• Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:13:

Holy Spirit breaks out at Celebrity Event

By Daniel Vogler

This Gospel Session was part of a  3-day event that Oprah hosted in order to honor the Black Female “Legends” in which she incorporated the “Young Uns” (the next generation of Black Female artists). Watch yourself what happened when God’s presence landed right in the midst of these well known celebrities:

<snip>

To help clarify things right up front I want to say that no one here at revival lifestyle.com is saying that Oprah is any sort of authority when it comes to the topic of revival. Nor are we saying that what happened that night was a “revival”. In this testimony the power of God was clearly released through the testimonies of true believers (some of the singers). Oprah wasn’t a subject, but object to what God was doing. It is an amazing testimony of God’s presence manifesting and we should celebrate that He loves celebrities (including Oprah) enough to even show up at an event Oprah is hosting. It’s “the goodness of God, that leads people to repentance” (Rom 2:4). This day those people experienced a piece of His goodness, in how far this led them to repentance is information no one but themselves can claim to have.

Click here to watch the video

(Apparently this happened 2 years ago, based on the comments section.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

By Daniel Vogler

This Gospel Session was part of a  3-day event that Oprah hosted in order to honor the Black Female “Legends” in which she incorporated the “Young Uns” (the next generation of Black Female artists). Watch yourself what happened when God’s presence landed right in the midst of these well known celebrities:

<snip>

To help clarify things right up front I want to say that no one here at revival lifestyle.com is saying that Oprah is any sort of authority when it comes to the topic of revival. Nor are we saying that what happened that night was a “revival”. In this testimony the power of God was clearly released through the testimonies of true believers (some of the singers). Oprah wasn’t a subject, but object to what God was doing. It is an amazing testimony of God’s presence manifesting and we should celebrate that He loves celebrities (including Oprah) enough to even show up at an event Oprah is hosting. It’s “the goodness of God, that leads people to repentance” (Rom 2:4). This day those people experienced a piece of His goodness, in how far this led them to repentance is information no one but themselves can claim to have.

Well said... world. :hmmm:

This is all good and everything, but I hardly doubt it will change them.

Many celebs are filthy rich, spoiled and never in the market to give that up for Jesus.

But hey, God works in mysterious ways..just look at Brian Welch.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I know God can show up anywhere at any time. I did not see anything that made me believe he was there. This appeared to be a joyous concert for sure. Some of those people probably are true believers in God and some of them may believe in Jesus Christ. I do not believe oprah is in either group I mention above. I watched a few of her shows. One was when she had preachers and their wives on as guest; and the guest were swingers on Friday night to have sex with other couples and preach on sunday morning. oprah was saying that this was and example of good Christian behavior nothing wrong in these guest beliefs o public tv. Another show I watched; oprah plainly  said that God or Jesus are not the only way to heaven that there are many ways to go to heaven again on public tv. I never watched the oprah show after these two shows.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

By Daniel Vogler

<snip>

Oprah Winfrey is a snake with a forked tongue.  

First and foremost, the person is a show business personality.  Do NOT forget that she got her money by entertaining people and telling them WHAT THEY WANTED TO HEAR. Oprah IS NOT an expert at ANYTHING except show business promotion.   In that category alone she has proved her genius and ability.

Expertise in one field does NOT translate to expertise in another.  

Unfortunately the American public is so gullible about their celebrity gods that they accept ANYTHING these people promote as being right and good and just and gospel.  (Which is why so many of them are employed by Madison Avenue to sell soap and cars and drugs and political candidates and you-name-it.)

I have heard and read many TWO FACED remarks and deeds from Oprah to trust anything she says or does with regard to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Neither should the reader.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...