IGNORED

Wicked children meet GODs angry bears. Children are not excused.

Daniel Rush

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The word of the LORD; II Kings 2:23….”And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. {2:24} And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.”

Now….your everyday unsaved person who hates the LORD will accuse GOD of unjust murder…”Look how your so called God butchered little children!” They exclaim.

No….look how a bunch of wicked children who dared to mock GOD and his appointed prophet got what they deserved! A prophet is the chosen representative of GOD to the children of Israel. Word of the LORD Deuteronomy 18:18-19….”I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.”

GOD’s holy prophet was chosen to keep and teach the word of the LORD throughout all Israel and his authority from the LORD was backed up by the power of GOD…”The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken” Deuteronomy 18:15.

The holy prophet was to be obeyed and his office to the people Israel was made terribly clear unto them and all respect due to him was to be accorded as it was to all mighty GOD.

Now we know in II Kings chapter 2 that Elisha’s establishment was solidified by the time he came to Bethel so by now even the young children of Bethel should have known how to behave before the prophet of GOD. The word of the LORD; Deuteronomy 31:12-13….”Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that [is] within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law: {31:13} And [that] their children, which have not known [any thing,] may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.”

But what do we see from these children of Bethel? Disrespect, disobedience, blasphemy, mockery. They mock Elisha, they mock Elijah, they mock GOD. They believe not that Elijah was taken up to heaven, they assault the prophet and when they do not stop? Elisha brings down the wrath of GOD on their heads!

The word of GOD; Deuteronomy 28:26….”And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray [them] away.” The children were of NO EXCUSE! Children ARE NOT excused from the knowledge or respect for the authority of GOD! a gang of wicked brats dared to mock GOD and a gang of wicked brats had their bodies ripped to shreds by vicious bears. Today...foolish children don’t have bears waiting to take their lives and drag them to hell...they have a lion who waits among the tall grasses of their wicked stupidity. Children are not immune or excused from knowing GOD or respecting GOD or following GOD.

Be warned wicked children...Christ loves but he loves with authority and justice. You live to hate him and you walk a living death on the broad road to hell.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I beg the Difference in your understanding of the Authority of the prophet of God. The prophet himself had no Authority. they were mouth pieces/vessels for God. It was God speaking and it was the Authority of God they were disobeying, if they chose not to listen to the Man of God. In those days The prophet could bring news/warnings of things being done wrong in certain cities. and warnings from God to turn from the evil ways. So some cities that feared what God would say, would try and to keep the prophet from coming into town, one way would send their children out as so happened with your reference. Second you make a grave mistake as many others do, the physical death does not mean, that the kids were evil, or that they would end up in hell. in those days the sins of the parents could be passed on even to the fourth generation. the Children would be in that instance obeying their parents or even the elders of that city. sort of like the death Of David's child, the child was the one that died but David had done the sin. But David said that the Child can not come back to me. But one day I may go to the Child. You judge these kids in your reference wrongly, for if they were obeying their parents, it is good to obey your parents.

The word of the LORD; II Kings 2:23….”And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. {2:24} And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.”

Now….your everyday unsaved person who hates the LORD will accuse GOD of unjust murder…”Look how your so called God butchered little children!” They exclaim.

No….look how a bunch of wicked children who dared to mock GOD and his appointed prophet got what they deserved! A prophet is the chosen representative of GOD to the children of Israel. Word of the LORD Deuteronomy 18:18-19….”I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.”

GOD’s holy prophet was chosen to keep and teach the word of the LORD throughout all Israel and his authority from the LORD was backed up by the power of GOD…”The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken” Deuteronomy 18:15.

The holy prophet was to be obeyed and his office to the people Israel was made terribly clear unto them and all respect due to him was to be accorded as it was to all mighty GOD.

Now we know in II Kings chapter 2 that Elisha’s establishment was solidified by the time he came to Bethel so by now even the young children of Bethel should have known how to behave before the prophet of GOD. The word of the LORD; Deuteronomy 31:12-13….”Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that [is] within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law: {31:13} And [that] their children, which have not known [any thing,] may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.”

But what do we see from these children of Bethel? Disrespect, disobedience, blasphemy, mockery. They mock Elisha, they mock Elijah, they mock GOD. They believe not that Elijah was taken up to heaven, they assault the prophet and when they do not stop? Elisha brings down the wrath of GOD on their heads!

The word of GOD; Deuteronomy 28:26….”And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray [them] away.”

The children were of NO EXCUSE! Children ARE NOT excused from the knowledge or respect for the authority of GOD! a gang of wicked brats dared to mock GOD and a gang of wicked brats had their bodies ripped to shreds by vicious bears.

Today...foolish children don’t have bears waiting to take their lives and drag them to hell...they have a lion who waits among the tall grasses of their wicked stupidity. Children are not immune or excused from knowing GOD or respecting GOD or following GOD.

Be warned wicked children...Christ loves but he loves with authority and justice. You live to hate him and you walk a living death on the broad road to hell.

~

And Yet Strangely, The God Of The Holy Bible

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45

Loved The Sinners So Much

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

He Died To Allow

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Men Into

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

His House Forever

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3

So Dear One, Who Are We

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

To Throw The Beloved

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

Out Again

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

I think you make a very good point Daniel.  I rarely ever hear anyone discuss this story, and I must admit that other than just knowing about it, I haven't given it that much thought.  The prophets were given a great deal of delegated authority by God, and what they spoke would come to pass.  You certainly gave me something to think about.

