IGNORED

I'm confused with something.

Guest DRS81

Is the Great White Throne Judgment describing judgment for all people or just the nonbelievers. I know that believers are judged at the cross when accepting Christ as their savior and that the Bema Seat is a place where believers receive rewards, but is the GWTJ describing all judgment for believers and also nonbelievers. When scripture says 'the dead' here, is Jesus Christ witnessing to both parties. Notice Rev 20:12 says 'to what they had done as recorded in the books', (books being plural). Also notice it says 'the sea' vs 'Hades'. To me, scripture is saying that the Great White Throne Judgment is for ALL people, and the Bema Seat of Christ is also part of the GWTJ under one final judgment. The 'dead' meaning nobody has their bodies yet.

The Dead Are Judged
11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

Is the Great White Throne Judgment describing judgment for all people or just the nonbelievers. I know that believers are judged at the cross when accepting Christ as their savior and that the Bema Seat is a place where believers receive rewards, but is the GWTJ describing all judgment for believers and also nonbelievers. When scripture says 'the dead' here, is Jesus Christ witnessing to both parties. Notice Rev 20:12 says 'to what they had done as recorded in the books', (books being plural). Also notice it says 'the sea' vs 'Hades'. To me, scripture is saying that the Great White Throne Judgment is for ALL people, and the Bema Seat of Christ is also part of the GWTJ under one final judgment. The 'dead' meaning nobody has their bodies yet.

The Dead Are Judged

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

The dead in Christ are raised at His coming this is the first resurrection. 1000 years later is the second resurrection where all of the rest will be judged this is the white throne judgement

The dead in Christ are raised at His coming this is the first resurrection. 1000 years later is the second resurrection where all of the rest will be judged this is the white throne judgement

I agree. So the Bema Seat of Christ would take place before the 1000 years. I just don't understand why in V12 the book of life is opened at the GWTJ if the white throne is for nonbelievers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The Dead Are Judged

The Great White Throne Judgment is for nonbelievers.We are judged in the Bema Seat.I thought the believers were judged right when they arrive in heaven.

The Great White Throne Judgment is for nonbelievers.We are judged in the Bema Seat.I thought the believers were judged right when they arrive in heaven.

Just a reminder: The Bema Seat judgement is about rewards based on the believer's life since our sins were taken care of on the cross. :) 

The Word Of Faith

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 10:8-11

And The Books Of God's Word

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:46-48

~

Is the Great White Throne Judgment describing judgment for all people or just the nonbelievers.

I know that believers are judged at the cross when accepting Christ as their savior and that the Bema Seat is a place where believers receive rewards, but is the GWTJ describing all judgment for believers and also nonbelievers.

When scripture says 'the dead' here, is Jesus Christ witnessing to both parties. Notice Rev 20:12 says 'to what they had done as recorded in the books', (books being plural).

Also notice it says 'the sea' vs 'Hades'.

To me, scripture is saying that the Great White Throne Judgment is for ALL people, and the Bema Seat of Christ is also part of the GWTJ under one final judgment.

The 'dead' meaning nobody has their bodies yet.

:thumbsup:

Got Body?

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:26-29

~

The Seas

Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters! Isaiah 17:12

And The Sea

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. Revelation 20:13-14

~

The Judgement Bar

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:15

And

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

The Mercy Bar

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. Revelation 3:20

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

This text came to mind as well:

2 Cor 5

Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

What is the "Bema Seat" Judgment?  And what is the difference between that and the Great White Throne Judgment?  I have not heard of two judgments before --- where does this concept come from?  Thanx ...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

I agree. So the Bema Seat of Christ would take place before the 1000 years. I just don't understand why in V12 the book of life is opened at the GWTJ if the white throne is for nonbelievers.

There will be people who come to Christ during the thousand years. 

There is also a possibility, I'm speculating, that those who have never heard will be judged on their works. I'm not claiming this only putting it out there as a possibility. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

DR: I don't know if it can be proven from scriptures, but where it refers to "BOOKS". Some Preach that there is a book of life and everyone that ever lived is in this book and then there is a Lamb's book of Life, where every Blood bought soul's name is written. as well as the debate of the rapture, many deny the rapture, while many preach the rapture. 1 thes. 4 speaks of an event where those that are asleep in Christ are raised first. please take note that many can not see. they are already judged to be "IN Christ" before they are raised. then we which are alive, speaking of the brethren in Christ, are taking up to be with them. this has to be a separate event from when ALL the dead are raised. from Rev. 19, to rev 22 will be the scriptures you will need to study. I will try to highlight some points that many can't see. for they have to wrap scripture( to make it say what they need it to say) around their doctrine instead of making their doctrine fit scripture. Also they will have to say that Rev. in not in chronological order. to make it fit their doctrine. But when John says and this happened and then this happened, it can't be anything but in chronological order.

Rev 19:6-9

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

KJV

Now please take note two people are mentioned here; THE BRIDE/the Church, and they which are called unto the supper/ the guest. Note That the marriage is come. the Bride is there by way of the rapture not resurrection. now many will say that we the Church comes back with Christ for the last and great battle. I believ this to be a false teaching, for how many Kings take their Bride into battle. so let's look to scripture for those that will battle and reign with Christ. Take note this is the First resurrection which occurs after the marriage is ready.

Rev 20:4-5

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

KJV

the first resurrection is of the ones that were beheaded and had refused the mark of the beast, this is the Great tribulation saints thus the first will be last and the last first. But the "rest of the dead" there is still some that needs to be resurrected. this will be the old testament saints/the guest will be called to the marriage supper.

Rev 20:11-13

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

KJV

now here in verse 13. "hell" can be translated as grave, many will claim the KJB is wrong for using "Hell" and not grave, but if to be absent from the Body is to be presence with the Lord for a Christian, then to absence from the body for a unbeliever, hell and grave is the same thing. hopes this help. so as scriptures says those in hell will be judged according to their works, and this is where many will preach degrees of hell. works has nothing to do with salvation,

1 Cor 3:14-15

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

KJV

"BUT THE MAN/HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED"