AMD2093

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Its something where Christians believe in science to explain everything. But i dont understand. science DOES explain most things. so why cant we say something like "Science proves the big bang happened.... But i think God created the big bang" that seems to make sense to me! does that make me one of those Science Christian people? God created the earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th. so who is to say that this didnt - in human time- take thousands or millions of years and that if humans were there to see God create everything, to the human, it wouldnt look like the big bang?

I say God created the universe the way the Bible describes, but I also say that that was the "big bang" and would have appeared to be a huge explosion & expansion of the universe if people had been there. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

There is a lot of evidence for the Big Bang and I generally accept it as accurate. As you say, I just accept that God did it. "Let there be light."

I believe in the literal seven day creation, as scripture states "And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day." Some adhere to the "gap theory" in an attempt to justify the big bang theory and the old earth theory. The Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry explains: "The gap theory postulates that between Gen. 1:1 and 1:2 there was an entirely different creation which, some claim, was wiped out by a "Satan's Flood," and after which the earth was re-formed and the six days of Genesis creation commenced. The gap is said to have involved great eons of time. This gap theory was formed in response to the uniformitarian idea of long ages first applied by geologists in the nineteenth century. The gap theory is contradicted by the Bible itself on a number of counts." Read the rest here.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

There is a lot of evidence for the Big Bang and I generally accept it as accurate. As you say, I just accept that God did it. "Let there be light."

Yes!  It always seemed so logical....to me, at least. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I believed in that and evolution for many years untill my faith became much stronger and I clearly saw the flaws of those theories. So keep your mind open. There are many scientists who became Christians when they saw how those theories failed.

However. "Christian Science" is a religious cult of people who believe in healing by prayer and who discourage going to doctors. It was founded by Mary Baker Eddy. It is also called the Church of Christ, Scientist. They are a modern form of gnosticism believing that the spiritual world is reality and that the material world is just an illusion. So sickness is just a spiritual disorder to them caused by wrong beliefs. The cure is by prayers that are supposed to correct the wrong perception or beliefs. In other words, the sickness is an illusion and there is no death.

My aunt died of cancer while practicing Christian Science.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

There are always questions about theories.  A theory is not a natural law like the ideal gas law, but they are models to predict.  Until we come up with better hypotheses, we interpret evidence against the current theories.  If the evidence runs counter to the theory repeatedly, it is time to modify the theory or come up with a better one.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

"What is Christian Science?"

Answer:
Christian Science was begun by Mary Baker Eddy (1821-1910), who pioneered new ideas about spirituality and health. Inspired by her own experience of healing in 1866, Eddy spent years in Bible study, prayer, and research of various healing methods. The result was a system of healing she dubbed “Christian Science” in 1879. Her book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, broke new ground in the understanding of the mind-body-spirit connection. She went on to found a college, a church, a publishing enterprise, and the respected newspaper “The Christian Science Monitor.” Because of its similarity to other groups, many believe Christian Science to be a non-Christian cult.

Christian Science teaches that God—Father-Mother of all—is completely good and wholly spiritual and that all God's creation, including the true nature of every person, is the flawless spiritual likeness of the Divine. Since God’s creation is good, evils such as disease, death, and sin cannot be a part of fundamental reality. Rather, these evils are the result of living apart from God. Prayer is a central way to come closer to God and heal human ills. This differs from the Bible, which teaches that man is born in sin inherited from Adam’s fall and that sin separates us from God. Without God’s saving grace through the death of Christ on the cross, we would never be healed of the ultimate sickness—sin.

Rather than teaching that Jesus heals our spiritual sickness (see Isaiah 53:5), Christian Scientists see Jesus’ ministry as their own paradigm for healing, believing it demonstrates the centrality of healing in regard to salvation. Christian Scientists pray to realize more of the reality of God and God's love daily and to experience and help others experience the harmonizing, healing effects of this understanding.

For most Christian Scientists, spiritual healing is an effective first choice and, as a result, they turn to the power of prayer in lieu of medical treatment. Government authorities have occasionally challenged this approach, especially in circumstances when medical treatment is withheld from minors. However, there is no church policy mandating members' health-care decisions.

Christian Science has no ministers. Rather, the Bible and Science and Health act as pastor and preacher. Bible lessons are studied daily and read aloud on Sunday by two elected lay members of each local congregation. Christian Science churches also hold weekly testimonial meetings, at which congregation members relate experiences of healing and regeneration.

Of all the “Christian” cults in existence, “Christian Science” is the most inaccurately named. Christian Science is neither Christian or based on science. Christian Science denies all the core truths of what makes a system “Christian.” Christian Science is, in fact, opposed to science and points to mystical new-age spirituality as the path for physical and spiritual healing. Christian Science should be recognized and rejected as the anti-Christian cult that it is.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-science.html#ixzz2t8yb3EI4

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I heard a testimony from a biology teacher some time ago.

He shared how he and his wife were looking for a church to attend, not knowing much about the denominations. They heard about this Christian Science church, and they thought, Well, we're Christians and we're scientists, so that sounds perfect!

As he shared, it didn't take them long to realize the church was neither (his words.).