IGNORED

Being a Christian and being a worshiper.

*Zion*

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Is there an actual difference?  A man of God once told me there was.  I still don't see it, and he didn't explain it at all.

I respect this man, but has he got it wrong (which humans are prone to do)?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Did he mean that some people worship the Lord and keep it to themselves and others are out there spreading the Word?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Or rather applying His Word in their own lives. Maybe?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Being a Christian means your words are going to offend people, GODs words are going to offend people and you shouldn't care one inch that you offend. If they listen and become saved Christians and follow Christ then you've done GODs will. If they curse you and hate you then you've done GODs will. And if you point out to a psudo Christian where they're wrong and they curse you...to bad for them for they'll die and go to hell for their foolishness in following lies.

Just keep in mind....the world hates Christ and it hates you and the apostate religions of man hate you.

I really am not sure what he meant.  I see being a christian as being a follower of Christ, therefore submitting and devoting one's life to Him, which is worship.  Worship is not a song in itself, or the simple lifting of hands.  That is used in expression of worship, surely, but for me, worship is lived, not just done.  Maybe he was talking in terms of just expressing worship. 

Hmm.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I see being a christian as being a follower of Christ, therefore submitting and devoting one's life to Him, which is worship.

As Christians we are commanded to follow Christ (GOD), set ourselves apart from this world, make deciples of men and defend the faith. Just sitting in worship alone is not the only thing we are called out for.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

Without an explanation, it is impossible to know exactly what he was thinking, but, if he was a man of God, it is very likely that a statement like that was meant to make you think.  

Are there people who say they are Christian, but are not worshippers? Sure. There are actually more people who say they are Christians then are actually worshipers.

Can a Christian fail to worship? Well, kind of. A Christian who is caught up in the cares of the world. Some Christians look at the world and become concerned about what they see going on around them or to them, and fail to recognize that God is not only in control but works out everything for His glory and our good.  

If I were to guess, which I obviously am doing, that line would lead me to wonder, when things go good, or bad, am I worshipping, or am I focused on what I can do to releave the bad, or patting myself on the back for the good, rather then faith, and glorying God.

I think it is a good question, and one worth asking in any given circumstance. Am I a Christian or am I a worshipper. One is outward, who I claim to be, or how I think I should act, and the other comes from inside, from the heart and by faith and should never cease.    

I see being a christian as being a follower of Christ, therefore submitting and devoting one's life to Him, which is worship.

As Christians we are commanded to follow Christ (GOD), set ourselves apart from this world, make deciples of men and defend the faith. Just sitting in worship alone is not the only thing we are called out for.

What I'm saying is that our following Him is in fact worship.  Worship isn't just sitting down.  Read the rest of my post you just quoted please.

Without an explanation, it is impossible to know exactly what he was thinking, but, if he was a man of God, it is very likely that a statement like that was meant to make you think.  

Are there people who say they are Christian, but are not worshippers? Sure. There are actually more people who say they are Christians then are actually worshipers.

Can a Christian fail to worship? Well, kind of. A Christian who is caught up in the cares of the world. Some Christians look at the world and become concerned about what they see going on around them or to them, and fail to recognize that God is not only in control but works out everything for His glory and our good.  

If I were to guess, which I obviously am doing, that line would lead me to wonder, when things go good, or bad, am I worshipping, or am I focused on what I can do to releave the bad, or patting myself on the back for the good, rather then faith, and glorying God.

I think it is a good question, and one worth asking in any given circumstance. Am I a Christian or am I a worshipper. One is outward, who I claim to be, or how I think I should act, and the other comes from inside, from the heart and by faith and should never cease.    

I think to be true followers of Christ one should be both and both are inextricable if they are genuine.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

Is there an actual difference?  A man of God once told me there was.  I still don't see it, and he didn't explain it at all.

I respect this man, but has he got it wrong (which humans are prone to do)?

Hey Zion!

I am fairly certain that what the Godly man meant was that worship is a focus, attitude, and lifestyle based upon the idea that God is WORTHY. To worship something is to place great value upon it, so much so that it determines your thoughts, words, and deeds. Those who worship God must worship Him in Spirit and in truth. I believe that scripture is the physical representation of absolute truth on earth. Spirit is, of course, the Holy Spirit, who dwells inside the true believer. Holy Spirit works in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure. Holy Spirit is the teacher and interpreter of the scripture to us. Holy Spirit sanctifies and purifies our thoughts, will, and emotions. He does this as we offer ourselves to God as a living sacrifice. Considering our Lord to be so wonderful and so great in our heart that we surrender all to him as an ongoing dedication is our reasonable service and act of worship to Him. Music is not the worship, but merely a tool, a gift God put in man which helps us express ourselves to Him and to each other the worship that comes from the inner man in dedication. 

All Christians worship God, as this is basically how you get saved, by offering your life to His service in faith and trust in who He is and what He has done for us. Not all Christians do well in continuing in the lifestyle of worship, which leads to maturity and a fruitful life in the Kingdom, which also results in greater heavenly reward, as well as a more blessed life here on earth (often with persecutions!).

Hope this helps and informs,

your brother Andy

Edited by ajchurney