• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

1 Corinthians 3:22

KJV(i)22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;
ACV(i)22 whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things coming, all are yours,

My thoughts.

It does not matter the presenter because if the message is of God than the man is of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I've heard unsaved people giving words of truth. Just because God is able to use a person to speak His word does not automatically make them "of God" - for the moment perhaps, but that is as far as it goes.

• Group:  Advanced Member

1 Corinthians 3:23

KJV(i)23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.
ACV(i)23 and ye are Christ's, and Christ is God's.

My thoughts.

It is more important that we follow Christ because this makes us God's childeren.

1 Corinthians 4:1

KJV(i)1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
ACV(i)1 Thus let a man regard us as of helpers of Christ, and managers of mysteries of God.

My thoughts.

We should live in this way to make people see this in us.

• 3 weeks later...

1 Corinthians 4:2

KJV(i)2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
ACV(i)2 And beyond that, it is sought in managers that any man should be found faithful.

These are my thoughts.

We should all try to be trustworthy so we can have an easier time managing what God has given us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

1 Corinthians 3:22

KJV(i)22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;

ACV(i)22 whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things coming, all are yours,

My thoughts.

It does not matter the presenter because if the message is of God than the man is of God.

Hi Clark, 

The apostle Paul at the beginning of chapter three blamed the Corinthian believers that it was their carnality that was the cause of their divisions.  One of the areas that Paul addressed and gave instructions too was their divisions concerning their ministers.  He is and was making them to see that their ministers were no more than ministers.  That they were unanimus in carrying on the same purpose in which they were created and designed to fulfill.  That they all built on one and the same foundation which was Christ..  Paul dehorts or urged them to abstain and refrain themselves from glorying in particular ministers.  Because of the equal interest they had in all (1 Corinthians 3:22 to the end).  Their contention and discord among them over and about their ministers was evidence of their carnality that Paul was addressing. 

Paul told them they were yet carnal and walked as men.  They had mutual emulations and quarrels in trying to equal or excel another above another in their jealous rivalry that was going in the group cliques within that congregation as a whole. This was all upon the account of their ministers while one group was saying  I am of Paul another group I am of Apollos and another group of Chephas.  Again this was proof that their fleshly interests and affections had gotten the better of them and it had swayed them.  Paul reminds them and asked " who then is Paul and who is Apollos but ministers just mere instruments in which they had believed? 

They were just ministers simply mere instruments that were being used by the God of all grace.  Some of the factions or group cliques the people in the church at Corinth seemed to have made more of their ministers as if they were lords of their faith.  The authors of their religion so to speak.  We have to and should be careful not to deify ministers to not put them in the place of God.  The apostles are not and were not the authors of our faith and religion only Jesus Christ is the author and finisher of our faith.  Even though they were authorized and qualified by God to reveal and make known the gospel of Jesus Christ and even though God has qualified ministers today.  There still even today should be no place in the church for jealous rivalry in trying to equal or excel another above another.  Because we all have our gifts and callings given to each of us according to the measure of the gift of faith.  We are all equal ministers, co-laborers in the kingdom of God, and as mere servants of God all glory should go as it belongs to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.