IGNORED

There is 1 God so why to we pray to Jesus or God?

AMD2093

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

i've been confused by this since i was about 7. (Im 20 now!)

There is ONE God.

From my understanding, God created Jesus. which is a human, but himself. Makes sense, God & Jesus are the same person. So why do people say that Jesus sits in Heaven at Gods side? and why to we sometimes pray to God and other times to Jesus? and what does "In Jesus name we pray" mean? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Jesus is the mediator between us and the Father, so we pray to Jesus.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Seems you are asking about the Trinity. God is a title that belongs to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. All three are exactly the same in every way, as we find in 1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one."

My

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

LORD

Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God. Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am. And they said, What need we any further witness? for we ourselves have heard of his own mouth. Luke 22:69-71

~

i've been confused by this since i was about 7. (I'm 20 now!)

There is ONE God.

From my understanding, God created Jesus. which is a human, but himself. Makes sense, God & Jesus are the same person. So why do people say that Jesus sits in Heaven at Gods side? and why to we sometimes pray to God and other times to Jesus? and what does "In Jesus name we pray" mean? 

:thumbsup:

Jesus

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

Is LORD

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

Jesus Is

Then saith he to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:27-28

Ascended

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. John 20:17

Jesus Is Returning

And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Acts 1:9-11

~

Thank You

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

LORD Jesus

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 1 John 2:22-23

For Giving To Me

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Joel 2:32

Your Father

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. John 16:23-24

I Love You LORD

I Love You

Joe

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

i've been confused by this since i was about 7. (Im 20 now!)

There is ONE God.

You are correct, there is one God, the Father. I used to wonder about this same thing and have concluded that it is the Father to whom we should pray. Jesus said to His disciple when you pray, pray saying, "Our Father who art in Heaven." The Scriptures do say that Jesus is the mediator between God and man. The Scriptures also has places where Jesus was worshiped, however, I'm not aware of any place where we're told to pray to Jesus and Jesus Himself said to pray to the Father.

On another point, Jesus was not created, He is the word of God who became flesh. While not the same person as the Father He is of the same substance and is deity.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I'm not sure if I'm correct about this, but I see the 'father son' thing as indication of God's omnipotence.

If I have a conversation with someone, I can only really talk to once person at a time because my brain power has limits. If I do manage to listen to two people talking at once, it's only because I am actually quickly flicking between one and the other - I cannot physically listen to two different conversations at the same time. The more people that are talking at the same time, the more confusing it gets.

Even when we are carrying out more than one activity at the same time (such as driving a car), most of the actions are subconscious. Our conscious brain can only be occupied with one thing at a time.

God has no such constraints. He can simultaneously listen to a prayer from somebody in New Zealand, a prayer from somebody in France, keep an eye on the wicked, and protect Israel from physical disaster. I don't know if his occupations are infinite but they are simultaneously each and everywhere.

That is how it was possible for God to enter human flesh, live on Earth and experience life as a human, but nevertheless the Universe still carried on ticking over.

Even when God dies on the cross, he is not dead because he is still alive everywhere else.

That to me explains how the Son and the Father are different personalities - yet one and the same!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

From my understanding, God created Jesus. which is a human, but himself. Makes sense, God & Jesus are the same person.

I find this an odd understanding.

Jesus was never created. He was One with the Father from eternity beginning. He became incarnate in flesh, but He was never created.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

In St. John 14:13-14    Jesus said:  - And whatsover you shall ask in my name(in the name of Jesus), that will I(Jesus) do, that the "Father" may be "glorified" in the "Son."  If you shall ask anything in my name, (Jesus) I "will" do it.   

St. John 16:23-24   And in that day you shall ask me nothing.  Verily, verily, I say to you, "whatsoever" you shall ask the Father in "my name,"(Jesus) He(Our Father) will give it to you.  Until now you have asked nothing in my name: ask, and you shall receive, that  your "joy" may be full. 

So that "our" joy may be "full"  from our "living and reigning" God of all heaven and all earth in whom all authority is over all things.  Jesus is our reigning heavenly King, all things do bow before Him, now even.  The great "I AM" does reign, and in Him is "joy in the fullest"  =]]]

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, v. 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only BEGOTTEN the Father, full of grace and truth.NKJV

So let me define the Word who took on human flesh as Jesus, known as Emmanuel, which means God with us.

In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with God His Father, and Jesus was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him. Notice in v. 14 that Jesus was begotten of the Father. He was not made or created.

Philippians 2:5-6 Let this mind be in your that was in Christ Jesus, who, BEING IN THE FORM OF GOD, did not consider it robbery to be EQUAL TO GOD. Read the rest of this passage.

Colossians 1:14-17 In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the first BORN over all creation. For by HIM all things are created that are in heaven and that are in earth--. All things were created THROUGH Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. NKJV

Jesus is presiding OVER creation and all things are held together by Him. The Father and Jesus both took part in creating the heavens and the earth and all things in it. We find in Genesis 1:2b that the Holy Spirit also took part in creation. So the plural pronoun WE is used of God in Genesis 1 when speaking of Himself because He is one God in three persons. So we pray to God the Father and we can also pray to Jesus His only Son Who was not created but was instead the Creator. THEY ARE ONE GOD. Jesus is now at the right hand of the Father interceding or praying for us. Romans 8:34 The Holy Spirit is also called God in Acts 5:3-4.

No man can fully comprehend God, or how He can be one God in 3 persons. But He IS. Jesus even called Himself the I AM who spoke to Moses out of the burning bush. John 8:58 In Revelation 1:8 He calls Himself that Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, meaning the eternal One. This is what I AM means.

Jesus taught us to pray the the Father. He came to reveal and glorify the Father, and the Holy Spirit came to glorify Jesus and recall all things to the rememberance to the apostles so that they could spread the Gospel. He is our Comforter, Teacher, Convictor, Sealer and Advocate. It is through Him that the Bible was written, and by His residing in us that we are born again.

I hope this has helped.

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

"god" what does that word mean???