Love is the greatest commandment. The cure for jealousy is divine love. Does this make jealousy the greatest sin? Note: the results of jealousy are; theft, hatred, anger, malice, and ultimately murder. You can see how jealousy led Cain to kill his brother, Abel. Genesis 4: 4-8

*** Removed link to personal blog.  Please place the link in your profile. ***

Edited by OneLight

One of them.The unforgivable sin is not believing in Jesus Christ the risen Son of God.

I do believe that pride is the worst sin...

I do believe that pride is the worst sin...

That is not the worst but it is up there and OH BOY alot of people have that.

Guest DRS81

Lust, greed and sloth are huge in our generations right now. If we get these under control we might have a chance.

Pro 16:5  Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished

Pro 8:13  The fear of Jehovah is to hate evil; I hate pride, and arrogance, and the evil way, and the wicked mouth.

Pro 6:16  These six Jehovah hates; yea, seven are hateful to his soul:
Pro 6:17  a proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18  a heart that plots wicked plans, feet hurrying to run to evil,
Pro 6:19  a false witness who speaks lies, and he who causes fighting among brothers.

Let Alone - Blaspheming the Spirit

All sin is equal, all lead to spiritual death. I do believe that there are different degrees of punishment for the lost, though, just as there are different rewards (crowns) for the redeemed.

Not all sins are equal otherwise we wouldn't have been told of the unforgivable sin.

Pride may be the worst as it is Satan's original pride that caused all his mess in the first place.

All sin is equal, all lead to spiritual death. I do believe that there are different degrees of punishment for the lost, though, just as there are different rewards (crowns) for the redeemed.

Yes,I believe that there is different degrees of punishment for the lost as well.I have heard a couple of sermons on that and it makes alot of sense.I do not think that not believing in Jesus Christ is equal to the other sins.That sin can not be forgiven.Enlighten me on that if you have a different opinion.I always love your posts and I want to see what you have to say.

The first and greatest command is to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. Sin is defined by what is not of faith, not out of trusting in God alone. Idolatry and blasphemy are sins directed squarely at God Himself. I would surmise that sins violating the greatest command lead to the violations of the second, the "golden rule". Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is labeled as unforgivable, as has been also mentioned.....VERY BAD!!! 

Rejecting Christ is related to the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit was sent by Jesus Christ to draw all men to Him, to convince the world of sin, righteousness, and the judgement to come. If one rejects the workings of the Holy Spirit by blaspheming Him, then you cut off your only way to come to Christ and His forgiveness. I should dare say no sin carries a greater consequence than this!

