• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

It is a complex answer as I understand it.

Nurture versus nature further complicated by spiritual rebirth forming higher levels of good and evil men.

When two come together they reproduce after their own image. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Different things both spiritual and natural take place and further form the person.

Rinse and repeat.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Philosophers and psychologists

And there's the blasphemy right there; never believe what these "warlocks of the mind" say...all psychologists are evil minded fools.

And there's the blasphemy right there; never believe what these "warlocks of the mind" say...all psychologists are evil minded fools.

~

So Some Seem To Think God Was Somehow Terribly Mistaken

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Romans 5:12

When He Died For Psychologists And Such

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

And Why

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; Hebrews 12:14-15

The Root Of Bitterness

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20

Beloved?

Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. Romans 12:14

Love, Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,869
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I could say the same about people who lump whole groups of people into one set...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I think morals come from us. The golden rule has been dated back in egypt 300yrs before Christ. Its a good feeling to want to do good, even atheist would agree with that.

By and large they do come from ourselves, but only because we were made in God's image. Because we are all fallen, without proper guidance we can lose these morals very quickly. That is why we need God's help. Small children are more or less 'moral' but they can quickly learn to lie, steal and cheat as they discover what it is like to live life in the imperfect world that we all live in.

That is why when Atheists smugly claim that they don't need God to teach them a moral code they are mistaken. 'Good' Atheists are only 'good' people because they still possess the inherent golden rule that they were born with, but they can still slide into other forms of immorality such as adultery, sexual perversions and so on.

We need God's guidance to keep us on the straight and narrow. Satan can never completely remove morals from people, but he can cause so much confusion that he twists these morals beyond recognition. In the case of truly evil people, love can be twisted into hate.

I agree.God gives us a conscience.If that conscience becomes numb we are in real trouble.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I think little children have God's holy spirit in them....and as they become older, it wanes if they don't have Jesus in their lives. According to the bible, when Adam and Eve ate the fruit of the 'knowledge of good and evil' tree , all mankind there after became aware of Good and Evil. Now, I think when the bible refers to 'Knowledge of Good and Evil' in genesis, it's referring to a tree that reveals the knowledge about an evil realm (i.e. the world of the devil and his demons) and the good realm (i.e. the world of God, Jesus and the angels). I don't think that children know about the evil realm, but they surely know about the good realm because we can see an amazing innocence that comes from God in them...and also, children can tell evil people from good people...for instance when an evil person comes in to the room, they start crying or become uneasy...and when a good person comes into the room, they become friendly, playful and happy...I guess they are that close to God, that they can tell the difference between evil spirits and 'holy' spirits.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I think morals can also come from our genes, some grow up to have more, others to have less. Our up bringing definitely plays a big part on the outcome of our morals. We are born with the mechanism to construct morals according to the way life and society shapes our minds. And when we are born again in Christ, the new self takes over with a whole new set of morals. In my opinion..    

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

My associate pastor in a very conservative church taught Christian counseling. His day job was as a psychologist and admininstrator in the local mental health facility. He taught most of our classes on marriage and parenting, and the BIBLE was his source. He was a godly man who raised 3 sons that also serve the Lord. He and his wife have always been very dear to my heart for helping us to build a strong marriage that has lasted 50+ years and to also raise sons who love the Lord, as they are now doing as well.

My prayer for all of us is that we should be

Heb 12:15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled.

2 Peter 3:17-18 But grow in the GRACE and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

2 Cor 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen

Blessings,

Willa

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,869
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I'm 67 years old, and I've seen a lot of 2 year old kids in my life.......   without fail they were all completely self centered and rebelled at the term "NO".       I know they have a sense of morality for when caught in things they lie their little hinny's  off.

By the time they are about six years old they will either have been taught differently by good parents, or they will be a terror in their teenage years.......    beyond the teenage years they are taught to conform or they are nearly hopeless without the direct hand of God.