• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The interview is 1/2 hour. If you have time to listen to it, I am curious as to what you think about it?

http://www.netiv.net/hidden-face-god/

(Note: Shroeder's theology obviously is not Biblical Christianity. What I am asking about is his presentation concerning quantum physics and molecular biology pointing to an outside-source for consciousness and evidence for a Creator.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Looks interesting. Watching it now.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Seems to be a bit New Age-y with the universal consciousness or whatever he said, but I think I see what you're talking about.  Unfortunately, they spent so much time avoid "the G-word" or offending people, I didn't get much out of it on the first watch.

There were a couple of interesting things, though.  I'll have to re-watch it later.

Thanks for the link, nebula. :)

:thumbsup:

Close

Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian. And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds. Acts 26:28-29

Almost

And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart. Jeremiah 18:12

And Yet

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

Jesus Saves

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. Ephesians 3:16-21 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

The argument as I've grasped it is problematic philosophically. If you want to connect physical energy to consciousness then it is measurable and it really undermines his point. He wants to say it's metaphysical 'energy' which is unfortunate terminology in my estimation, and in that case, he has the old problem in philosophy of mind about how physical and mental properties interact. Maybe he has more specific thoughts on this. Perhaps he wants to run something like an argument for God's existence based on consciousness, and say God is necessary to make the connection, but I wasn't sure what was going on.

The argument as I've grasped it is problematic philosophically.

If you want to connect physical energy to consciousness then it is measurable and it really undermines his point.

He wants to say it's metaphysical 'energy' which is unfortunate terminology in my estimation, and in that case, he has the old problem in philosophy of mind about how physical and mental properties interact.

Maybe he has more specific thoughts on this.

Perhaps he wants to run something like an argument for God's existence based on consciousness, and say God is necessary to make the connection, but I wasn't sure what was going on.

The Metaphysical Universe

Physics and astrophysics have played a central role in shaping the understanding of the universe through scientific observation and experiment. What is known as physical cosmology has been shaped through both mathematics and observation the analysis of the whole universe. The universe is generally understood to have begun with the Big Bang, followed almost instantaneously by cosmic inflation; an expansion of space from which the universe is thought to have emerged 13.798 ± 0.037 billion years ago.

Metaphysical cosmology has also been described as the placing of man in the universe in relationship to all other entities. This is exemplified by the observation made by Marcus Aurelius of a man's place in that relationship: "He who does not know what the world is does not know where he is, and he who does not know for what purpose the world exists, does not know who he is, nor what the world is." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmology

And The Plain Spoken Truth

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

If you want to connect physical energy to consciousness then it is measurable and it really undermines his point.

He wants to say it's metaphysical 'energy' which is unfortunate terminology in my estimation, and in that case, he has the old problem in philosophy of mind about how physical and mental properties interact.

Perhaps he wants to run something like an argument for God's existence based on consciousness, and say God is necessary to make the connection, but I wasn't sure what was going on.

Physics and astrophysics have played a central role in shaping the understanding of the universe through scientific observation and experiment. What is known as physical cosmology has been shaped through both mathematics and observation the analysis of the whole universe. The universe is generally understood to have begun with the Big Bang, followed almost instantaneously by cosmic inflation; an expansion of space from which the universe is thought to have emerged 13.798 ± 0.037 billion years ago.

Metaphysical cosmology has also been described as the placing of man in the universe in relationship to all other entities. This is exemplified by the observation made by Marcus Aurelius of a man's place in that relationship: "He who does not know what the world is does not know where he is, and he who does not know for what purpose the world exists, does not know who he is, nor what the world is." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmology

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

Sure, I have no problem with philosophical metaphysics at all. And yeah, I can see how consciousness is one of those questions. But what can he mean by metaphysical 'energy'?? Does he mean something like platonic substance? It's very unclear to me what he had in mind with that sort of language.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Seems to be a bit New Age-y with the universal consciousness or whatever he said, but I think I see what you're talking about.  Unfortunately, they spent so much time avoid "the G-word" or offending people, I didn't get much out of it on the first watch.

There were a couple of interesting things, though.  I'll have to re-watch it later.

Thanks for the link, nebula. :)

Yes, like I said, "[his] theology obviously is not Biblical Christianity."

It's the science bit I was curious about.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,792
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

What I find so wonderful is the presuppositions of faith are the determining factor
of how the micro and macro is dedicated to the reasoning... both going out of sight
of mental grasping ability and yet here we set :24: bigger in opinion than we really

are! - one group saying we came from rocks and the other God through His Word!

Love, Steven

Sure, I have no problem with philosophical metaphysics at all. And yeah, I can see how consciousness is one of those questions. But what can he mean by metaphysical 'energy'?? Does he mean something like platonic substance? It's very unclear to me what he had in mind with that sort of language.

Self-Aware Matter And Energy

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. Romans 8:21-22

The Same Metaphysical Foundation Of The Theory Of Evolution

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

And If A Tree Falls In The Forest And There Is No One There To Hear It

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Hebrews 4:12-13

There Is No Sound Because A Man Did Not Hear It

Hearken unto this, O Job: stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God. Dost thou know when God disposed them, and caused the light of his cloud to shine? Dost thou know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him which is perfect in knowledge? Job 37:14-16

Or Does God Hear It?

Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD. Jeremiah 23:23-24