IGNORED

There is 1 God so why to we pray to Jesus or God?

AMD2093

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It is written: no one comes near to Jesus except the Father draws them. It is just a divine principle that we must believe by faith.

Edited by JimmyAk

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Man says I want to find the truth but generally they close their eyes and say I want to see the sun and I don't see the sun because their eyes are closed and he doesn't want to open the eyes. He is terrified to open the eyes, nobody can't help him. No million sons can help him to see the light if he keeps his eyes closed. So it is NOT "just" a divine principle, you must understand the scriptures correctly because with wrong understanding your faith is useless.

Lets analyze!

Mathew 19:16

And behold a man came up to him, saying, "Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?"

Jesus said to him, " why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments."

- In other words Jesus teaches that salvation only comes through keeping of the commandments.

Colossians 2:14

By canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This "he" set aside, nailing it to the cross.

- In other words Paul claims that salvation can only be obtained through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Now I am asking who is RIGHT? Jesus or Paul.

What is your understanding to that. Who can be RIGHT?

Will you follow Jesus or Paul?

Edited by True_Faith50

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

The Lord Jesus is 2nd Person of the Trinity, God become man. 

Rom 10:13:  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved."

In context, LORD = the Lord Jesus.  But when he examine the OT, we find that Rom 10:13 is a quote from Joel where the word for LORD (kyrios in Greek) is YHWH!  Rom 10:13 is calling the Lord Jesus YHWH.

A

Man says I want to find the truth but generally they close their eyes and say I want to see the sun and I don't see the sun because their eyes are closed and he doesn't want to open the eyes. He is terrified to open the eyes, nobody can't help him. No million sons can help him to see the light if he keeps his eyes closed. So it is NOT "just" a divine principle, you must understand the scriptures correctly because with wrong understanding your faith is useless.

Lets analyze!

And behold a man came up to him, saying, "Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?"

Jesus said to him, " why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments."

- In other words Jesus teaches that salvation only comes through keeping of the commandments.

By canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This "he" set aside, nailing it to the cross.

- In other words Paul claims that salvation can only be obtained through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Here is the (ho-hum) Jesus vs Paul canard.

Read Mat 19 in context.  The Lord Jesus is letting the hot air out of the self-righteousness balloon:

You have to read on to the PUNCH LINE:

6   And behold, one came to him and said,  Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?  17 And he said unto him,   Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said,   Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honor thy father and thy mother; and,   Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet?  21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. 22 But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions.

23   And Jesus said unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, It is hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 And when the disciples heard it, they were astonished exceedingly, saying, Who then can be saved? 

[ PUNCH LINE! ]

26 And Jesus looking upon them said to them, With men this is IMPOSSIBLE; but with God all things are possible."

SALVATION BY GOOD WORKS IS IMPOSSIBLE!

SALVATION IS OF THE LORD (YHWH) as it says in Jonah.

Exactly! it's the context that makes the difference.

In order to fully understand the verse you must go through the whole context. You just can't read pieces from the bible and comes to conclusion. The whole context gives you the clear view of the verse to understand and that's why many people are misunderstood because they don't read the  context.

Lets have a look! Word "Worship" in the Bible

John 9:38 and some different translations. This word "worshipping" is not worshipping as a God and many people misunderstood this.

GOD'S WORD Translation 1995

The man bowed in front of Jesus and said, "I believe, Lord"

KING JAMES 2000 BIBLE 2003

And he said, Lord I believe. And he worshipped him.

Douay-Rheims Bible

And he said, I believe, Lord and falling down, he adored him.

Here "Worship" word is extreme form of love not worshipping as a God. If I say he worship money or he worship his wife, it doesn't mean that he worship as a God. it means he loves her extremely.

You say, QUOTE:  "it doesn't mean that he worship as a God"

What is your proof of that one?

i've been confused by this since i was about 7. (Im 20 now!)

There is ONE God.

From my understanding, God created Jesus. which is a human, but himself. Makes sense, God & Jesus are the same person. So why do people say that Jesus sits in Heaven at Gods side? and why to we sometimes pray to God and other times to Jesus? and what does "In Jesus name we pray" mean? 

The ONLY way you will truly understand this is to thoroughly study the scriptures! If you get a concordance and look up every verse in the New testament that mentions "Father", "Holy Spirit", and "Jesus" or "The Son", especially those that mention 2 or all of them together in the same verse, you will quickly begin to see the relationship between them, that each is God, and all are God together as one. This is not that amazing, since God is greater than man, that He can exist in three distinct beings, and yet be entirely united as one at the same time. He is GOD after all!

"He can exit in three distinct beings" ???

Nothing is clearly in the Word but that God is ONE.  Did you mean to say that the One God has 3 egos or persons?  God is one in being, essence; but has 3 ego's, Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.  Is it not strange that after hammering this out many centuries ago, people still argue it?  The importance to us is that an imaginary Savior cannot save.  Jesus, the Mexican mechanic, cannot save.  The only Jesus who can save is the real one, namely 2nd person of the Trinity, God having added human nature to His divine nature (2 natures, but 1 person, the Lord Jesus).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Really? 

What about these verses? 

John 14
6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me.

John 3
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.
18 He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.  God.  God  became man, left His Throne in Heaven to become a man so He could die on a cross for our sins, past, present and future.  He then sent the Holy Spirit who was also God , He is called the comforter.  God is all three in one.  We serve a Big God.  Praise His Holy name... !

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Lets analyze!

Understanding what Jesus was saying is important.  He was pointing out that nobody can keep the laws of God, except Jesus.  If we could keep the laws, there would be no need for Jesus.  Since we cannot keep God's laws, were would forever be seen as sinners.  Jesus came to be the final sacrifice for those who would accept Him. 

They both are right.  You are misled to think there is a choice.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Lets analyze!

Hello TF - Context is everything.

Read further:

20 The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept ; what am I still lacking ?" 21 Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven ; and come, follow Me."

You see, at the time, the Sinai Covenant was still in effect, since Jesus had not died and rose yet. Thus, Jesus could not instruct that eternal life would be granted through His death and resurrection yet.

But what was Jesus doing here? "Come, follow Me," were the words He gave to those He was calling to be His disciples.

So what we see here is that Jesus was first testing the young man's heart, and when he passed the test, Jesus called him to be His disciple! But sadly the man rejected the offer, having more love for his wealth than for following Jesus.