IGNORED

What comes to your mind when you read this scripture?

harris305

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Welcome to Worthy!

Since Jesus is the light of the world He shines through a person who loves Him and and everyone sees that light in the person's life. If there is no love of Jesus in the person all the world sees is darkness because of the sin.

wow i didn't think of it like that.

When I read this I think that it is important to guard the avenues of your soul.  Whatever you let into your body with your eyes will either allow your eyes to be a lamp that lets light in or allows it to be darkened because you let in whatever you wish.  This is especially true when choosing entertainment.  Just my 2 cents.

I appreciate your 2 cents.

It tells me to be careful what I let my eyes see. "The light of the body is the eye". The lust of the flesh enters through our eyes.

If we allow our eyes to see the darkness of this world, our body will be filled with darkness.

But if we guard our eyes against darkness, our body will be filled with light.

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." 1John 2:16

But how can we help our brothers and sisters if we blind ourselves from the problems and evils in the world?

Does what we view with our eyes bring Glory to God?

Not all the time.

Blessings harris,

We will see many things on this journey through life but we must not forget the "eyes of our heart" ........we have alot of choices before us,everyday.........& one will do well to focus the eyes of one's heart on the Lord,Godly things,things eternal & lovely,Heavenly things.......

Remnantrob spoke of "entertainment" & it is especially true to  choose wisely what we watch on TV & other forms of being "entertained"...............if you take in "light"& "Godly" that is what you will reflect & "put out "...............

God bless you,may the desires of your heart be of the Will of God,may the "eyes" of your understanding see the Wisdom & Understanding of the Holy Spirit..........in Jesus Name

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Well said sister in Christ

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

It tells me to be careful what I let my eyes see. "The light of the body is the eye". The lust of the flesh enters through our eyes.

If we allow our eyes to see the darkness of this world, our body will be filled with darkness.

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." 1John 2:16

But how can we help our brothers and sisters if we blind ourselves from the problems and evils in the world?

We are to come out from among them and be seperate, and touch not the unclean thing.

We are to help others by example. Living the Christian life is our greatest testimony and opportunity to help others.

We are to come out from among them and be seperate, and touch not the unclean thing.

We are to help others by example. Living the Christian life is our greatest testimony and opportunity to help others.

Thank you for the wisdom

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Since Jesus is the light of the world He shines through a person who loves Him and and everyone sees that light in the person's life. If there is no love of Jesus in the person all the world sees is darkness because of the sin.

I really like that.  It's sort of the same view I have.  If Jesus lives in us, then we see life as He does with compassion, mercy, and love -  because He is the Light within us, not darkness.  It reminds of John 3...

John 3

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

I really like that.  It's sort of the same view I have.  If Jesus lives in us, then we see life as He does with compassion, mercy, and love -  because He is the Light within us, not darkness.  It reminds of John 3...

John 3

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

I like those scriptures

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Here's another perspective on the matter, which I found interesting:

~~~~~

It is written, “Whoever diligently seeks good seeks favor, but evil comes to him who searches for it” (Prov. 11:27). The one who seeks good is called shocher tov (שׁחֵר טוֹב), "a seeker of good." The shocher tov uses the “good eye” (ayin ha'tovah) to see worth and potential in others. The one who searches out evil, on the other hand, is called doresh ra'ah, "a searcher of evil." The doresh ra'ah has an evil eye (ayin ha'ra) that is stingy, critical and faultfinding. The proverb may therefore be stated this way: When you seek the good of others, you will find God's favor (ratzon), but when you search for evil in others, it becomes your own. As the Baal Shem Tov once said, "When we see faults in others, we must understand that they only reflect the evil within ourselves." Likewise King David said, וּתְפִלָּתִי עַל־חֵיקִי תָשׁוּב, "my prayer shall turn back upon my breast" (Psalm 35:13). Some prayers are conscious words spoken to God, whereas others are expressions of heart attitudes. Our proverb teaches that when we harbor indifference, ill will, or resentment toward others, we hurt ourselves; when we favor others and desire their blessing, on the other hand, we find God's favor and blessing. “The one with the good eye will be blessed” (Prov. 22:9).

Source: Hebrew for Christians on FB