ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

In a discussion in chat, someone commented that she thought grace was first seen with Noah. With her permission, I wanted to explore that further on the forums. Does anyone recall an instance prior to Noah where someone found grace with the Lord?

Genesis 6

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9 These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Heb 11:5-6
5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death; and he was not found because God took him up;
NASB

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Job 42:8 God did not deal with Job's 3 friends according to their folly because Job prayed for them. v.10 God restored to Job twice as much as he had before. But I have no idea when it took place.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

John 1:31-32.

31. And, behold, you shall bear in your womb and shall bring forth a son and you shall call him JESUS.

32. He shall be great and shall be called Son of the Most High and the Lord God shall give to him the throne of his father David.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

There are no scripture prior to Noah that tells that a man found grace in the eyes of the Lord.  But we do know that there was grace available to mankind.  It is my belief that Adam was the first person to find God's grace in the earth as God forgave him (hence grace) for his transgression for eating of the forbidden tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  God also afterwards made a covering out of animal skin which I believe covered both his physical and spiritual nakedness before God. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Yes, when sinners are forgiven.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

There are no scripture prior to Noah that tells that a man found grace in the eyes of the Lord.  But we do know that there was grace available to mankind.  It is my belief that Adam was the first person to find God's grace in the earth as God forgave him (hence grace) for his transgression for eating of the forbidden tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  God also afterwards made a covering out of animal skin which I believe covered both his physical and spiritual nakedness before God. 

the Bible states that Enoch was taken up by faith......    is that not grace??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

There are no scripture prior to Noah that tells that a man found grace in the eyes of the Lord.  But we do know that there was grace available to mankind.  It is my belief that Adam was the first person to find God's grace in the earth as God forgave him (hence grace) for his transgression for eating of the forbidden tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  God also afterwards made a covering out of animal skin which I believe covered both his physical and spiritual

nakedness before God. 

the Bible states that Enoch was taken up by faith......    is that not grace??

Yes absolutely it is grace.  As Enoch walked with God and was not.  Enoch by faith had a relationship with God during his life time on this earth and lived a righteous life and he bulit a city.     But as far as the word "grace" itself being used and seen in the scriptures for the first time there is no record of it being used prior to Noah.   But there was still grace from the beginning of time that could be obtained.  Even Cain could have repented of the evil within his heart to murder his brother Abel.  God even confronted him and told him that if he did well then his offering would be accepted and if not then sin lyeth at his door.  Cain chose not to repent and walk with God by faith and as a result he carried out the sin within his heart and murdered his own brother in the field.  Grace has always been available from the beginning and God's forgiveness, love and mercy have been there from the beginning of time as well.  But the word "grace" is not seen mentioned in the Bible until it is mentioned in reference to Noah finding grace in the eyes of the Lord. 

Guest shiloh357

In a discussion in chat, someone commented that she thought grace was first seen with Noah. With her permission, I wanted to explore that further on the forums. Does anyone recall an instance prior to Noah where someone found grace with the Lord?

Genesis 6

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9 These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

Adam and Eve first experienced the grace.  They found grace in God's eyes when God killed an animal to make them skins as a covering, they found grace when God promised them a Redeemer.  They found grace when God didn't destroy them, when God had every reason to do so.  They deserved to die but they found grace in God's eyes and He had mercy on them and allowed them to live.