• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

I can't access it yet.

But, I'd like to know what it means by "those in the ministry" (the ones who can create topics there).

What ministry ... and what is the statement of faith for it ... and, how can I become a member of their number?  What are the requirements to get to that point?

I am brand new to this site, but I'm not 'brand new'.  :lightbulb2:  

I was an aspirant for a Doctorate in Biblical Studies (I selected Biblical Studies deliberately ... and it is preferred over "theology" or "divinity" or "religion" or "ministry").

It took my father 4 years to become a minister and another 4 years to become ordained.  I agree with the old way of doing things - live the life long enough, obey, minister, serve, study, visit the sick and shut in, teach, tithe ... THEN be awarded the title.  Then do the same things for another 4 years THEN become ordained.  I'm so tired of Churches making people "Pastors" almost overnight.  Long been tired of seeing a rich person or celebrity convert to Christianity, and the next thing I know, they are on TBN leading ... only to embarrass the title of "Christian" through their carnality, and even backsliding, and ultimately misrepresent God Himself.

Took Paul 13 years from his road to Damascus experience.

Daniel was a teen when he entered Babylon, but was about 85 when thrown into the lions den.

So, I believe in serving the Lord, even WITHOUT earthly titles.  But I also believe that if one is awarded with a title, they should be a laymen to prove their sincerity, dedication and faithfulness (as well as experience growth and even the fire of purification).

"My Name is mocked among the heathen, BECAUSE OF YOU!" - God

... let's not be counting among such people Brethren.  We are not to be among their numbers.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

Greetings.  :)

Firstly, the Welcome forum is what it says.

Welcome to Worthy.

This forum's description (Worthy Welcome) is: "Shalom! Welcome to Worthy Boards,

introduce yourself and join our Christian community!"

Feel free to introduce yourself as you join our community.

Once you make 5 posts you will have access to the rest of the forums and will be able to start threads on other forums within WCF on topics that interest you.

​As you now have more than five posts,

I'll ask a board servant to move your post/thread to the appropriate forum , (possibly Questions and answers)  :thumbsup:

Just a quick reply to your question regarding the study group. 

“Dear brothers and sisters in the Lord,

The purpose of establishing the Study Group Forum was for senior members and administrators of Worthy Ministries to lead specific Bible studies. Recently there were Bible studies posted that denied the deity of Messiah and for this reason I have limited the starting of topics to Royal Members and those who are part of the ministry. Anyone may reply to these Bible studies.

Because we want to have open dialogue with even those who disagree with the leadership of Worthy Ministries, please post your threads in the appropriate forums, i.e. Controversial issues, Doctrinal Questions.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George.”

Hope this helps ,   Nigel , (ncn chat servant)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Donibm!

Welcome to Worthy!!!!God Bless you,you will love it here & catch on very quickly & you will see that Worthy is not about titles & the ONLY "Who's Who" around here is our Lord & Savior....CHRIST JESUS,the Name above all names!!!

So I think the Lord has lead you to the right place,His Blessed place for all of us to be together,His Worthy Children.....the opportunities to serve the Lord are boundless here & the fellowship is beyond wonderful .....let us give all Praise ,Honor,Glory & Thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father ,in Jesus Precious & Matchless Name!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

BTW....I live in Florida too......near Ft Lauderdale,how about you?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Welcome to Worthy!! Do titles and degrees really matter? I have found that those who have no degree or "learning" from schools are far more knowledgeable about the Bible and the love and ministry of our Lord and Saviour. The wisdom that comes from God not from schools and the interpretation of the Word by the Holy Spirit are far more to be desired - I have seen this so many times. Titles mean nothing to me.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

I can't access it yet.

But, I'd like to know what it means by "those in the ministry" (the ones who can create topics there).

What ministry ... and what is the statement of faith for it ... and, how can I become a member of their number?  What are the requirements to get to that point?

I am brand new to this site, but I'm not 'brand new'.  :lightbulb2:  

I was an aspirant for a Doctorate in Biblical Studies (I selected Biblical Studies deliberately ... and it is preferred over "theology" or "divinity" or "religion" or "ministry").

