind of feels right to me, and I imagine that's one way a just and loving God could arrange to justly and lovingly help those who didn't have their opportunity to choose.

Sometimes, when I look back at my life it feels like I was freed from Hades, almost as though if I was imprisoned for a while until the Lord freed my spirit and mind. It feels like a new dimension opened up around me.

Guest shiloh357

Well, when Christ died on the cross, He descended into Hell and gave those who could've never known Him a chance to repent before He returned to Heaven. 

The Bible doesn't actually say that. 

It's possible that those who have never heard His name get that chance.

God doesn't let people go to hell and then give them a chance to be saved.  

The problem pertaining to what happens to those who never heard the Gospel before they died is not a problem that ever took God by surprise.  The Bible never explicitly tells us how God will handle this problem.  What we do know is that God is just and whatever He does will be the right thing and it will be  consistent with His righteous character.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Well, when Christ died on the cross, He descended into Hell and gave those who could've never known Him a chance to repent before He returned to Heaven. 

The Bible doesn't actually say that. 

It's possible that those who have never heard His name get that chance.

God doesn't let people go to hell and then give them a chance to be saved.  

The problem pertaining to what happens to those who never heard the Gospel before they died is not a problem that ever took God by surprise.  The Bible never explicitly tells us how God will handle this problem.  What we do know is that God is just and whatever He does will be the right thing and it will be  consistent with His righteous character.

Right; we can save ourselves the handwringing and worry.  God has it figured out and under control.  Of that we can be certain.  :mgbowtie: