LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I have a quesiton I wonder if you can answer for me. At my church, whenever somone is seriously sick. They will sometimes ask to be annointed with oil and for prayer. But what if you are not praying about a sickness? What if you need prayer for a serious probleam you are facing? Is it alright to ask to be annointed with the oil in prayer for probleams? Will it help?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

we do at our church......   I have asked....

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

The scriptures for this is James 5:14-15. It refers to the sick being prayed for by the elders and annointed with oil.

But hay, I have layed hands on my car and prayed for it when it didn't start! God was faithful. I did it in faith but in ignorance. I guess you can do as you wish and if the Pastors don't mind, I am sure the Lord doesn't mind. It is the Lord who helps. The oil is just obeying the instruction in Scripture. Our heavenly Father is so faithful and caring. We trust in His character and grace as revealed by the life of Jesus. He helps us because we need it, not because we deserve it.

Blessings,

Willa

I couldn't even begin to tell you of the high speed printers and a few Fax machines with weird phone line problems that myself and one of my Cristian work partners laid hands on and prayed over that started working properly with no help from us.

I'm told a number of our customers picked up on it and did the same in critical situations more than once....   made me feel kind of good that it rubbed off on them......     Kind of impressed when we discovered that they found out what we had done for we never ever made a big deal out of it.   It was always asked as a personal favor when I was at my wits end.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think that it is wrong in the least to ask for God's anointing in any problem or issues that one is facing in this life.  It is just as biblical to ask, seek and knock and ye shall find.  The book of James also speak about asking and asking amiss.  Jesus said that "ye have not because you ask not".  So it's biblical to ask in faith believing and also to join in agreement with other brothers and sisters in the Lord in prayer.  So it is not wrong to ask for prayer from the elders of the church.  For the effectual and fervent prayers of the righteous availeth much.  blessings

just as a side note, I talk to the Lord all day long.....  back when I was working he was my sounding shield in discussing all kinds  of things all day long.     When I would be working on the printer setting behind the machines in a deep conversation about what might be wrong with it, it got to common that the people working there stopped asking me who I was talking to....

And when I tole them that we were going out for lunch, they stopped asking who "we" was.    They would also ask me to pray either for them or with them commonly.    I thin that's the way we are supposed to be living......   taking the Holy Spirit into everything in your life on a moment to moment basis.

So to me prayer is just carrying on with the discussions I have all day long.

If you want a real eye opener, just ask the Lord what he thinks about the TV show you're watching

You might as well talk to him about it for he's looking over your shoulder all the time.....   unless you do something really dumb then whether or not you see him he's staring you right in the face.