ayin jade

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Grace is the abundance of God that He gives to man simply because He loves us. Therefore, I believe grace was reflected in God's love for Adam.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

any scriptures where Grace is first used. WHat I am getting at is that the first time the word Grace is used is in the verse that Jade posted. I am sure it was shown before then but a pastor pointed it out in a  sermon a while back that the first time you see the word Grace or favor is in Gensis 6.

Guest shiloh357

any scriptures where Grace is first used. WHat I am getting at is that the first time the word Grace is used is in the verse that Jade posted. I am sure it was shown before then but a pastor pointed it out in a  sermon a while back that the first time you see the word Grace or favor is in Gensis 6.

That may be the first time the word "grace" is used, but that is not the first time the grace of God was in operation.   Grace was in operation from the beginning.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My new understanding of the meaning of grace is that it is God extending His finger or Spirit to mankind, so that mankind could through His finger or Spirit do what is usually impossible for man. The emphsis here is that it is still mankind who does or works, but s/he works or does by employing the power or grace of God.

The common understanding that Christians have about grace is that mankind is in passive mode, while God does everything. That is why the grace of God is not making people perfect in character today. Yet people are expecting pretribulational rapture to take place any moment from now. Could imperfect people be admitted into heaven?

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

His finger

This is so interesting to me. I've never heard this before. Can you tell me where you got this understanding?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

His finger

This is so interesting to me. I've never heard this before. Can you tell me where you got this understanding?

Im guessing from michelangelos sistine chapel painting.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

When Cain cried out to God, God responded with grace in marking him. (Gen 4:13-15)

I'd say that is grace.

I also see it in God's response to Adam and Eve, in reaching out in relationship (as per my post on God's first reaction).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

When the Lord did not destroy Adam and Eve, that was grace. Instead He shed the blood of animals to clothe them with skins, a picture of being covered with Christ Who died for us. I think that death was also grace, for it is the means of getting rid of the sin nature (he who has suffered in the flesh, has ceased from sin).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Finger of God is mention at least twice in Scriptures

Luke 11:20, in which Jesus referred to the power by which He casted out demons.  Hence we see God's Grace and the human race deliverance from the bondage of sin thru Jesus Christ.

The magicians speak of it, when noting to Pharaoh that it was God power that Moses was operating in, Exodus 8:19; see also Psalms 8:3.   Hence we see God's Grace in delivering the children of Israel out of Egypt.

IMO, this is why Noah is the first one mention to find grace.  Just as Moses preached to the Jews their deliverance from bondage in Egypt, so we as Christians have deliverance from sin's bondage by Christ Jesus.  We also see that Noah made an attempt to preach unto the ungodly they just would not listen, II Peter 2:5.  God was willing to grant grace unto many but just 8 souls heeded the message,  But God is so powerful yet so meek that He will supply our need thru His Son Jesus Christ but will give us free choice of rather we want/need it or not.