IGNORED

YEC and OEC Summary

Enoch2021

Guest shiloh357

Science doesn't need to be made religious. I myself am a Christian and take evolution for what it is: fact. Likewise with the Big Bang. While yes with the Big Bang we weren't around to see it, that is the most accurate theory that scientists have put forth. And who knows? God could have created the universe with a Big Bang. It is quite possible that He did.

I myself am a Christian and take evolution for what it is: fact. Likewise with the Big Bang.

Go ahead and start a new topic with "Evolution and Big Bang, Fact"....see what kind of response you get.

As I have been saying, you can be a Christian and believe that evolution is fact. Just because the Bible doesn't specifically mention it, does not make it false. Besides, how do we have new viruses? They evolve to combat our antibiotics.

That's not evolution.  That is simply adaptation.   Evolution is not fact.  Evolution is an untested hypthesis.  That is all it is.

May i point you in the direction of Darwin's Finches? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin's_finches

I believe as a Christian, I while not only be searching for the Truth that is God, but also be searching for the truth of how our world works and how He made our world. And I do believe that evolution was apart of it.

That is called "bait and switch."   The finches are still finches.  They didn't "evolve."  They adapted.   You cannot prove that evolution is true by using examples of things that are not truly "evolution."   There has never been any evidence that one kind of animal evolved into another completely different kind of animal.   Proving that finches adapted into another variety of finch is not proof of evolution.

You can believe the moon is made of cream cheese.  That won't make it true.  Evolution is a fariytale.   It belongs in books alonside the three little pigs and Goldilocks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Science doesn't need to be made religious. I myself am a Christian and take evolution for what it is: fact. Likewise with the Big Bang. While yes with the Big Bang we weren't around to see it, that is the most accurate theory that scientists have put forth. And who knows? God could have created the universe with a Big Bang. It is quite possible that He did.

I myself am a Christian and take evolution for what it is: fact. Likewise with the Big Bang.

Go ahead and start a new topic with "Evolution and Big Bang, Fact"....see what kind of response you get.

As I have been saying, you can be a Christian and believe that evolution is fact. Just because the Bible doesn't specifically mention it, does not make it false. Besides, how do we have new viruses? They evolve to combat our antibiotics.

That's not evolution.  That is simply adaptation.   Evolution is not fact.  Evolution is an untested hypthesis.  That is all it is.

May i point you in the direction of Darwin's Finches? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin's_finches

I believe as a Christian, I while not only be searching for the Truth that is God, but also be searching for the truth of how our world works and how He made our world. And I do believe that evolution was apart of it.

========================================================================================

May i point you in the direction of Darwin's Finches?

That's Micro-evolution or change in Allele Frequency not darwinian evolution (Fairytale for grown-ups).....

Be sure WHAT your definition of evolution is.  Because to discredit the Holy Bible, you have to show change from Family Taxonomic Group or higher. To be clear....

Biblical "Kind" was coined 6000 years before the term "Species" and are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT TERMS.

Biblical "Kind"-- is defined from:  (1 Corinthians 15:39) "All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds."

Do you see the Family Taxonomic Group in the above passage?

"Species"-- A fundamental category of taxonomic classification, ranking below a genus or subgenus and consisting of related organisms capable of interbreeding. (This is 1 of 3 current definitions and around the 30th in the past 50 years)

This equation is a Observable, Measurable, Repeatable, and is a Scientific FACT:

1. "Micro"-evolution:  Biblical "KIND", Change in Allele frequency

Natural Selection + Genetic Variation =  Biblical "Kind", This is (Humans: Tall/Short, Green Eyes/Blue Eyes, Dark Skin/Light Skin, Puerto Rican/ Greenland Eskimo ... Dogs: Big/Small, Short hair/Long hair, Boxer/Collie) THEY'RE STILL DOGS and HUMANS!

This Equation is an Epic Fairytale with NO PROOF (ZERO).

2. "Macro"- evolution: "Bacteria to Boy Scout"....

Natural Selection + Random Mutations + Billions of years =  darwinian evolution

If evolution is TRUE, then show 1 PROOF of this!  You must show a Family Taxonomic Group or higher change to prove evolution and discredit the Biblical Account.

And please, don't say because #1 is True then Ipso Facto #2 is True.  These two equations are in completely different Universes and the only similarity... is that each equation starts with a "Natural Selection"....which by the way, was first Identified and Documented 27 years before origin of species by Edward Blyth (Creationist).

It appears evolutionists are using the ole "Bait and Switch" technique.  Taking "Micro"- evolution" which is Natural Selection and Genetic Variation and "Grandfathering" these into darwinian evolution or "Macro"-evolution"... in an attempt to feign credulity with the former without explaining the latter.  There is a very significant distinction. “Micro"-evolution, by definition, is the same thing as genetic variation (the shuffling of pre-existing genetic information). It is both observable and observed, measurable and measured, repeatable and repeated—in short, it has been scientifically verified as a natural phenomenon. However, in every single case, the organism that has undergone the variation is the SAME KIND OF ORGANISM!

“Macro"-evolution” or (Bacteria to Boy Scout) on the other hand, has not been verified as a natural phenomenon. It has not been observed, measured, or repeated. No natural mechanism has successfully been put forth as the means by which new and more complex genetic information is generated so as to result in unequivocally new traits, organs, and organisms. “Macro"-evolution is an entirely contrived notion, extrapolated, with no empirical basis, from “Micro"-evolution.

The distinction is both precise and significant. To blur the distinction is to show contempt for empirical science and mix fact with fantasy.