It took my father 4 years to become a minister and another 4 years to become ordained.  I agree with the old way of doing things - live the life long enough, obey, minister, serve, study, visit the sick and shut in, teach, tithe ... THEN be awarded the title.  Then do the same things for another 4 years THEN become ordained.  I'm so tired of Churches making people "Pastors" almost overnight.  Long been tired of seeing a rich person or celebrity convert to Christianity, and the next thing I know, they are on TBN leading ... only to embarrass the title of "Christian" through their carnality, and even backsliding, and ultimately misrepresent God Himself.

Took Paul 13 years from his road to Damascus experience.

Daniel was a teen when he entered Babylon, but was about 85 when thrown into the lions den.

So, I believe in serving the Lord, even WITHOUT earthly titles.  But I also believe that if one is awarded with a title, they should be a laymen to prove their sincerity, dedication and faithfulness (as well as experience growth and even the fire of purification).

"My Name is mocked among the heathen, BECAUSE OF YOU!" - God

... let's not be counting among such people Brethren.  We are not to be among their numbers.

Welcome to worthy.

I sense a bit of hostility because you are not in control. You want recognized; this is evident. God knows you. In your post, I hear someone who is upset because he is not getting the recognition he believes he deserves. The street sidewalk still exist in Florida doesn't it? What are you waiting for?

Why are you not speaking up in the places you believe are wrong? Oh yeah, because of perscution. Those faces have eyes and they are all looking at you. The internet soapbox does not have glaring eyes, but the fiery darts are still there. They will still come against you hard, even here. Perscution you will still suffer.

I am amazed at your interest on your caption. You say the older you get the list keeps getting shorter. Hmmm, maybe someday "the Power of God" will be first. Huh.

I speak the truth in Him, brother. You can do nothing against the Truth; but for the Truth. With God there is no respector of persons. GOD is first, and it is best that I please Him and disregard the stature (position, title) of man. So I give to you, what He gave to me, to give to you. We look through a glass darkly, then face to face. Out of the abudance of the heart the mouth speaketh. So, if you are despising me, because of what I have delivered; It is not me that you despise, but God.

God bless you and welcome to worthy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Donibm..........Welcome to Worthy, from a rookie myself.  You will find this place very well organized, fair, friendly and very protected.  I am not up to date on the hierarchy here but I accept it as necessary.  And Quikphilly is correct, there is no "who's who" around here other than The Lord. 

I have been tempted to start a topic from time to time.  But I don't know what the procedures are just yet.  And by starting one, do you have to monitor it hourly?  And how do you know when to end it?  After you receive the appropriate answer? I don't know.  I may someday. 

Remember to save some time for the Humor Board in the Upper Room.   :mgbowtie:

Greetings.  :)

Firstly, the Welcome forum is what it says.

Welcome to Worthy.

This forum's description (Worthy Welcome) is: "Shalom! Welcome to Worthy Boards,

introduce yourself and join our Christian community!"

Feel free to introduce yourself as you join our community.

Once you make 5 posts you will have access to the rest of the forums and will be able to start threads on other forums within WCF on topics that interest you.

​As you now have more than five posts,

I'll ask a board servant to move your post/thread to the appropriate forum , (possibly Questions and answers)  :thumbsup:

Just a quick reply to your question regarding the study group. 

“Dear brothers and sisters in the Lord,

The purpose of establishing the Study Group Forum was for senior members and administrators of Worthy Ministries to lead specific Bible studies. Recently there were Bible studies posted that denied the deity of Messiah and for this reason I have limited the starting of topics to Royal Members and those who are part of the ministry. Anyone may reply to these Bible studies.

Because we want to have open dialogue with even those who disagree with the leadership of Worthy Ministries, please post your threads in the appropriate forums, i.e. Controversial issues, Doctrinal Questions.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George.”

Hope this helps ,   Nigel , (ncn chat servant)

I think it's nice that I have to post my fingers off to ensure that I'm (all of us) aren't posting offense things, such as denying the Deity of our Lord ... as there are many psuedoChristians in the world ... proudly professing to be of the fold.

