missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Do you think God gives this to us when we are born?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/12/us/baby-lab-morals-ac360/index.html?hpt=hp_bn1

New Haven, Connecticut (CNN) -- It is one of life's biggest questions: Are we born knowing the difference between good and evil? Or are we taught our moral beliefs by parents and society?

Philosophers and psychologists have long believed that babies are born "blank slates," and that it is the role of parents and society to teach babies the difference between right and wrong; good and bad; mean and nice.

But a growing number of researchers now believe differently. They believe babies are in fact born with an innate sense of morality, and while parents and society can help develop a belief system in babies, they don't create one. A team of researchers at Yale University's Infant Cognition Center, known as The Baby Lab, showed us just how they came to that conclusion.

Dr. Karen Wynn runs the Baby Lab, and she and her team have been studying the minds and behaviors of babies for decades. About eight years ago they began running a series of studies on babies under 24 months to see how much these babies understand about good and bad behavior.

The first test is the simplest. Show a baby an example of good behavior, and then an example of bad behavior, then let the baby decide what she likes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well, personally I think there is a difference in knowing the difference between right and wrong and being moral.

Most 2 year olds I have been exposed to are selfish little beasts until they are taught to be different.....   but they know the difference between right and wrong or they wouldn't lie to your face when they do wrong.

So I personally would say that we are born knowing good and evil, but have to learn morality.

Some people just never learn.

I wonder if God has given everyone the moral code to know of God?That way no one can say that they were not saved because they did not know of a God.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I wonder if God has given everyone the moral code to know of God?That way no one can say that they were not saved because they did not know of a God.

I believe the Bible says that

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone

LOL,I am laughing at what other one said,so true,,,,,I have a 2r old grand daughter,she spent the weekend with me & I just bought her a cute little shirt & after she was playing there was tear in it......I said,"What happened to your little shirt?".........She said,"Oh ,Mommy did it,she ripped it"...Lol    (Mommy was not there)

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

something we have to learn, morals come from ourselves.

something we have to learn, morals come from ourselves.

:39: Do morals really come from ourselves?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I think morals come from us. The golden rule has been dated back in egypt 300yrs before Christ. Its a good feeling to want to do good, even atheist would agree with that.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I think morals come from us. The golden rule has been dated back in egypt 300yrs before Christ. Its a good feeling to want to do good, even atheist would agree with that.

By and large they do come from ourselves, but only because we were made in God's image. Because we are all fallen, without proper guidance we can lose these morals very quickly. That is why we need God's help. Small children are more or less 'moral' but they can quickly learn to lie, steal and cheat as they discover what it is like to live life in the imperfect world that we all live in.

That is why when Atheists smugly claim that they don't need God to teach them a moral code they are mistaken. 'Good' Atheists are only 'good' people because they still possess the inherent golden rule that they were born with, but they can still slide into other forms of immorality such as adultery, sexual perversions and so on.

We need God's guidance to keep us on the straight and narrow. Satan can never completely remove morals from people, but he can cause so much confusion that he twists these morals beyond recognition. In the case of truly evil people, love can be twisted into hate.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

God wrote his laws on the house of Israel hearts Jer 31:33

Gentils having the law written on their hearts

Rom 2:15

We are all given a conscience and that conscience should recognize Jesus Christ when we meet him.

Edited by SandyU