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By michaelcla
      Is "Son of God" a really best Christian Movie of 2018? that describes the life of Jesus Christ according to The Bible and the principles of Christianity.
    • By Behold
      John 6: 51
      Lets look at this verse, as its a wonder...  John 6:51.   Jesus speaking...." I AM < (God) the living bread which came down from heaven;.. and if ANY man eat of this bread, he (they, you, me) live forever: and the bread that i will give is my flesh....which i will GIVE (salvation is a free Gift), for the LIFE of the world.. = "give for the life of the world"
      Jesus speaking :  "I AM (notice that He uses this title a lot when talking about Himself, as this is God referring to Himself as "The Great I Am").  So, Yeshua is constantly reminding us that He is not just the "Son" ,  He is indeed and literally God Himself who is the One manifested in a human body .. 1st Timothy 3:16.    And notice that this verse im about to talk to you about relates specifically to  John 3:16.   And notice that God manifested in the flesh is 1 Timother 3:16.  And if you read John 3:16, you see how neatly and perfectly God is drawing a Divine String through His word, in these verses and many more..... always connecting the dots, always placing interesting CLUES and "light bulb" moments in His word for any and all who "study to show yourself approved"...
      Now, 
      How to see this verse's main point using scripture to explain it.    There is the spiritual way and means to understand all NT verses.   In that you compare scripture with scripture...   You use the Word to explain itself..  The word teaches you the word..  And the way God has implemented this is that He does not always or even often use a verse, followed by a verse, followed by a verse, in some type of continuing consecutive order, to explain a doctrine, etc..  No.  What He does is put it all in a circle that you have to study to find and thus understand.  In other words, He has created the NT to be a sort of spiritual puzzle and you are to SEE the Light more and more as you connect the pieces.  And these pieces are scattered, as in a circle that is all over the NT.    For example, you might discover a piece of doctrinal Light in one verse in Romans, and then later, in Jude, or in John you'll SEE another piece that connects, and then in Acts there is another piece that connects, and this is always how you "study"... Its by a lot of reading that God will show your inner- man all these pieces that keep connecting and connecting as you go through the word, again and again.
      So, lets look at this verse in a few parts so that we can see .......
      1. "If any man EAT of this Bread".       And what is the Bread?  and how do you eat it?   Well, the "bread" of course is the body of Christ on the Cross.   And symbolically its a part of Communion...   Now, here we go....  Remember that Christ said... "Man shall not live by bread alone"?...... hummmm..  "but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God"....   So, isn't that interesting?    And how does that work, within the context of this verse?   Well, how do you eat the body of Christ so that you (have eternal life)  become born again?    As in this verse the "eating" says that if you do it, you shall "live forever"..    So how do you do this?    Simple.  the "eating" that allows God to give you "life forever", which is eternal life, is to have Faith in Christ.   To Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved....(born again)    And so all this is explained by this verse..... John 6:47. : Jesus says unto you, All that BELIEVE IN ME, = HAVE Eternal life"...     So, you have this verse that says to eat the Bread who came down from Heaven which if you do, imparts a consequence..  And to eat Him, the "bread",= Jesus..... means to have Faith, to BELIEVE, (Having faith is spiritually eating) and by this spiritual eating, you then become born again, which means you "live forever"..    And why?   Because the One who is Eternal Life, the one you just ate, (believed on) (Faith), is now in you and you are "in Christ", so, because you have Him, you have Eternal Life, as He IS, eternal life.  1 John 5: 11-13.    Read it.
      2. "give for the LIFE of the World".       This is interesting, because now this verse is speaking universally, with a condition, regarding giving  Eternal Life to the "world".   And here we understand that Salvation, The Blood Atonement, is Jesus dying for the "world".  John 3:16  This means, the world of humanity, for all time, and especially subsequent to the lifting of the Cross and the bodily resurrection of The Christ.    
      "I came so that you can have LIFE"...   And who is  "you"?   = All that eat the Bread. (Faith), and what is the "life"?  =  Eternal Life, who IS Jesus, and when you have Him, its because you have eaten Him, (Faith), and now you are "in Christ", and Christ is "in you, the <>hope of Glory"<>", = This phrase, "hope of Glory"... is a true understanding of  the One who is our Heavenly Hope, who IS our Eternal Life, living inside us, who is going to bring us to Heaven, because Jesus IS the/our "Resurrection and the Life".
      So, in John 6:51, we see that to eat the bread that imparts eternal life, simply means to "believe on the Lord, and you shall be saved", with its symbolic counterpart being taking Communion.  And we see that this verse is speaking specifically and universally regarding the One who said, "I am the resurrection and the life", and "i came to give LIFE (eternal life) and that more abundantly"... to all of the world, with the condition being, that this gift of the One who Himself is Eternal life, has to be "eaten".....that is to say, believed on, = by Faith.   So that is the eternal result for us, if we do what the verse tells us to do, with  the opposite and dire consequence of you not believing or eating Him, who is the Bread of Life, is that "if you do not (eat) believe that I AM He, then you will die in your sin(s)",...... And also said in John 3:36, = that God's judgment and wrath is waiting to be delivered as an eternal sentence to ALL who lived and died and never ate the Living Bread, = died a Christ rejector and WILL face God unforgiven.  This is damnation. This is Eternal, and its a FREEWILL choice that someone makes that God accepts.   And this reader, is why a person who ends up in Hell and the Lake of Fire, can never honestly or accurately accuse God of sending them there, as all God does, is accept your FREEWILL choice, and from there, your choice while you were living decided where you ended up, after you Died.
      Choose wisely if you are reading this, and are not yet a believer in Christ.
      Trust in Christ today, believe on Jesus today in your heart, kneel at the Cross today, and later meet God as your Loving Father and not as your Eternal Judge.

<B><