IGNORED

Being a Christian and being a worshiper.

*Zion*

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I totally agree, but if you stop worshiping God how can you still be a Christian? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I totally agree, but if you stop worshiping God how can you still be a Christian? 

If that happens it could either be a phase, as it happened to many of us, or could also mean that the person never really was saved in the first place but still use the title as being a Christian. Some don't realize that being a true Christian means to worship and especially apply the word of God in our lives. And then you have Sunday Christians who are worldly for the rest of the week, maybe that's who that man was pertaining to.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

Well, if you stop worshipping altogether, then NO, you are not a Christian. This would probably be like the ground in Jesus' parable which received the word with gladness, but then fell away when trials, trouble, and persecution came. A lull in the outward expression of worship would indicate a carnal or fleshly time for a true Christian, but the scripture is clear that Hod chastises His own, and that the Spirit yearns inside us jealously. A true Christian always gets over the hump, and overcomes eventually, unless their errors lead to physical death. In that case, there is little reward in heaven, yet they themselves will be saved. The important thing to remember is that walking in the Spirit consistently and submitting to God's maturing grace will yield the most blessed, productive, and steady Christian life. A purposefully worshipping believer is the one who will do these things, because they are being obedient to the greatest command, "Love the Lord your God with ALL your heart, soul, mind, and strength."

More Blessings, Andy

PS- I appreciate your posts on Lordship Salvation also 

• 4 weeks later...

Is there an actual difference? 

A man of God once told me there was. 

I still don't see it, and he didn't explain it at all.

I respect this man, but has he got it wrong (which humans are prone to do)?

:thumbsup:

He

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34

Maybe

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

Right

And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. Luke 10:27

~

Man's Seed

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:2-4

Or God's Kids Indeed

Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:21-23

Only The LORD Knows Who Will Be Truly Freed

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. John 8:36