Therefore.....For neo darwinian evolution ("Macro"),  you need millions of beneficial mutations over thousands of generations that also need to become fixated in the mean time overwhelming all the deleterious ones. You need NEW INFORMATION----- leading to unequivocal New Traits, Organs, and Organisms.  The notion with Mutations of this nature and magnitude is Laughingly Preposterous, genetically speaking.

You know where to start.....if you choose take this mission I highly recommend (as Strongly as Possible) to read through Ephesians about 50 times and Ensure you have THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD before you embark.

In other words,  You haven't proved a thing.  Your counter is a sentimental biography.  I am not dismissing that as unimportant; but it is not an argument.

As for THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD...?  I wear my armor against real threats.  This is not one.  Only those crippled by fear would feel these things (Evolution, OEC, etc.) to be a threat to Christ.

clb

Wrong-A-Mundo.

evolution isn't close to any fact LOL and darwinian tenets are in direct opposition to Scripture.

Viruses don't evolve from antibiotics; you use Antibiotics on Bacteria...... they are useless against Viruses.

Viruses aren't considered life anyway...they need a host.

Sir, please educate yourself on what you believe.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I think that while many good people believe that God used evolution to create the universe billions of years ago, I personally do not believe that it is either wise or possible to bring evolution and creation into some kind of agreement. Evolution, whether it is defined as a process that happens by "natural selection" or by "random chance" is a material process by definition that has no need of God, the Director of all things, as evolution is a process that has no direction. And I don't see how a person could logically say that God used evolution in His creation without contradicting Jesus. In referring to Genesis 1:26-27, Jesus says, "But from the beginning of the creation, God made them male and female" (Mark 10:6) - and not "But from several billion years after creation, death, and destruction, God made them male and female."

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

Are you sure there is not even one gap in Genesis 1?

How about here:  "And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Are you sure that there was no time gap between male and female?  The verse starts "And God created man in his own image."  Are  you sure that there is no time gap between that and female?

Are you sure there is no time gap between vs 27 & 28?  There is no time gap between creating man and speaking to man?  Not even 5 seconds?

"And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over every living thing that  moveth upon the earth."

Edited by EnochBethany

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

You know where to start.....if you choose take this mission I highly recommend (as Strongly as Possible) to read through Ephesians about 50 times and Ensure you have THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD before you embark.

In other words,  You haven't proved a thing.  Your counter is a sentimental biography.  I am not dismissing that as unimportant; but it is not an argument.

As for THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD...?  I wear my armor against real threats.  This is not one.  Only those crippled by fear would feel these things (Evolution, OEC, etc.) to be a threat to Christ.

clb

==========================================================================

Connor to be Honest...Structurally, your posts are an Unmitigated Train Wreck.  Almost Unbearable to locate "Your" Replies.

Try This....

When replying to a Poster:

1. Hit the "Quote" Button

2.  Highlight then Copy and Paste what you wish to reply to in the body of "YOUR" message @ the bottom.

3.  Highlight again sentence or sentences you wish to reply to (That are in the Body of your message) then hit The ( " ) just below "My Media" in the Tool Bar

Rinse and Repeat.

If you have a ton of repliers that you really don't need....before "ADD Reply":  go up and DELETE the Excess.

Please try this

clb

Connor to be Honest...Structurally, your posts are an Unmitigated Train Wreck.  Almost Unbearable to locate "Your" Replies.

Try This....

2.  Highlight then Copy and Paste what you wish to reply to in the body of "YOUR" message @ the bottom.

3.  Highlight again sentence or sentences you wish to reply to (That are in the Body of your message) then hit The ( " ) just below "My Media" in the Tool Bar

Rinse and Repeat.

If you have a ton of repliers that you really don't need....before "ADD Reply":  go up and DELETE the Excess.

Please try this

THANK YOU!  SINCERELY.  Yes, when I compare my replies with some of you veteran's replies, I realize what  a pain it must be.

No one has told me about the Media tool bar.

I have not tried it yet, but I will; and hopefully some headaches will be cured.

clb

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Try This....

Rinse and Repeat.

Please try this

I have not tried it yet, but I will; and hopefully some headaches will be cured.

clb

No problem.

It took me a while also, nobody told me or would tell me LOL.  So I went to an abandon thread picked a post that I wanted to "Brainstorm On"  :) and started trying everything under the sun  :)   Hit " More Reply Options" to preview (about 150 times)........ until I reached peeeeeeeeerfection  LOL

Other people did try to help; but they were having me hit the lightswitch in the upper left corner, then typing

and

after everything.  Can you imagine!

Lol.........I should have said [  quote] and [/   quote].  See what I mean?!

clb

Edited by ConnorLiamBrown

Try This....

Rinse and Repeat.

Please try this

clb

No problem.

It took me a while also, nobody told me or would tell me LOL.  So I went to an abandon thread picked a post that I wanted to "Brainstorm On"  :) and started trying everything under the sun  :)   Hit " More Reply Options" to preview (about 150 times)........ until I reached peeeeeeeeerfection  LOL

Other people did try to help; but they were having me hit the lightswitch in the upper left corner, then typing

and

after everything.  Can you imagine!

Lol.........I should have said [  quote] and [/   quote].  See what I mean?!

clb

Alright.....YOU GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :hurrah:

Now, so that your posts don't include all the messages in the Thread LOL....Hit "More Reply Options" and see how your post looks.  If it has 30 messages in it that really have nothing to do with your post......scroll down to where your Message body is (where you were just typing) look up to the darker grey area and delete everything you don't need. Use the "Backspace" button on your keyboard to get rid of any Empty Spaces. Sometimes, you'll delete more than you want....if you make a mistake, just hit the "Back Arrow" key (just above the Center paragraph icon) in the tool bar and try try again  :)

Oh, I forgot to tell you.....there is a cash charge $$ for my advice on post structure and editing.  LOL LOL