FreeinChrist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

So today i'm thinking about an Amy Grant song from the 80's I think it was called Doubly Good to You.  Being valentines' days if God has given you that special someone in your life, thank Him for being so good to you.  I know that many of us singles long for what you have.

If God has even done more and granted you to have children, thank Him so much for His Goodness to you.  Not only do us singles long to have children, but many married couples wonder if God will grant them this wonderful blessing.

And if God has granted you the special blessing of being Grandparents, please praise His Name, as this is another of His great gifts. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Yes doubly blessed with one grown daughter and a grandbaby boy almost 2yrs old.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We are more than doubly blessed. I am very thankful for my husband of 50 years. He is truly a gift from God because he received Christ into his life and repented in 1974. So both of our sons followed his example and are now in there 40s and serving God. They chose Christian wives who are also raising 6 grandchildren to seek God's kingdom and His righteousness. We also have a great grandson.

Since I know all too well what my husband and I are without Christ, I am most thankful that He is in our lives.

Psm 37:4-5 Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. v. 7 Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him. NKJV

When hubby was saved, the difference in him was overwhelming. He followed me around like a puppy and was so sweet. I realized that God waited all that time to save him because of me. He had been conforming me into Christ's image so that I would be a good wife, and was preparing my heart to receive this blessing. God could have saved him at any time. He was waiting on me. So it is that God might be waiting on some of you to become the best possible husband or wife for the person He has in store for you. Or it may be the other person that God is refining to be your perfect spouse. You will find that He also will use your spouse to continue to refine you, to rub you the wrong way and shape you into the image of Christ, from glory to glory. His timing is perfect. He is faithful. He has not forgotten you.

Psm 61:1 Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You. When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter to me, a strong tower from the enemy. NKJV psm 37:7 so rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him.

Doubly

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.  John 13:34-35 (KJV)

Blessed

Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God. Ephesians 5:2 (NLT)