I beg the Difference in your understanding of the Authority of the prophet of God.

The prophet himself had no Authority. they were mouth pieces/vessels for God.

It was God speaking and it was the Authority of God they were disobeying, if they chose not to listen to the Man of God.

In those days The prophet could bring news/warnings of things being done wrong in certain cities. and warnings from God to turn from the evil ways.

So some cities that feared what God would say, would try and to keep the prophet from coming into town, one way would send their children out as so happened with your reference.

Second you make a grave mistake as many others do, the physical death does not mean, that the kids were evil, or that they would end up in hell.

In those days the sins of the parents could be passed on even to the fourth generation.

The Children would be in that instance obeying their parents or even the elders of that city.

Sort of like the death Of David's child, the child was the one that died but David had done the sin.

But David said that the Child can not come back to me, but one day I may go to the Child.

You judge these kids in your reference wrongly, for if they were obeying their parents, it is good to obey your parents.

~

Amen~!

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you

Bless your enemies who curse "you". Those who curse GOD, mock GOD, and mock those he has charged authority to...are cursed in return by GOD.

”The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken” Deuteronomy 18:15.

Unto him you shall harken as unto me. Disrespect the prophet and you disrespect GOD and you bring GODs wrath down on you.

For the wages of sin is death

And that is a present condition. The wages of your sin "is" death means you are a walking dead corpse just waiting for the flesh to pass and then you shall die and go to hell. That's what a lost person is. That's what those children were, disobedianthatefull of GOD, disrespectful to his prophet and so they were disrespectful to the word of GOD and to GOD so they paid for their sins. Walking dead in the flesh they became dead.

Edited by Daniel Rush

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45

Bless your enemies who curse "you". Those who curse GOD, mock GOD, and mock those he has charged authority to...are cursed in return by GOD.

”The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken” Deuteronomy 18:15.

Unto him you shall harken as unto me. Disrespect the prophet and you disrespect GOD and you bring GODs wrath down on you.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

And that is a present condition. The wages of your sin "is" death means you are a walking dead corpse just waiting for the flesh to pass and then you shall die and go to hell.

That's what a lost person is.

That's what those children were, disobediant, hatefull of GOD, disrespectful to his prophet and so they were disrespectful to the word of GOD and to GOD so they paid for their sins.

Walking dead in the flesh they became dead.

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

Such Hatred

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Such Contempt For The Grace Of God

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Wherever Did This Current Root Of Bitterness Come From

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; Hebrews 12:14-15

~

Believe

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3:10-12

And Be Blessed Beloved

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:20-23

Be Very Blessed

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:24-28

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Luke 9:52b-56 NKJV

They entered a village of the Samaritans, to prepare for Him. 53 But they did not receive Him because His face was set for the journey to Jeruselem.

54 And when His disciples James and John saw this they said:

"LORD, DO YOU WANT US TO COMMAND FIRE TO COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN and CONSUME THEM JUST AS ELIJAH DID?

55 BUT HE TURNED AND REBUKED THEM AND SAID: " YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT MANNER OF SPIRIT YOU ARE OF.

56 FOR THE SON OF MAN DID NOT COME TO DESTROY MEN'S LIVES BUT TO SAVE THEM. And they went to another village.

Bless those who curse you and pray for those who spitefully use you (Luke 6:28) were Christ's words as well. He also said that

Matt 12:32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

So it would seem that out God is infinitely patient with teens who do not respect their elders and men who reviled their Messiah as well. Only those who knowingly revile the person and work of the Holy Spirit as being evil are without excuse. The day will come when He will judge the earth and its inhabitants. But until then mama bears should not be in the picture.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

The only people Jesus publicly rebuked were the religious hypocrites. He seems to have much more patience with prostitutes, traitors (tax collectors), rebels, and adulterers, and likely mouthy brats than he does for hypocritical pharisees. 

Daniel, I appreciate your zeal for reverencing God but the brothers and sister Willa rightly challenge you regarding the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the church age, as well as the Christians attitude regarding the sins of others. We are expected to lovingly discipline those inside the church, but what have we to do with judging those outside the church?? Our job is to witness Jesus Christ to them. Yes, we are to hate sinful behaviors, but to love the sinner himself and demonstrate the goodness and forebearance of God, which is what leads men to repentance. God does not rejoice in the death of the sinner, neither should we. Your "those punks got what was coming to them!" attitude really is a bit disturbing. You are happy when someone possibly goes to hell?!!? Think about it

There are two sides to God.  On the one hand, you do see his grace towards sinners, but you also see his wrath, as was the case with Ananias and Saphira and Herod in the book of Acts.  I doubt that when Ananias and his wife schemed to keep back part of the price of the land they sold, they saw this as lying to the Holy Ghost, but look at what happened to them, during the age of grace.  Herod's sin was not giving glory to God when the people hollered that his was the voice of a god and not a man.  You also see warnings in the New Testament towards sinners, as when Jesus healed a man but warned him not to sin anymore lest something worse come upon him.  The grace message being preached today is very unbalanced, and I would suggest unbiblical.  If I bring up those people in Acts, people downplay it or outright ignore it because it goes against their love message.  I found the OP to be an interesting take on a Bible story.