But good golly miss molly!  I'll be out of ideas before I get to the maximum required amount of posts.  :-)))

So, basically, things open up automatically as my posts #'s grow?

... I'm anxious for the meatier things.  But, the basics are also good to reinforce also.

Blessings Donibm!

Welcome to Worthy!!!!God Bless you,you will love it here & catch on very quickly & you will see that Worthy is not about titles & the ONLY "Who's Who" around here is our Lord & Savior....CHRIST JESUS,the Name above all names!!!

So I think the Lord has lead you to the right place,His Blessed place for all of us to be together,His Worthy Children.....the opportunities to serve the Lord are boundless here & the fellowship is beyond wonderful .....let us give all Praise ,Honor,Glory & Thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father ,in Jesus Precious & Matchless Name!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

BTW....I live in Florida too......near Ft Lauderdale,how about you?

I think you may be right.

Yes ma'am!! Well, Tamarac.

I attend Christian Life Center on Commercial.

Welcome to Worthy!! Do titles and degrees really matter? I have found that those who have no degree or "learning" from schools are far more knowledgeable about the Bible and the love and ministry of our Lord and Saviour. The wisdom that comes from God not from schools and the interpretation of the Word by the Holy Spirit are far more to be desired - I have seen this so many times. Titles mean nothing to me.

That's debatable ... to be honest.

My father is deeply knowledgable concerning the spiritual things of God, even some matters of cultural history (like, what does the "white stone" mean in Revelation?).  But, I find myself catching in on matters concerning the language, and he lifts me up on spiritual things.  And as my elder, that is how it should be (notice also, I typed that i CATCH him while he LIFTS me ... placing myself below him deliberately).

I used to feel like you do.  And I only partially agree, and that is a case by case bases.

If you are debating a spiritual thing, then its the Spirit who guides.

But, if you are looking at a historical context, or a cultural influence, or a character evaluation, or the language, or textual criticism, then the one without the education will be at a great disadvantage ... cause the Bible doesn't give you all the answers, and the Spirit really doesn't care about being involved in certain debates.  He will leave you to your own devices.

Take Peter and James for example.  They were dumb and unlearned men, but mighty in the Spirit.

Take Paul on the other hand.  He was highly educated AND spirit filled ... and he went one to be perhaps the greatest of apostles (arguable).

Scriptures also say to STUDY (not 'read') to show thyself approved, knowing how to divide the Word of God.  Knowing the deep things of God.  Rightfully dividing (doctrine).  So yes, education does have it's place.  So, to me, what you call "degrees" are the results of RECOGNIZED STUDY.

Does and associate degree in ministry mean something?

Does a Doctorate in Divinity mean something?

Of course they do.  God bless them for taking the time and spending the $$$ to know His ways/Word and ministry more.

In fact, this has been the course of our history.

Elijah DISCIPLED Elisha

Elisha DISCIPLED Jonah

Jesus -> John -> Ignatius

It may not be a school with a black board, but it is teaching nonetheless.

And I thank God for the scholars and learned men.  So should you.  Be thankful because if it weren't for them, you wouldn't have a clue about Hebrew or Greek words, nor would you even have a Bible to read in your language, nor would you have Lexicons or Commentaries.  In fact, you'd probably still be listenting to someone "teach" you in LATIN and telling you to crawl around on your knees until they are bloody and bruised as a way to find Salvation ... and spending your $$$ as a way to buy your soul or souls of loved ones out of Hellfire.

See things as they are friend.  These things are important, and I honor the men who brought us these things THROUGH education, and I thank God for it.

Oh!  And yes, titles are also important.  Knowing someones title has always been important because you know their STATUS. 

PROPHET?  You will respond and interact with such a person a certain way

PRIEST?  same here

ELDER?  Same

DOCTOR?  Yup.  Same here

DISCIPLE?

APOSTLE?

SCRIBE?

PASTOR?

MINISTER?

CHOIR DIRECTOR?

... CHRISTIAN?

Yes, titles are very important to us on earth.