IGNORED

What comes to your mind when you read this scripture?

harris305

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Matthew 6:22-23

"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!"

I think of the expression, garbage in, garbage out. When at work I was hearing filth come out of the mouths of wicked people. Seeing the darkeness and hatred in them spewing forth, it was inclined to rub off on me a little. I would have to go home and read God's word and receive the washing of the word and the renewing of my heart and mind in the Holy Spirit.

I have only seen a few people who were truly demon possessed, but I was amazed at the pure darkness in them. And when I got home my family seemed so full of light and so refreshing. I went to my pastor and told him what I had seen, and again the light in those Christians was beautiful. It is no wonder that the early artists put halos around the head of Christians.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 6:22-23

"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!"

I think of the expression, garbage in, garbage out. When at work I was hearing filth come out of the mouths of wicked people. Seeing the darkeness and hatred in them spewing forth, it was inclined to rub off on me a little. I would have to go home and read God's word and receive the washing of the word and the renewing of my heart and mind in the Holy Spirit.

I have only seen a few people who were truly demon possessed, but I was amazed at the pure darkness in them. And when I got home my family seemed so full of light and so refreshing. I went to my pastor and told him what I had seen, and again the light in those Christians was beautiful. It is no wonder that the early artists put halos around the head of Christians.

Thanks for your opinion on the topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

This scripture really hits home to me cause I trust the Lord in my prayers to see people with God's eyes and ears.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

This scripture really hits home to me cause I trust the Lord in my prayers to see people with God's eyes and ears.

I'm glad to hear that.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Here's another perspective on the matter, which I found interesting:

~~~~~

It is written, “Whoever diligently seeks good seeks favor, but evil comes to him who searches for it” (Prov. 11:27). The one who seeks good is called shocher tov (שׁחֵר טוֹב), "a seeker of good." The shocher tov uses the “good eye” (ayin ha'tovah) to see worth and potential in others. The one who searches out evil, on the other hand, is called doresh ra'ah, "a searcher of evil." The doresh ra'ah has an evil eye (ayin ha'ra) that is stingy, critical and faultfinding. The proverb may therefore be stated this way: When you seek the good of others, you will find God's favor (ratzon), but when you search for evil in others, it becomes your own. As the Baal Shem Tov once said, "When we see faults in others, we must understand that they only reflect the evil within ourselves." Likewise King David said, וּתְפִלָּתִי עַל־חֵיקִי תָשׁוּב, "my prayer shall turn back upon my breast" (Psalm 35:13). Some prayers are conscious words spoken to God, whereas others are expressions of heart attitudes. Our proverb teaches that when we harbor indifference, ill will, or resentment toward others, we hurt ourselves; when we favor others and desire their blessing, on the other hand, we find God's favor and blessing. “The one with the good eye will be blessed” (Prov. 22:9).

Source: Hebrew for Christians on FB

Nebula, this was beautiful. Thank you for sharing it, sister. :emot-heartbeat:

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Edited by AGTG