Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DRS81

Living in a fallen world

38 posts in this topic

What does that mean to each person, believer and nonbeliever. Do you expect pessimism, or do you see hope on the horizon.

"Hope is patience with the lamp lit"

I don't see it on the horizon, it's not something I am searching for, I am living in it.

There is a reason we are told to be the lamp on the hill 

The fallen world we live in is full of horror and sadness.  Inexplicable suffering occurs and we sometimes wonder why. . .  it doesn't make sense.  But God gave us with at least three things that give hope:  1)  human intelligence and ingenuity.  Although it is sometimes used for evil, it gives us science and medicine.  Technology to make our lives better and combat disease and pestilence.  2) Human love. Not only our loved ones, but altruistic good will to make life better for those suffering.  I think of the numerous charities such as Doctors without Borders and United Catholic Charities.  And those selfless efforts by countless individuals who volunteer their time to help other less fortunate.  3) The Creator came as a person and offered His life for us.  We have a Redeemer now and He will be victorious over this sad world one day soon.

Blessings to All!

We are in the world but not of the world.............I always see the glass 1/2 full because I have the joy of the Lord & my Precious Savior abides in me & I in Him & we in the Father................His Holy Spirit is with me 24/7,Praise & Glory to God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

What does that mean to each person, believer and nonbeliever. Do you expect pessimism, or do you see hope on the horizon.

I think that we live in a very dark and evil world.Satan is the prince of this world.Although Jesus is the King.I do not think this world is going to get any better in fact I think it is going to get very,very bad with the upcoming tribulation.Our world will not be at peace until the coming in of the millenium.

I think that we live in a very dark and evil world.Satan is the prince of this world.Although Jesus is the King.I do not think this world is going to get any better in fact I think it is going to get very,very bad with the upcoming tribulation.Our world will not be at peace until the coming in of the millenium.

There is also an incredible confusion, denial and a lack of Common Sense which I doubt that any of us have ever seen before. It's baffling and it's depressing. I've never known such an inversion of morals.  I believe that Satan is wording harder than ever before to spread mischief, chaos and lies. This is a sign that we are approaching the end.

God will triumph, but we have to be patient.

There is also an incredible confusion, denial and a lack of Common Sense which I doubt that any of us have ever seen before. It's baffling and it's depressing. I've never known such an inversion of morals.  I believe that Satan is wording harder than ever before to spread mischief, chaos and lies. This is a sign that we are approaching the end.

God will triumph, but we have to be patient.

What morals?I work with many,many people.Their is not one person out of many of those that I respect their character,morals,values or intergrity.Pretty sad :(

What morals?I work with many,many people.Their is not one person out of many of those that I respect their character,morals,values or intergrity.Pretty sad :(

You need to move to Oklahoma...

Blessings to All

Oklahoma is a really nice place & I have met really nice people from there & many other places....I do live in a very transient place(South Florida)and I meet all walks of life,Christians & non and the world still has many beautiful,God fearing,saved ,sanctified,moral & wonderful folks with lots of good values & integrity........to God be the Glory!

With love in Christ-Kwik

You need to move to Oklahoma...

Oh yea?No sin there?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0