layhoma

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Karma is something out from the new age movement and has roots in some Pagan religion. Since being a Christian, I refuse to use it, but instead I would quote "you reap what you sow". Opt out to be politically correct, both serve the same meaning. Anyone would like to elaborate?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Before being saved, I used to believe in the doctrine of Karma and it is somewhat similar to the concept of 'you reap what you sow'. The problem with karma however, is that you have no get-out clause - you pay back every penny of the debt that you owe.

Jesus forgives us our sins. He pays our debts for us. Karma on the other hand,is a concept that comes from Hinduism, a false religion that cannot offer salvation.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

The simple difference is Karma is a Buddhist belief and reaping/sowing a Christian belief.  The doctrine is not the same.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Both are built of similar things, but only one is God inspired. God is the one who came up with you reap what you sow-He knows because He is God, and its its a natural consequence for our actions here on earth, and like willow said there is forgiveness for our sins, though we may still have consequences for our negative actions here on earth.

Karma, is merely a false religion observing something already happening in our earth-(reaping what you sow) and adding a new name to it, karma, and adding their own reasoning to it-like willow said no "get out" clause.

Karma is something out from the new age movement and has roots in some Pagan religion. Since being a Christian, I refuse to use it, but instead I would quote "you reap what you sow". Opt out to be politically correct, both serve the same meaning. Anyone would like to elaborate?

:thumbsup:

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 16:25

Is Just That Same Old Ancient Lie

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(a-c )

You Can Earn Good Points 

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Romans 3:10-13

But The True Is

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Only Jesus

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Saves

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

~

Believe

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

And Be Blessed

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Beloved

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

Love, Joe

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  36

Thanks everyone. I think I can now distinguish the difference in two words. Hope and Forgiveness.

Blessings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings layhoma!

By George....I think you have it!LOL    Praise & Glory to God,Jesus= Grace!!!!!!!!    I don't think I ever said"Welcome to Worthy!",nice to meet you!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  29

The idea of karma is similar to "you reap what you sow"  only difference is karma happens to you in your next life on earth and stands apart from any kind of omnipotent God. It's more like a function of the universe. While you "reap what you sow" is part of an analogy that explains God's nature and how he judges.  If you show mercy on earth then you will be shown mercy on judgment day.  But you can see some of the Truth of the true Judeo-Christian God Jehovah written in between the lines of other religions.  But (to me at least) the other religions missed the mark though they got kinda close with karma. lol   

• 1 month later...

The idea of karma is similar to "you reap what you sow"  only difference is karma happens to you in your next life on earth and stands apart from any kind of omnipotent God.

It's more like a function of the universe. While you "reap what you sow" is part of an analogy that explains God's nature and how he judges.  

If you show mercy on earth then you will be shown mercy on judgment day.

But you can see some of the Truth of the true Judeo-Christian God Jehovah written in between the lines of other religions.  

But (to me at least) the other religions missed the mark though they got kinda close with karma. lol  

~

The Lie About "Good Works

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3:10-12

And The Truth About

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:23-28

Jesus

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:62

And His Word

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I believe that Karma comes from the Buddha religion.Reap what you sow comes from the Bible.There is quite a difference.

Galatians 6:7 7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.