IGNORED

In what manner were the human authors of the bible inspired?

LookingForAnswers

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  2

By this I mean how did the Holy Spirit impart upon the individuals what to write?

I am asking because the below statement was made in a different part of the forum and I had never heard this before.

IN FACT, There is some evidence that MOSES was given the Torah LETTER BY LETTER

This is not my understanding of how the men who wrote the bible were led by the Holy Spirit so I really wanted to get some other input.

Thanks in advance.

Some believe the men were just heavily influenced as to what to say.  I personally believe that they wrote as God gave them the words.  I don't believe the men who wrote the Bible knew they were writing the Bible, but I do believe it was God's plan all along that what they wrote would be the finished canon of scripture. 

As for Moses, I do believe that the entire law was given to him directly by God.  I don't believe Moses simply made up his own regulations and gave them to the people.  God spoke to him directly, and Moses wrote down what God said. 

God is spirit and exists in the spirit realm, and in this spirit is everything you need to know. God is alive in the spirit realm and is in control if it all. Hebrews 4:12.

God is spirit and exists in the spirit realm, and in this spirit is everything you need to know. God is alive in the spirit realm and is in control if it all. Hebrews 4:12.

That is very nice, do you think you might try and answer the question now.

Some believe the men were just heavily influenced as to what to say.  I personally believe that they wrote as God gave them the words.  I don't believe the men who wrote the Bible knew they were writing the Bible, but I do believe it was God's plan all along that what they wrote would be the finished canon of scripture. 

As for Moses, I do believe that the entire law was given to him directly by God.  I don't believe Moses simply made up his own regulations and gave them to the people.  God spoke to him directly, and Moses wrote down what God said. 

I agree that Moses wrote down what God said in reference to that Law, but did God dictate letter by letter the history, the genealogies,  the counting of the tribes and etc.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

according to scripture...ALL scripture is given by the inspiration of GOD.

It continues to be written today.

God Bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

according to scripture...ALL scripture is given by the inspiration of GOD.

It continues to be written today.

God Bless

That is not true.  Who is writing new scripture now?  Or do you mean that scripture is being reproduced?  I agree with some of the others here, scripture was given directly to man to be passed down, written or verbal, and that it was not just "inspired,"  but verbally dictated word for word.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

No, that is a lie.

What I wrote comes straight from scripture. Yep, right out of the Bible.

ALL scripture is given by the inspiration of GOD.

This is also scripture: Every man is a liar; let God be true.

God bless you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

By this I mean how did the Holy Spirit impart upon the individuals what to write?

I am asking because the below statement was made in a different part of the forum and I had never heard this before.

IN FACT, There is some evidence that MOSES was given the Torah LETTER BY LETTER

This is not my understanding of how the men who wrote the bible were led by the Holy Spirit so I really wanted to get some other input.

Thanks in advance.

The scripture says this in......

Hebrews 1:1-2 - GOD, WHO at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets.  Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

The Word of God tells us that God at sundry (different) times and in divers (different) manners or ways spoke in the past (OT) by the prophets.  Down through history God at different time periods would move upon the prophets.  For example the first time Moses went up to the top of the mountain God himself wrote the laws of God with his own finger in the tablets of stone in which Moses has to cut out of the mountain.  The first set of tablets were broken after Moses had came down from the mount and saw the children of Israel had set up a golden calf and they were engaged in reveling.  Moses threw the tablets which had been engraved with the finger of God down and they were broken.  Moses a second time went up to the mountain but Moses recorded the laws of God down a second time and the children of Israel entered into covenant with God agreeing to abide by his laws and commandments.  God had prophets from the beginning of time.

The people of God recieved the words of God (scripture) throughout the bible in different time periods.  As you you had all of the minor and major prophets, the judges when God raised them up, Samuel during that time in history.  So it was at sundry times at different time periods throughout history God moved upon the prophets and gave them his words and instructions.

The Word of God also tells us that not only at sundry or different times in the past did God speak to his people.  But God also in different manners or types of ways would reveal his word to the prophets. he revealed or showed the prophets his word.  For example there was Daniel the prophet during his time on earth.   God sent an angel to show Daniel things about the end-times events about the anti-christ and it was recorded we still have those writing even today.  Ezekiel during his time period on earth was also show things by the angel of God and they too were written down.  The major prophets are known as the writing prophets as there writings are longer in length such as Isaiah and Jeremiah than the minor prophets such as Joel or Hosea whose writing were short.  John while on the isle of patmos was told specifically by God to record down in a book the things that the angel of God was going to show him.  John wrote down what the angel showed him in the spirit by the angel then also recorded and wrote down the interpretation and meanings of all the things he was shown by God concerning the end-time events that are going to happen in the earth.

So to sum it up God would move upon his chosen prophets in the past at different times and places throughout history revealing his words to the prophet who recorded it and delivered it to the patriarch of Israel.  Just as he did to John the prophet in the New Tesament.

God also divers or different manners would do this.  For example Ezekiel was picked up and carried away in the Spirit and shown things by and from God.  As you read the word of God you can see the many different ways in which he revealed his words to the prophets then in return they recorded it or pinned it.   

But God in the last days is speaking to his people through Jesus Christ as the apostles pinned and wrote their eye witness account of Christ's teachings as they walked with God,  Paul recieved his gospel by divine and direct revelation from God and wrote the espitles as well as James, John, Peter, etc.,