Silence when I mention God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for your kindness in taking the time to respond. 

Do know that by Gods job I was merely referring to the work of God within him. The changes that come with a softening of a heart and the change that happens when one is transformed...

You know how women try so hard to change their partners instead of focusing on their own change? I didn't mean anything harsh by it. His change is between God and him. 

I have faith. 

Enjoy your Sunday! Mine is sweltering hot, beautiful blue skies and filled with kids laughter...  

Have a blessed day

Sunflower,

This is awesome up here what you said. So many people are so busy trying to change their partners to their ways thinking this is best for that person. Unfortunately, if the change isn't from within, it usually doesn't stick and ultimately backfires.

This reminds me of the time my wife, not then, told me it is best that we break up (we were dating). She wasn't happy with the way things were heading so instead of trying to change me, she left me hanging. (Imagine that!) lol

Anyhow, I thought long and hard about why she dumped me (about two weeks) and you know what? She was right to do that. Yeah, I know that is hard for me to believe too.

In two weeks I called her up and asked her if she still had a spot in her heart for me. She said not much but was willing to at least see me (on trial). Well, guess what? She liked the new me and the rest you know- she's fat (not literally) and happy. Lol

My point in case it got lost- I WANTED to change. She didn't strong arm me into doing it. This is why I think you are so right on and in a good place. It doesn't sound like you will Try to change him so unless he wants to change (toward god) you will clearly see the path before you. It will be that obvious.

Sorry this took so long to make a point you didn't even ask for. (I'm in a reflective mood.)

Your brother in Christ,

Spock

Thank you for sharing this, makes my heart warm to read how things worked out in your life.

I have truly reached a place of selflessness - where I have turned to God and asked him to use me to be a light for others. I went through a rollercoaster of emotions where i tried terribly much to change him, thankfully it didn't last long. I realized that in my quest to change him The Potter was shaping and moulding me. I needed change more than anything...

The best thing one can do is step back, pray and allow God to do His work. Think like God, be humble and kind towards those who dwell in darkness.

For the record, there's been many moments when he has mentioned God, even when I wasn't on my journey. In fact, when I refuted God's existence, he told me believed God exists. Thus, I have endless hope.

I am changing daily, and maybe his silence is mostly reflective. My changing certainly is overwhelming to me - more so for him as he experiences the effects of my transformation. He is a good person and he has a kind heart. I choose to think of his good qualities and to praise and appreciate this part of him. I have faith. I speak life into our situation and I am very sure Our Father will do a great work in him...

Again, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd give an update on this...

Today my partner let me know that he had just finished a video series of Louis Farrakhan - and how he loved this guy. 'twas a random comment but I was curious... Googled and my spirits nose-dived. Esp when I saw some of his vids...

So the root cause of his silence may have it's answer right there. Louis Farrakhan is the leader of the Nation of Islam...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

dump him as soon as you can unless he recants...     Louis is a seriously disturbed person and no one should be following him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sunflower

Oh Dear Sister,I am so sorry...my heart goes out to you ,I cannot imagine your shock & dismay..... but take comfort in the Lord & walk away ......I would.....Our Loving Father has someone just for you,someone that won't have to change because he is the "perfect for you ",Christ loving,God fearing ,wonderful man that He has chosen just for YOU.....trust the Lord

I am praying for you to let God direct your path.....in Jesus Name

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

I have to echo my brother and sister's advice above.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? 16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said,

“I will dwell in them and walk among them;
And I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
17 “Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate,” says the Lord.
And do not touch what is unclean;
And I will welcome you.

I have to echo my brother and sister's advice above.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? 16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said,

“I will dwell in them and walk among them;And I will be their God, and they shall be My people.17 “Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate,” says the Lord.“And do not touch what is unclean;And I will welcome you.

dump him as soon as you can unless he recants...     Louis is a seriously disturbed person and no one should be following him.

Blessings Sunflower

Oh Dear Sister,I am so sorry...my heart goes out to you ,I cannot imagine your shock & dismay..... but take comfort in the Lord & walk away ......I would.....Our Loving Father has someone just for you,someone that won't have to change because he is the "perfect for you ",Christ loving,God fearing ,wonderful man that He has chosen just for YOU.....trust the Lord

I am praying for you to let God direct your path.....in Jesus Name

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hello :) I've been thinking through this.,, my attention and focus in on Our Father during this time... Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I appreciate it... Much love